Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have an announcement....

Luvmypitgirls
December 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I have an announcement to share with you, my friends here at pets.ca.
I received a phone call this evening, from my oldest son and his fiance, and well.....I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA!!!!! Ok so the kid broke the cardinal rule...he's 7 and 1/2 years early with this accomplishment...I told him his whole life ...don't make me a grandma before I'm 50!
We were supposed to get together tonight but the weather and road conditions didn't allow this get together so he called me and told me "mom I have to tell you something, I wanted to tell you in person but since that couldn't happen I have to tell you this way before I burst".
Then he told me they were having a baby, and I couldn't be more excited, more happy more anything!
They will probably end up postponing the wedding a year but that's ok, as long as they are all happy and healthy and my grandchild is healthy, nothing else matters!
I can't wait to start shopping! Oh yeah... the loudest most obnoxious toys I can find and send them home with my darling grandchild!:laughing:
I can't contain myself, I have never been so excited.
Oh my goodness...I'm gonna be a grandma!:D Even tho I'm only 42, but that's ok....WOOOHOOOO...I'm gonna be a grandma!:D

aslan
December 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Congratulations LMPG....don't forget all kinds of toys with lots and lots of parts for mom and dad to trip over..:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 11th, 2009, 10:33 PM
You guys are :evil: :laughing: C'mon, LMPG, just enjoy the prospect of the grandchild and give the kids a break! :p

Congrats, girl!!!! :D

Frenchy
December 11th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to start shopping! Oh yeah... the loudest most obnoxious toys I can find and send them home with my darling grandchild!:laughing:

:laughing: :evil:

congratulations Grandma !!! :thumbs up

:fingerscr for a healthy baby :stork-baby:

luckypenny
December 11th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah... the loudest most obnoxious toys I can find and send them home with my darling grandchild!:laughing:

....don't forget all kinds of toys with lots and lots of parts for mom and dad to trip over..:thumbs up

You guys are :evil: :laughing:

Oh yesss, it's payback time :evil:!! :laughing:

Congratulations LMPG, to you and your family! Such happy times to look forward to for you :goodvibes:. and sleepless, ear-piercing times for the new momma and daddy :laughing:.

rainbow
December 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Congratulations LMPG !!! :highfive:

What wonderful news ....you must be ecstatic. :cloud9:

aslan
December 11th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Oh yesss, it's payback time :evil:!! :laughing:

this is why i love you.....

14+kitties
December 11th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Congratulations!! You must be on :cloud9:!!! When is the blessed event going to happen? :thumbs up

angeldogs
December 12th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Congratulations to you and the expecting parents.

Melinda
December 12th, 2009, 06:23 AM
congratulations, there is no feeling like it in the world!!!!

the gang
December 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM
:thumbs up ,i became a grandma at 50, its the best enjoy your little one, all the best for your family, brenda and the pins

chico2
December 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
LMPG,that's great news:thumbs up
I think your luck is turning beginning with the baby-news:stork-baby:
You must be soooo excited:grouphug:

ownedbycats
December 12th, 2009, 11:33 AM
That's wonderful news! Congratulations to everyone in your family :thumbs up (closest thing to a jump-up-and-down-cheering smiley I could find)

ancientgirl
December 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Congratulations!

Luvmypitgirls
December 13th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Thank you everyone:D
Oh I am ecstatic, I am thrilled! I sat up until 3:30 this morning trying to absorb the news, celebrating with Southern Comfort and Eggnog:D
Today, I got up and rushed out to the CrossIron Mills mall (huge new mall about 45 minutes away), and I dashed into The Children's Place, and bought a whole whack of gender neutral baby stuff :D They were having a huge sale and I thought I'd take advantage of it.
I was standing in line, waiting my turn at the checkout, and I looked down at the armful of baby stuff, and it was then that it really hit me, omg I'm gonna be a grandma, but even more astounding...my baby boy is going to be a father! Well that did it, I burst into tears, I couldn't help myself.:o The lady ahead of me turned around and the lady behind me leaned forward, I was grinning ear to ear but with a flood of tears running down my face. Both of them asked me almost in unison if I was ok, and I shook my head yes and said sorry didn't mean to alarm anyone, then explained I was just overwhelmed by the thought of my son becoming a father. They were such nice ladies, the lady ahead of me even went so far to say "you don't look old enough to be a grandma" :laughing:
Left the mall and drove back to High River and went for a walk thru the park, just really needed some alone time, a chance to really let it sink in.
I'm still in shock, but in a really good way:D

joeysmama
December 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Congratulations !! That's fantastic news. And being a young grandma will be fun for you--you can watch the looks on peoples faces when they think you're the mom and not the grandma. Everyone's jealous of the young looking grannies !!!

Magicwildwolf69
December 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Congrates!!!!! so happy for you grandma!!!

you know rattles are great nosey for little ones :)

angeldogs
December 13th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I like your drink of choice to celebrate with.:thumbs up

Congrats again

Dog Dancer
December 14th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Congratulations Grandma! I'm a wee bit jealous here.... When I was with my late husband he had 13 grandkids from his first marriage, and I was about 28 and we'd go out and the kids would call me Grandma and people would just look at me??? The older kids called me grandma just to bug me, but it didn't work. Enjoy it to bits! And cry away.

Luvmypitgirls
December 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Congratulations !! That's fantastic news. And being a young grandma will be fun for you--you can watch the looks on peoples faces when they think you're the mom and not the grandma. Everyone's jealous of the young looking grannies !!!

