Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bye Angel...

Thumpy
December 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yesterday, her degenerative disc disease seemed to have gotten to her. She was unable to move, and was really weak. She could kick her leg whenever I rubbed her belly, but we still decided to call the vet.

This morning she had not been able to move around in order to get to her bathroom. She still didn't mind eating, but the vet suggested we have her euthanized, due to growing tumors and such problems. He said that in her state of condition, euthanasia is the most reasonable option. She looked very uncomfortable being on the same spot. She was also shaking most of the time. She seemed completely paralyzed.

I have a feeling that it might have been to early for her to go, I was with her when she was going away and I could not let go of her. It's been several hours, and it feels terrible. I miss her so much and I want to see her again. Did I make the wrong decision? Was it too early?

I also need to mention that she was supposed to turn 11 this Christmas. I miss her so much.

She had been such a great member of the family. I love her with all my heart and it hurts so much. Now that I can't see her anymore. I will always remember the good times we've had with her. I'll never forget her. I hope I will get to see her again. R.I.P. Angel.

Magicwildwolf69
December 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
i'm so sorry for the lost of your baby. Its always a hard decision. If she wasn't able to move then i say she was suffering. may your memories bring you comfort during this time.

:candle: angel :sad:

edwina
December 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:rip: little angel :cry:

hazelrunpack
December 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
From you description, it sounds like it was time for her to go, Thumpy. It's just a very hard thing to accept or to wrap your mind around.

You did the right thing. :grouphug:

Until you meet again
:candle: Angel

14+kitties
December 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
:candle::rip: little one :candle:

sullismomma
December 22nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Thumpy,

I just had to put my Sulli to sleep on Saturday 12-19-09 she had a GI infection and was to week to have surgery. I know it was the hardest day of my life so far. The only reason I put her down was to end her suffering. It sounds as though you situation was similar.

I too kicked myself all day Saturday and most of Sunday. If what we did was for the right reasons we musn't beat ourselves up. Remember our furry friends are now at Rainbow Bridge waiting for us and not suffering any more. Our separation is only temporary.

Take care