Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

snow Snow SNOW!

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
It was a fine day at Hazel Run--
the first major snow of the season!!

Grace helped the Hazel Run Mama shovel a path on the deck.
"Mom! It's amazing!! The snow is almost as deep as I am tall!!!

Grace tore off the deck and ran over to the gate that leads to the Side Yard.
The rest of the Pack was waiting there for her.

"C'mon, guys!! The snow is great!!!!"

There was a mad dash out into the drifts.

"Ooof!! This snow is deep!" grunted Brier.
"Not so bad if you follow Grace's path," chuckled Ember.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
There was a mad dash back to the gate where the snow was slightly shallower.

Ms Macie, however, adventurous soul that she is,
leaped gazelle-like to the bottom of the hill to check for Varmints.

The rest of the Pack, feeling secure that Ms Macie was on duty,
played noisily at the gate.
60453 60454

It's hard to keep up all that shenaniganism in deep snow, though,
and soon the Pack was panting and snorting puffs of steam.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
It grew quiet by the gate. The Hazel Run Pack began to shiver in the cold wind.

"Hmmmm, do you think we could go inside now? Please?"

"Good idea," barked the Princess~Queen and led the way onto the deck.

King Ember and Grace counted heads as they passed.
Soon everyone was accounted for except Ms Macie.
"Where are you, Ms Macie?!?" yapped the King.
"Has she been buried in the snow?!?" whined Grace.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
"Oh, there she is!" barked the King with relief
as Ms Macie came leaping back up the hill.

"I'm happy to report no Varmints were found on patrol, Your Majesty!" Ms Macie panted
as she made one last heroic leap to land in front of the King.

"Good job, Macie!" snorted the King, and Ms Macie ran up to joint the rest of the Pack.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM
"Good enough for me," yowled Grace,
"time to go in!!"
And she bolted past the King so fast his tail feathers ruffled in the wind of her passing.

The End

The preceeding has been brought to you by the Hazel Run Pack.
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:D

Love4himies
December 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Looks like they had a great time playing in the snow, hazel.

Good job, looking out for those vermins, Ms Macie :thumbs up

Marcha
December 9th, 2009, 01:07 PM
That's so cute Madame!
Now where's the pic of the pack all tucked in warmly inside?

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 03:02 PM
madame hazel just happens to have snapped a few pics already! :laughing: What a surprise, eh? :rolleyes: I'm tellin' ya, she seriously needs a shutterbug intervention :o

Grace curled up on the kennel for a little snooze.

Most of the other Pack-members settled in his or her favorite bed...

...and the lucky Princess~Queen managed to get her favorite lap to nap in. :dog:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Looks like they had a great time playing in the snow, hazel.

Good job, looking out for those vermins, Ms Macie :thumbs up
Ms Macie is the orange belton in the middle pic--the one with the neon green collar. For her efforts, she was allowed one of the largest Kuranda beds all to herself :cloud9:

Elizabeth Ann
December 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
You dogs are so beautiful and look so happy.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks, EA. We hope they're happy. Dawg knows they've got us trained well to keep them that way. :laughing:

Elizabeth Ann
December 9th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks, EA. We hope they're happy. Dawg knows they've got us trained well to keep them that way. :laughing:

How do they do that? It takes us so long to train them, but only a few monents in our hearts for them to train us. That just aint right :)

Honestly they are very pretty. I have always like the look of the breed. And to have so many... Good thing they have their own beds or you would need three king size mattress to fit them all with you ;)

shirley1011
December 9th, 2009, 03:57 PM
What a happy group...ours played outside early this morning but soon had to come in when it turned to rain. Always precious to see them react to the first snowall.

BTW. how do you dogs like the kurunda beds..something we have been considering for our group

ancientgirl
December 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
:eek:Holy Moly! I had forgotten how deep snow could get! Yikes!

It looks like they all had such a ball though.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
The Kuranda beds are great!! The dogs love them. They're durable and water-resistent enough so that if someone barfs on one, it doesn't leak through. :o The one time that happened (:eeew:) I just took it outside, leaned it up against the deck rail and hosed it off :thumbs up

We did buy some cheap but soft rectangular dog-beds to floof up the Kurandas, though. The dogs didn't seem to mind them bare, but they looked so hard to us. :o See, EA? Another case of them training us! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 04:03 PM
:eek:Holy Moly! I had forgotten how deep snow could get! Yikes!

It looks like they all had such a ball though.
We had 15 inches on the deck, which is about what? 38 cm? And they did, indeed, have a ball! :dog:

It's the biggest 'first storm of the season' I can remember for a while. :D I've already gotten my new sled run groomed in the backyard! :laughing:

angeldogs
December 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
That's alot of snow and the looked like they had fun and were tired out from it i see.

Love the smile pic of Macie running back from the hill.:lovestruck:

luckypenny
December 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
The dogs here are upset that you guys got more snow than we did :sad:.

:D Great pics Hazel! Snow zoomies and warm cuddlies alike :cloud9:.

Chris21711
December 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
You sure did get whammied Hazel...ours was a smidgeon compared to yours.

The Pack sure looks like they appreciated it, what a blast they had.

rainbow
December 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Glad to see YOU got the snow. :thumbs up

Great action pics ....especially love the ear flapping ones with the smiley faces. :D

And, of course, the whole pack a-snoozin' with Cass on daddy's lap. :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
December 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Awesome snaps Hazel!

I heard WI got hit today but I wasn't aware it was that much! OY!

We're getting hit right now with really high winds 60+mph. Lake effect suppose to arrive around midnight. :yell:

Note to self...set the alarm on cell phone in case power goes out! :lightbulb:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Yep, we did catch a whallop! But it's light and fluffy...don't envy you the lake-effect stuff, klm... I guess Madison got even more snow than we did.

The Pack did enjoy it immensely. Tomorrow, the sled run should be fast (our high is only going to be about 4 F...which is something like -18 C...so that should freeze it up good :thumbs up) only since I have to keep Cole separate, I won't be able to use it till the weekend :frustrated:

Oh, well. Builds the anticipation. :D

aslan
December 9th, 2009, 09:22 PM
i love the snow pics, the last pic of macie she really does look like she's smiling. starting to get fond of them red setters you got.

Dee-O-Gee
December 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
What's up with Cole? Pardon me Hazel. :sad: I feel so out of the loop always trying to play the catch up thing. :sad:

Are you sledding tomorrow or building up anticipation for the weekend? :thumbs up

JanM
December 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
WOW - they sure did have a blast! Is it cold too? The puppies do look very comfy and cozy inside too - it's nice to see such well trained humans :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
It wasn't too cold today, Jan--windy, but still got up to about -5 C. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest day, then slowly heading back up to the single digits below zero C into next week.

Ms Macie is quite the smiler when she's outside in the snow, aslan. She loves to run--and the snow sticks to her fur so she can be all messy when it melts out in the house. :rolleyes: Both those things, running and being messy, make her smile! :laughing:

I did a little sledding today, klm--just to get the track 'groomed', so to speak--but will likely not get to use it again till Saturday. Cole has a stubborn corneal abrasion. He went to the ophalmologist on Monday who cleaned it up, abraded it again (how counter-intuitive is that?! :frustrated:) and sent him home with 2 kinds of ointment and in a bonnet. The eye is looking better already, though, so the doc must know what he's doing! :goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
December 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cole has a stubborn corneal abrasion. He went to the ophalmologist on Monday who cleaned it up, abraded it again (how counter-intuitive is that?! :frustrated:) and sent him home with 2 kinds of ointment and in a bonnet. The eye is looking better already, though, so the doc must know what he's doing! :goodvibes:

How long will the Sheriff be out of commission? Please give him (and of course the rest of the pack) big smoochies from Gryphon, Mollie and klm please! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 09:54 PM
How long will the Sheriff be out of commission? Please give him (and of course the rest of the pack) big smoochies from Gryphon, Mollie and klm please! :lovestruck:
He's in the cone till at least next Wednesday. He has a recheck appt that day.

Consider the smoochies delivered :D The Sheriff is quite appreciative! :dog: He missed all the fun today. :sad:

Dee-O-Gee
December 9th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Well here's a bunch of :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: for the sheriff and happy sledding on Saturday! BTW...pictures sledding would be fun! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I've found out in the past that taking pics while sledding is difficult, if not impossible. 'specially if Lil Belle is sitting in my lap on the way down! :laughing: But if hubby is around, I'll see if I can convince him to act as photographer. :D

Dee-O-Gee
December 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
A little blur won't hurt anything! :laughing: :laughing: I'm sure Lil' Belle can take awesome pictures too! :D

Is your new camera water proof? :pray:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Nope, but the little Kodak is very weather resistant. And hubby isn't intimidated by it, so there's a good chance I can convince him to take some pics with it. He won't touch the Nikon--I think he's afraid of dropping it. :rolleyes:

Chaser
December 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
The Pack looks like they had an awesome time! :lovestruck:

Chase and Kailey say they're incredibly jealous, as so far all they've gotten is rain :sad:

Dee-O-Gee
December 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Water proof is a good thing, especially in snow too!

I'm with your hubby and thinks me wouldn't touch the Nikon either! :thumbs up

We're gonna hold you to the sledding shots now you know! :whistle::whistle:

krdahmer
December 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Yick:yuck: to the white stuff..... awwwww:lovestruck: to the goggies!!!

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Aw, poor Chase and Kailey! The Pack is trying to be sympathetic, but they're tuckered and keep dozing off... :o They're willing to share though--we'll send some snow, we have plenty! :thumbs up

I take it you don't want any, though, kr? :laughing:

And klm, sledding shots are unpredictable...so holding your breath might prove unhealthy... :o :laughing: But we'll see what we can do. :D

14+kitties
December 9th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Brrrrrrrrrr, looking at snow pics and hearing the wind howling around outside right now has me shivering!!!!
Love seeing all the doggers running and playing in the snow. Ms Macie being on mouse duty sure helps put the other's minds at ease. :cloud9:

Magicwildwolf69
December 9th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Oh lord what a lot of snow. We got barely any but gosh it is soooooo cold here. i'm in two long sleeve shirts and still shivering.

hazel your puppiers are so pretty and look like they have lots of fun together. i love all your little stories you write in with your pictures.

man i want to come out and visit buttttt only when its warmer :o:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
December 10th, 2009, 03:05 AM
:lovestruck: Macie! :lovestruck:

Wow you sure gots lots o' snow :cloud9: The Pack had so much fun romping around out there, they'll be at it again tomorrow :dog: :cloud9:

chico2
December 10th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Hazel,amazing pics and your captions read like a storybook,really loved it:thumbs up

It's snowing here right now,better than the rain yesterday for sure,but hopefully we won't get too much:fingerscr

Hope Cole will soon be able to join the fun,maybe he could wear goggles:confused:

hazelrunpack
December 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Ooooo....Cole would look quite debonair in goggles! :cool: I wonder if he'd put up with them :dog: Maybe I'll look into some Doggles for him! Thanks, chico....good idea! :highfive:

omd, it's cold cold cold here today... The dogs were out for about 5 minutes, then headed for the door. Not even Ms Macie wanted to stay out, though she did run a quick patrol of the fences (and was grateful she saw no Villainous Varmints that needed immediate attention).

Unfortunately, I was filling the feeders, so the Pack had to wait for me to finish. Of course, they grumbled the whole time! :laughing:

It's supposed to warm up to the teens and 20s (-7 to about -12 C) in the next few days--that'll feel better on doggie paws. :dog: Today, though, I think we're mainly going to hide inside :D

MWW, July might be a good time! :o :laughing:

Frenchy
December 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM
awww that last pic of Macie running :cloud9: she still looks like a puppy !

And Grace :laughing: Grace the underdog :p she's too darn cute.

I would have paid to be there , when the first snowstorm , to see them get outside :crazy:

hazelrunpack
December 11th, 2009, 11:24 PM
As it happens, we had tickets available, too, Frenchy. :laughing: Still got some if you want a front-row seat for the second snowstorm of the season. :D

Frenchy
December 11th, 2009, 11:30 PM
As it happens, we had tickets available, too, Frenchy. :laughing: Still got some if you want a front-row seat for the second snowstorm of the season. :D

:cloud9: I know I know , you still have a kennel space open for me :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
It's heated :thumbs up

Smiley14
December 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Oh, Hazel, wow, you guys got a lot more snow than we did! The pack looks so excited! So cute! :flirt: Mine have been big wimps in these freezing temps, but today were out and playing for much of the afternoon. :) I love pics of dogs playing in snow! :)

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Ours were pretty wimpy, too--they would go out...but only for about 5 minutes at a crack! :laughing: Today was positively balmy, though, so today they got some quality outdoor time. :D