I asked hubby last night if I look too young to be a grannie and he said....No not really!:eek:..:sad:

Congrates!!!!! so happy for you grandma!!!

you know rattles are great nosey for little ones :)

Oh yes rattles, that will be my first noisy toy...then will come the flashing, beeping, wailing toddler toys...and my final revenge...a set of drums!:evil:

I like your drink of choice to celebrate with.:thumbs up

Congrats again

Ya know until last Friday, I had never had SoCo, my inlaws gave me a bottle and I much prefer it in Eggnog than Morgans Dark Spiced. Infact I liked it so much I went and bought two more bottles...and by the looks of it I will need to go and buy a couple more later today or tomorrow:o I rarely drink, but during the holidays I like to indulge a bit more:o

Congratulations Grandma! I'm a wee bit jealous here.... When I was with my late husband he had 13 grandkids from his first marriage, and I was about 28 and we'd go out and the kids would call me Grandma and people would just look at me??? The older kids called me grandma just to bug me, but it didn't work. Enjoy it to bits! And cry away.

DD, a grandma at 28, the people looking at you were going "omg so many grandchildren and looking so young, what's her secret!:eek:
I couldn't imagine being a grandma at 28, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around being a grandma at 42:laughing: Actually I'll be 43 before the baby is here.
The doctor figures she's approx 6-8 weeks so that will put a delivery date at early August.

Dog Dancer
December 14th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Oh so she'll get to have late summer hot pregnancy. I'm 51 now and anxiously awaiting my own grandchildren some day.

dollface
December 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Congrats LMPG! How exciting!!

I asked hubby last night if I look too young to be a grannie and he said....No not really!:eek:..:sad: Wrong answer hubby, dog house for you :evil:

Luvmypitgirls
December 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
:evil:...dog house? naw...how bout the 8 foot snow drift in the back yard instead! :laughing:

dollface
December 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
that sounds better :laughing:!

angeldogs
December 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
:laughing:Enjoy you have lots to celebrate this season.,i always picked up the 100 proof when i was running cross border.good stuff

Lucky #11
December 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I have an announcement to share with you, my friends here at pets.ca.
I received a phone call this evening, from my oldest son and his fiance, and well.....I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA!!!!! Ok so the kid broke the cardinal rule...he's 7 and 1/2 years early with this accomplishment...I told him his whole life ...don't make me a grandma before I'm 50!
We were supposed to get together tonight but the weather and road conditions didn't allow this get together so he called me and told me "mom I have to tell you something, I wanted to tell you in person but since that couldn't happen I have to tell you this way before I burst".
Then he told me they were having a baby, and I couldn't be more excited, more happy more anything!
They will probably end up postponing the wedding a year but that's ok, as long as they are all happy and healthy and my grandchild is healthy, nothing else matters!
I can't contain myself, I have never been so excited.
Oh my goodness...I'm gonna be a grandma!:D Even tho I'm only 42, but that's ok....WOOOHOOOO...I'm gonna be a grandma!:D

Wowee !! Hello there - somebody's "Grandma" !! If you're like most grandmothers, and my own mom (who was grandma to 10), they say that they enjoy their grandkids way more than they enjoyed their own kids ! lol. Less work, more rewards, ya know?! Enjoy !

Talk to ya later Grandma. :angel:

Luvmypitgirls
December 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
:laughing:Enjoy you have lots to celebrate this season.,i always picked up the 100 proof when i was running cross border.good stuff

I've never tried anything that's 100 proof, I suppose I wouldn't go through as much I could get my hands on some.:laughing:

Wowee !! Hello there - somebody's "Grandma" !! If you're like most grandmothers, and my own mom (who was grandma to 10), they say that they enjoy their grandkids way more than they enjoyed their own kids ! lol. Less work, more rewards, ya know?! Enjoy !

Talk to ya later Grandma. :angel:

Thank you Lucky #11, I'm really looking forward to being somebody's "Grandma"! And pass my congrats on to your Mom for being a grandma to 10! Wow that's a lot of grandkids! I hope our family will be as blessed someday.:cloud9:

marko
December 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Congrats LMPG!!!! :highfive::highfive::party:

Luvmypitgirls
December 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Congrats LMPG!!!! :highfive::highfive::party:

Thank you so much Marko :D

angeldogs
December 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
You never know. 100 proof or not.i opened a bottle of 100 proof canadian years back my bro had 1 drink with me he woke up at 5am i was passed out in the lazyboy the 40oz canadian club was empty and half a bottle of citrus twist vodka.get into something you like it can disappear real quick.

Luvmypitgirls
December 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
You never know. 100 proof or not.i opened a bottle of 100 proof canadian years back my bro had 1 drink with me he woke up at 5am i was passed out in the lazyboy the 40oz canadian club was empty and half a bottle of citrus twist vodka.get into something you like it can disappear real quick.

Yep, I can attest to that....since Friday, I've gone thru, 4 1/2 bottles of SoCo. Well not just me...I did share with others:laughing: Mind you my bartending skills aren't that great, one shot for them, 2 for me...:o

angeldogs
December 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Yep, I can attest to that....since Friday, I've gone thru, 4 1/2 bottles of SoCo. Well not just me...I did share with others:laughing: Mind you my bartending skills aren't that great, one shot for them, 2 for me...:o
:laughing:Hey the bartender needs the extra shot for all the hard work making them.