Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

After the storm, dogs in the snow

Gail P
December 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Even though it is deep enough to disappear in, the dogs have a great time playing in the snow.

Here Lightning is swimming for snowballs

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
That's just incredible! :laughing: It really does look like he's swimming and trying to keep his head above water...er snow... Does he ever find the snowballs? :D

Gail P
December 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
A few more

Frenchy
December 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM
It does take Border collies to enjoy that much snow :laughing: :crazy:

Gail P
December 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
and more still :crazy:

Lightning says, "Throw another one! I'll get it this time!"

Gail P
December 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
That's just incredible! :laughing: It really does look like he's swimming and trying to keep his head above water...er snow... Does he ever find the snowballs? :D
When the snow is this deep he can't get to them before they disappear. That doesn't stop him from trying though :laughing:

It does take Border collies to enjoy that much snow :laughing: :crazy:
They sure do love it, but so do the rest of my guys too. Thunder is crazy, he's from Louisiana so you'd think he'd prefer hot weather but he LOVES the cold and snow. He likes to tunnel into it and roll around a lot too.

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
And I'll bet they sleep well after playing chase in snow that deep! :laughing: :cloud9:

Gail P
December 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
And I'll bet they sleep well after playing chase in snow that deep! :laughing: :cloud9:

And so do I :laughing: I had to take a nap a little earlier this evening. I think every muscle in my body is aching right about now, between shoveling, using the big snow scoop, snowshoeing through this stuff to get out to do chores, bareback riding the horses around where my dogsled trail is supposed to go to break down the snow some, then some more snowshoeing on said trail...the part I've packed with snowshoes is coming along nicely, tomorrow I'm going to try to get around the rest of it and then dig out the snowmobile and pack it better. I think by then what's been somewhat packed will be firmed up enough that I won't bury the machine. Once all the work is done it's going to be so nice for sledding :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
:laughing: That's hilarious - best game ever :dog: Dogs certainly do love breaking new trails no matter how deep the banks are :laughing:

Chaser
December 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM
So cute! :lovestruck: Chase is VERY jealous of all that snow!

angeldogs
December 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
They do look like they enjoy the snow.and being out there with your daughter.