Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My parents have had another kitten adopt them

clm
December 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen the new arrival yet, but he had been showing up to eat on moms porch. She has a couple of shelters out there and feeds a couple of strays. This little fellow is very young apparently and he was always starving. She has no idea if someone on the street owns him or not, but being as young and hungry as he is, she doesn't care. He should not be outside at his age ( or any age for that matter), anyway. So she propped open her front door a few nights ago and he eventually slinked in. He hid in the house for a day and then started coming up to play with her youngest cat Trouble. He's not sure of people yet, but he likes other cats a lot. My sister wants him so he'll be making a trip up North next week to live with her and her cat. :D

clm

pattymac
December 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Cool, another smart kitty!! How does he get along with the other cats? No fighting? I'd love to let bob in the house but since he's not neutered, not sure how that would go over. I know he'd like to come in though!!

clm
December 11th, 2009, 09:51 PM
no fighting. The female of theirs isn't fond of him, but doesn't fight with him. Trouble who I would estimate is about a year old dotes over him and plays with him.

clm

rainbow
December 12th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Glad to hear that the little fellow is getting a forever home with your sister. :cloud9:

Now I think that Trouble would like another playmate of his own. :thumbs up

chico2
December 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
clm,I like your mom:grouphug:
No cat or dog should be outside in the cold we had yesterday,much less a kitten.your mom did the right thing:grouphug:

the gang
December 12th, 2009, 05:32 PM
god bless your mom, brenda and the pins

14+kitties
December 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Bless your mom and dad for caring about the kitties in their area. Pass on a big :grouphug: for me please. :cloud9: And thank your sister for adopting him. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
December 12th, 2009, 07:14 PM
You're mom is a wondngerful person for helping this little one. And it's nice that your sister is going to give him a home.

clm
December 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM
sis was disappointed when mom wouldn't let them take the kitten up north this weekend. My sisters better half stays at moms all week as he works down here and then goes home on the weekends. Because of all the storms and the enormous amount of snow they got at my sisters place, mom thought it safer for the kitten if he stay at her place for another week, just in case there was problems on the roads. Yes, Trouble is sure going to miss the little fellow, but like mom says, there is always another stray that'll find it's way to them.

clm

luckypenny
December 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
You've got the coolest parents with the warmest hearts, clm :thumbs up. What fortunate kitties to find their way to your parents' home :goodvibes:.

Frenchy
December 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
clm,I like your mom:grouphug:

me too :)
Because of all the storms and the enormous amount of snow they got at my sisters place, mom thought it safer for the kitten if he stay at her place for another week, just in case there was problems on the roads.

so she sent the son in law on his way but kept the kitten because of the bad roads ? :laughing: too cute :p

clm
December 12th, 2009, 09:57 PM
me too :)

so she sent the son in law on his way but kept the kitten because of the bad roads ? :laughing: too cute :p

yes indeed, that's exactly what she did, ha, ha. I guess she figures he's big enough to take care of himself, but the kitten isn't, ha, ha.

clm