- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Hero Cat-Saves Woman from CO Poisoning

December 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Cat saves Alberta woman from gas poisoning

By Karyn Mulcahy, Canwest News ServiceDecember 10, 2009 9:40 AMComments (8)

An Alberta woman is crediting her noisy cat for saving her life.

Phyllis Sjogren woke up Monday morning to find her usually quiet cat Gepetto making a racket. After getting up, the Wetaskiwin woman developed a headache and nausea. She called her husband at work, who said that he had been feeling unwell before he left the house.

He then realized that it might be carbon monoxide, and told Sjogren to get outside immediately.

When emergency crews arrived at the home they found the house was 70 per cent full of carbon monoxide, and that Sjogren was in stage two of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The third stage is death. Sjogren and her husband had

been using their fireplace over the weekend, and snow buildup on the roof likely caused the chimney to back up.

December 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Animals are just truly amazing. :lovestruck: