- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

small lump under skin

December 9th, 2009, 03:16 PM
i noticed on my cat he has a small lump, prob about the size of a flatened pea under his skin on his left leg. it does not seem to cause him any discomfort or pain. when i feel it, it's attached to the skin... as in i can pinch his skin and it comes up with it.

is this anything to worry bout?

December 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, the only person who'll be able to tell you for sure is the vet.

:fingerscr it's just a benign fatty tumor, but best to get it checked out if it doesn't go away after a few days.

December 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
yeah, i have an appointment scheduled for friday already. hate waiting though :yuck:

December 9th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Waiting is always the hardest thing. :o I hate the wait, too. :grouphug:

I worry less about loose lumps than lumps hanging onto the muscle, though. So with any kind of luck, it'll just turn out to be a fatty lump :goodvibes:

December 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I've been googling a bit, trying to stay away from all the bad things it could be, it seems likely to be a sebaceous cyst. we just had him in for a teeth cleaning & shots 3-4 weeks ago where they did blood tests that all came back normal. i've also read most (bad) tumors are 'stuck' to the body and not free moving as well.

December 10th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Was your cat vaccinated in that area of the leg? Most vets give the leukemia vaccine in the left leg, it is possible that it is a Vaccine-Associated Fibrosarcoma (either malignant or benign), for this to be checked you will still need a vet visit.

Please be aware there are new vaccine protocols for cats & dogs suggested they be given every 3 years, not every year, if given at all. If your cat is indoor only he may not need another vaccine for life, something to discuss with your vet.

Let us know how the vet visit goes :goodvibes: