Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

small lump under skin

srm
December 9th, 2009, 02:16 PM
i noticed on my cat he has a small lump, prob about the size of a flatened pea under his skin on his left leg. it does not seem to cause him any discomfort or pain. when i feel it, it's attached to the skin... as in i can pinch his skin and it comes up with it.

is this anything to worry bout?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately, the only person who'll be able to tell you for sure is the vet.

:fingerscr it's just a benign fatty tumor, but best to get it checked out if it doesn't go away after a few days.

srm
December 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
yeah, i have an appointment scheduled for friday already. hate waiting though :yuck:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Waiting is always the hardest thing. :o I hate the wait, too. :grouphug:

I worry less about loose lumps than lumps hanging onto the muscle, though. So with any kind of luck, it'll just turn out to be a fatty lump :goodvibes:

srm
December 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I've been googling a bit, trying to stay away from all the bad things it could be, it seems likely to be a sebaceous cyst. we just had him in for a teeth cleaning & shots 3-4 weeks ago where they did blood tests that all came back normal. i've also read most (bad) tumors are 'stuck' to the body and not free moving as well.

growler~GateKeeper
December 10th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Was your cat vaccinated in that area of the leg? Most vets give the leukemia vaccine in the left leg, it is possible that it is a Vaccine-Associated Fibrosarcoma (either malignant or benign), for this to be checked you will still need a vet visit.

Please be aware there are new vaccine protocols for cats & dogs suggested they be given every 3 years, not every year, if given at all. If your cat is indoor only he may not need another vaccine for life, something to discuss with your vet.

http://www.naturalrearing.com/coda/n_new_vaccination_protocol.html

Let us know how the vet visit goes :goodvibes: