Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

These Animals Need Our Help!!!!

Princesss04
August 25th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I got an Email from a girl and she wanted me to look at the Iams website. As I was doing an search on animal testing I found that Iams does. I have the address and fax numbers to some of the people high up in the company. I NEED you all to send Emails to them and tell them what you think.

Jeffrey P. Ansell, President
customer.service@iams.com
1-800-675-3849

Bill Miller, Director of Sales
1-800-658-5657 (press 5 for the name directory)
fax- 1-905-565-4711

A.G. Lafley, CEO
1-800-525-4267

I will get some more when I find them. These POOR ANIMALS NEED YOU!!!!!
Please Email write or call them.

Here is what I sent...

Dear Jeffrey P. Ansell, President

I just wanted to let you know that I bought Iams products at one time. From food to treats to toys. But, I WILL NOT buy anymore Iams products for my animal companions until you STOP experiments on animals and instead rely on laboratory analysis of formulas for nutritional composition and studies who have been volunteered by their human companions. I could not believe some of the things that I saw and read. I have an idea let us lock you in a cage and never let you out and when someone does come to the door you hid in the very back because you are so afraid that you will be mistreated and have test run on you. The Bible says that you reap what you sow!!!!

SO GET READY BUDDY!! YOU ARE FOUND GUILITY!!!!!

Thank you for your time.
Amanda

Come on guys I need your help one E-mail will not make the difference but maybe alot of them will. Please you are the only hope these animals have. :(

Here is the website she sent me www.iamscruelty.com

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Maybe my email will. :D I hope it will insult the little rat. :D

goldenblaze
August 25th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Sent mine too, hope it helps I can't stand to see photo's like that:mad: as my dogs are so free to run and play and climb in bed when they need mommy or just feel like it having a good sleep.

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Im all over it! I have more than a few rotten things to say to them...

sharte1978
August 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Procter & Gamble Blood on your hands? Change your brands!
JOIN THE GLOBAL P&G BOYCOTT
P&G, one of the world's largest consumer product companies, have been branded the "world's worst" corporation for their continued poisoning and killing of animals in the development of new cosmetics and toiletries not to mention Iams is a division of P&G.

PROCTER & GAMBLE TEST ON ANIMALS
I am fully behind Uncaged's campaign to boycott Proctor and Gamble products. It is high time that this company be shamed into dropping the cruel practice of testing new chemicals on animals.

I have long campaigned against the barbarity of vivisection - whether this be for cosmetics or for medical reasons, animal testing is obsolete and ineffective. Multinational companies like this are clearly no respecters of democracy or government - so let's show them the power of grassroots opposition by refusing to buy their products.

Many of our household products are from P&G so it goes much deeper than Iams but letting them know how we fell is a fantastic idea.

Princesss04
August 25th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Thank you all you can post your Emails here so that maybe it will encourage more people to write them. Thank you for doing your part. :(

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I just read about it on www.iamscruelty.com and now I'm really mad. I did send the email before I read it, but I did know about the cruelty that goes on before, just to clarify things.

Princesss04
August 25th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Guys when you write or call them let us know that will encourage the others on here to do the same. We need all the help we can get. And let us know if any of them send you something back!

Luba
August 25th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Sad but true, they've been doing it for years.

Princesss04
August 25th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Yeah I did not PM you but will you send a Email. I knew that you would read this sooner or later and I wanted to make sure that everyone read it that is why I PM them. Thank you for your help Luba. I know this has been going on for years but that does not mean it needs to continue lets STOP it!! :mad:

Luba
August 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I agree
there has been countless numbers of animal rights activists trying to stop companies like proctor and gamble.

If you do a search, you'll find I posted about P&G and their doings a long time ago...with a list of all their products to avoid buying :D

The way to really get them is in the pocket book

If any of you right P&G tell them the products that you 've been using
LIST THEM and tell them you will be buying from another company that does not test on animals.

I'll look for the list and post it for yu :D

Luba
August 25th, 2004, 04:03 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4793&highlight=proctor+gamble

Product list

http://www.pg.com/products/pg_products.jhtml

Princesss04
August 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks Luba you are a big help. I want this stopped and I want to be a part of getting it stopped!!!! Everyone's vocie helps and get them in the pocket book as well, so stop buying and let them know you are stopping as well

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM
But what is it going to matter if they don't want to listen? We need to do something about it. But what can we do?? :confused:

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM
OK, that is it. HELP! What can we do to stop them even faster? :mad:

Princesss04
August 25th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I wish I knew! They only thing I know to do is to stop buying all those products write letters, call, fax, and email. I will get on line and talk to the shelter that I live close to and see if there is anything more. If you go to the website I posted there are posters and flyers pass them out get the word out and spread it around. Figure if we all concvence one person a day and they concenvence one person and it keeps going than they stop buying we are off to a good start. I will let you know what I find out. But for now write and call pass out flyers and most of all STOP BUYING THESE THINGS!!!! :mad:

Luba
August 25th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Stop buying their stuff and tell your friends and family too :D
Like I said in the money is where it hurts them and let them know it!! ;)

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I never buy their stuff. It really is gross what they put in the food and other things. :mad:

Luba
August 25th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Companion Animal Care

Eukanuba

IAMS (see IAMSKills.com for more details)

Cosmetics

Cover Girl

Max Factor

Oil of Olay

Deodorants

Old Spice

Secret

Sure

Diapers and Baby Care

Luvs

Pampers

Food and Beverage

Folgers

Millstone Coffee

Pringles

Sunny Delight

Torengos

Fragrances

Giorgio of Beverly Hills

Helmut Lang

Herve Leger

Hugo Boss

Old Spice

Hair Care

A Touch of Sun

Aussie

Balsam Color

Clairol

Head & Shoulders

Herbal Essences

Hydrience

Infusium 23

Lasting Color

Loving Care

Men's Choice

Natural Instincts

Nice 'n Easy

Pantene

Pert Plus

Physique

Ultress

Vidal Sassoon

Laundry and Cleaning

Bounce

Cascade

Cheer

Dawn

Downy

Dreft

Dryel

Era

Febreze

Gain

Ivory

Ivory Snow

Joy

Mr. Clean

Swiffer

Tide

Non-Prescription Drugs/Health Aids

DayQuil

Metamucil

NyQuil

Pepto-Bismol

PUR water filtration system

Sinex

Thermacare

Vicks

Oral Care

Crest

Fixodent

Gleem

Scope

Whitestrips

Paper Products

Bounty

Charmin

Puffs

Skin Care

Clearstick

Cover Girl

Max Factor

Noxzema

Ohm

Olay

Soap

Camay

Ivory

Safeguard

Zest

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM
:eek: :eek: And there is lots of it too! We still don't buy any of that. We use organic products.

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I knew I could think of something great! :p Put up posters around explaining what these companies are doing and what not to buy so we don't support them! Together we can do it!

heeler's rock!
August 25th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Hey everyone. Here is the e-mail I just sent Mr. Ansell....

Dear Mr. Jeffery Ansell,

I have faithfully bought Iams and Eukanuba products since I got my first dog 3 years ago. I buy treats, food, toys, etc., on the fact that Iams has always seemed to hold a great deal of integrity. When you watch Iams commercials, you see dogs and cats playing and running free. They appear healthy, happy, and most of all, loved. Does Iams find this amusing? It seems like one big joke to your company! How can you promote one thing in you ads, and do another behind closed doors?? To hold these dogs and cats in laboratories unnecessarily is completely disgusting!!!! Do your employees get a kick out of tormenting and mistreating animals? How can a company so well known among animal lovers, be so cruel to the very animals they are trying to "help"?

If Iams were a clothing company, I could maybe understand your stupidity, but to be a company based on animal nutrition and HEALTH, you should ashamed of your business practices.

Just to let you know, I am no longer feeding my dogs Iams or any other Iams related products. I will also not support the stores that sell Iams products including Petland, Petsmart, and Petcetera here in Calgary. I will be sending them all letters describing my disgust with Iams and how I will no longer be a consumer of theirs in hopes that it will get them to stop selling Iams products. Also, as a very successful dog walker and boarder in Calgary, I will let my clients know my protest against Iams in hopes that they will join me in my fight. All of my family and friends will also no longer be supporting Iams, or any companies associated with Iams.

I hope that you can sleep at night knowing the wrong that you are doing. These dogs and cats in your labs were not born to be science experiments, especially in this day and age where these tests are completely unnecessary! If you have a dog at home, look into his eyes and tell me that at the end of the day you are not grateful for him. Just know that if you were to conduct these tests on him and lock him in a cage everyday, he would still wag his tail eagerly and try his best to get out to give you kisses as a dogs loyalty to his owners has no boundaries. His love for you is unconditional. I honestly pray for your soul.....

Pami Atwal

Calgary Alberta.

glasslass
August 25th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Thank you Princess and Luba for doing all the work assembling addresses and lists of products. You make it so easy for the rest of us.

Princesss04
August 26th, 2004, 10:04 AM
That was a good Email. We NEED more people like that to send Emails and letters. Comeon lets jump in there and do all we can to stop it. STOP BUYING AND KEEP SENDING! Tell all your friends and warn everyone THIS HAS TO STOP. :mad:

jenjen
August 27th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I sent tthis email.. After reading only the first few lines, I couldn't type the eamil fast enough to keep up with my thoughts.

jenjen
August 27th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Dear Animal killers (Jeffrey P. Ansell)

I just recently fell upon some information that indicates what your company is really about. To be honest I only read the first few lines for fear that the rest of the article would make me crazy with anger. The pictures of the happy animals that you put on your products is nothing but lies. If someone were to take you aside and do to you the things that you allow to be done to these animals, I'm sure you would gain a different perspective on things, only because you would realize how vicious these acts really are. I will inform every person I meet that IAMS agrees with animal testing and that they do not care at all about the health and well being of animals. I will not support Iams but will instead contribute to there downfall. Everyone in the world should know what Iams is all about. I would love nothing more than to put you in a teeny tiny cage, feed you when I see fit, Remove your voice because your opinions do not matter, remove valuable muscle because hey your a worthless creature. I would love to look into your sad little eyes that are begging for some compassion and human love and give you nothing but pain and anguish. And I would love the fact of knowing that I made your life as miserable as the lives that the animals in your care. But you want to know why none of this has happened to you ( there are alot of people out there that would like to ) because most of the humans that walk this earth have been tought love and understanding. Compassion and warmth. Care and respect. But I guess your mother forgot to teach you these few but important things.
Remember this: The animals in your care simply want love and attention that they so deserve. An animal would never keep score. Thats what people do.
And Mr. Jeffrey P. Ansell.........I'm keeping score!
Thanks for listening
Jennifer

Princesss04
August 27th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Good letter Jennifer. Thank you for your help on spreading the word. TELL EVERYONE!

shihtzulover
August 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I also sent an e-mail, although they have probably changed their e-mail address by now. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

Princesss04
August 27th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Thank you I hope they have not changed there address if so I will get the new one and we can start all over hehehehehehe! :D They have to know that there are alot of people that will drop their support of their product because of their action. When they start to lose money maybe they will change their mind. :( Thank you all so much for your help!

carey
August 27th, 2004, 01:32 PM
The Ottawa Humane Society continues to be sponsored by Eukanuba (their big fundraiser Wiggle Waggle Walkathon is coming up in a couple of weeks).
I have today fired off a letter strongly opposing this sponsorship. I will let you know what response (if any) I receive.
I understand PETA reps demonstrated recently in front of an Ottawa Loblaws and I have notified all my "animal" people (and others) about the Iams Cruelty. Emails are a wonderful way to spread the word.

Princesss04
August 27th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yes, that is a good idea. I made up an Email and added the Iams cruelty website and started sending it all over the place. And telling them to forward it. Have you all seen those Emails that for everytime you forward it and someone else forwards it and so on and so on that Microsoft or some big company will give a few cents to some other company. I wonder if we could make a website contact someone and do that and have it put to trying to get this stopped (given to some orgainzation) what do you think of that. Do like an Iams cruelty website Email? Thank you for sending and Email and doing your part pass on the word to all your friends have them write and Email.

Spoiled
August 28th, 2004, 08:56 AM
He still hasn't emailed me back. I'm going to do the email thingy to all the people I know. Together we can stop him! :p

Cactus Flower
August 29th, 2004, 01:00 AM
For those of you who haven't seen it, watch the hidden camera video:
http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-video.asp

Ok folks, I have a confession to make. Just this afternoon I was having a conversation about this thread. I was saying that given all of the products that Proctor and Gamble sells, refusing to buy their dog food would not likely bring this company to its knees. I was of the opinion that little ole me in podunk New Mexico is not going to affect such a huge corporation buy not buying their products. I said that if I knew that it WOULD make a difference, if this boycott would be effective, I would join in. But a boycott isn't a boycott unless everyone participates. And that's not likely to happen. Most of us have Proctor and Gamble products in our home (thank you Luba for the list-it was a real eye-opener), without even knowing what we are contributing to.
Bear with me, and please don't think less of me for this. I am being honest here, knowing I will likely be attacked for it.
Well I just took a look at the video and now I'm feeling very affected. I can put words on this screen like everyone else, I can describe the dogs with strips of flesh cut from their legs, crammed together in a room- but it will NEVER have the effect that seeing it for yourself will. I must urge anyone who has not SEEN it, even if you think you are ambivalent about the issue- PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO.
Those of you who are sending out emails to friends and family, please put a link to that video in your email. Nothing you say will be as effective as them watching it. I am living proof of that.
I can now say that I will be using a more discretionary eye when shopping, although I still wonder what good it will really do. But I can tell you this: when I am done with this post, Proctor and Gamble is going to get one heck of an email from me. Even if it's just to make ME feel better.

Spoiled
August 29th, 2004, 07:02 PM
OK, this makes me so mad. I sent them an email saying exactly what I thought of them. Then I noticed that there are many other products now available by them. I emailed with my other address and sweetly asked for a list with all products on it. :D ;) I'll post it here for you when I get it.

Spoiled
August 29th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Alright, here it is:

Ace® High quality bleach offering superior whiteness and superior fabric safety Europe, Middle East, Africa

Action 500

Asia
Adam

Europe, Middle East, Africa
Alfa

Alldays® Thin, lightweight panti-liners that provide protection from discharge, spotting and staining, and designed for everyday wear

North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa
Always® Sanitary pads with excellent absorbency and protection

North America Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa

Ammens® Latin America

Ariel Detergent with excellent cleaning performance, tough stain removal and superior whiteness

Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa
Ascend Hair Care System to return the natural black to your hair

Middle East, Asia
Attends Incontinence products that provide secure comfort

Attento

Asia
Aussie® Line of specialized haircare and styling products designed for individual hair types with select Australian ingredients

Ayudin

Latin America
Az Family of toothpastes for tartar and cavity prevention Europe, Middle East, Africa
Azurit

Babysan

Latin America
Balsam® Most affordable brand of permanent haircolor with a revitalizing, plant-based conditioning formula that delivers healthy-looking color with 100% gray coverage

North America

Bess® Strong, thick and soft bathroom tissue

Blend a Dent Full line of oral care products ranging from prevention to care of dentures

Blend a Med® Family of toothpastes and toothbrushes for white, healthy teeth, and fresh breath

Blendax® Family of toothpastes for tartar and cavity prevention

Bold® Powder detergent with fabric softening and pill/fuzz removal

North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa

Bonus

Asia
Bonux Detergent with great cleaning and freshness at an excellent value for money

Boss®-Hugo Boss The essence of Boss, Hugo Boss Fashion: success, confidence & authenticity

North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia

Bounce® Dryer sheets that soften clothes, control static and help keep colors true

North America, Latin America, Asia
Bounty® Highly absorbent paper towel

North America, Latin America

Buffette® Latin America

Camay® An "all over" beauty bar soap

Cascade® Automatic dishwashing detergent line that delivers tough food cleaning and shine

Certina Incontinence products that provide secure comfort

Charmin® Strong, thick and soft bathroom tissue

Cheer® Detergent that protects against fading, color transfer and fabric wear

Cheff®

Latin America
Cierto® Traditional brand of dishwashing soap

Latin America
Circ

Codi

Asia

Cover Girl® Full line of beauty products for face, lips, eyes and nails for a clean, fresh and natural beauty look.

Crest® Family of toothpastes and toothbrushes for tartar and cavity prevention

Cristal®

Latin America
Cutie

Asia

Daily Defense®

Latin America

Daisy

Dash Detergent with excellent cleaning performance, tough stain removal and superior whiteness

Dash 2in1 2-in-1 detergent/fabric softener

Dawn® Dishwashing liquid with tough grease cutting power

Daz Daz with Dyelock PLUS, a unique detergent which is specially designed to give you brilliant whites by helping to keep colours locked in tight, preventing them from running

Doll

Asia
Don Maximo

Latin America

Downy® Advanced fabric softener that keeps clothes feeling soft and smelling fresh

Dreft® Detergent that removes tough baby stains and protects garment colors

Dryel® Innovative product to care for "dry clean only" clothes at home using a home dryer

Duplex

Latin America
Ela® Sanitary pads with extra softness protection

Latin America
Ellen Betrix®

Era® Detergent that pre-treats and washes fabrics with proprietary technology that suspends soils

Escudo® Antibacterial soap designed to provide excellent germ protection for the whole family.

Latin America
Eukanuba® Complete line of super-premium dog and cat foods available at pet specialty retailers. Eukanuba Veterinary Diets is a line of therapeutic formulas available only from veterinarians.

North America, Europe
Ezee

Asia
Fairy® Dishwashing products that deliver tough cleaning and detergent that removes tough baby stains

Febreze® Fabric spray and laundry aid with unique odor eliminating technology to clean away odors from household fabrics

Finess

Latin America
Finish®

Latin America
Fixodent® Denture adhesive and denture cleaning system

North America
Folgers® Mountain Grown and rich flavored whole bean, ground and instant coffees

Frost & Tip® Natural looking dramatic blonde highlights to give your hair dimension and depth

Gain® Detergent with exceptional cleaning and whitening

North America
Giorgio® Fragrances that make you feel part of the exciting, glamorous world of Beverly Hills

Gleem® Effective tooth cleaning and cavity-fighting dentifrice

North America
Hairpainting® Brush-on, conditioning highlights that come in three shades—Subtle Blonde, Golden Crème, and Auburn Creme

Head & Shoulders® Shampoo designed to prevent recurrence of flaking/itching associated with dandruff

Helmut Lang Skin fragrances They work on skin. On your own skin. Only there.

Herbal Essences® Line of beauty care products (shampoos, conditioners, styling aids and body wash) made with all natural, fragrant botanicals and organic herbs in pure mountain spring water that transforms ordinary beauty rituals into uniquely pleasurable experiences.

North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Asia

Herbal Essences Color Premium, permanent haircolor with Pure Color extracts that gives you a color experience so intense, it's exhilarating

Herve Leger

Hipoglos Lotion to protect babies skin from diaper rash

Latin America
Hugo-Hugo Boss® Fragrances for those who lead life on their own terms with a certain irreverence

Hydrience® Permanent haircolor that provides radiant, shining color that absolutely covers gray

Iams® Complete line of premium dog & cat foods available everywhere.

North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America

Inextra

Infasil® Line of extra mild soaps for infants and sensitive skin

Infusium® Scientifically-advanced line of therapeutic, premium haircare products to correct, restore and structurize hair, leaving it noticeably healthy and manageable

Inner Science New hair care range which provides a unique 3-step regime to restore youthful vitality to hair

North America, Asia
Ipana

Ivory® Line of soaps (detergent, dishwashing liquid and body soap) which offer mild cleansing

Jar

Joy® Dishwashing liquid with great scent and biodegradable surfactants

Ladysan

Latin America
Lanxiang

Asia
Lasting Color® Semi-permanent haircolor brand that gently covers gray without changing the natural color of hair because it contains no ammonia and lasts up to 6 weeks

Laura Biogiotti®

Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia
Lavasan

Latin America
Lenor Fabric conditioner that provides a superior level of softness, long lasting freshness, eases ironing and reduces static

Limay

Latin America
Lines Sanitary pads with excellent absorbency and protection

Linidor Incontinence products that provide secure comfort

Lirio

Latin America
Loving Care® Semi-permanent haircolor that gently blends away gray without changing the natural color of hair because it contains no ammonia or peroxide and does not leave roots

Lunch®

Latin America
Luvs®
High quality diaper with Leakguard Guarantee and wipes which are gentle on baby's skin
Maestro Limpio® Multi-purpose cleaner that deodorizes and disinfects

Latin America
Magia Blanca

Latin America
Magistral® Ultra version dishwashing soap

Latin America
Max Factor® Full line of beauty products for face, lips, eyes and nails for women who want to look like a star

Men's Choice® No ammonia, alcohol-free haircolor that's easy to use in 5 minutes

Metamucil® Natural, bulk-producing fiber therapy laxative

Millstone® 100% premium arabica bean coffees with over 65 varieties

North America
Miss Clairol® Permanent haircolor that covers gray completely

Moher

Motif

Latin America

Mr. Clean® Multi-purpose cleaner that deodorizes and disinfects

North America, Asia
Mr. Proper Multi-purpose cleaner that deodorizes and disinfects

Mum

Latin America

Muse

Asia
Myth Powder detergent which provides unique freshness and cleanliness

Natural Instincts® The only non-permanent haircolor that enhances natural color (boosts natural color or blends away gray) with a botanical color formula, enriched with 100% pure aloe, chamomile, and ginseng

Naturella

Latin America

Natural Instincts for Men Haircolor that blends away gray in 10 minutes and lasts up to 6 weeks

North America

Nice 'n Easy® Permanent haircolor that delivers the most beautiful, natural color effortlessly

Noxzema® Line of skin care products for clean, healthy, natural-looking skin

Nuances® Soft, natural highlighting with conditioning formula blended with sunflower, almond, apricot oils and aloe vera

NyQuil® Nighttime relief for temporary relief of cold/flu symptoms

Odontine

Latin America
Olay® Line of skin care and cleansing products that provide multiple benefits designed for women of all ages

Old Spice® Line of shaving and fragrance products for men

Pampers® Outstanding disposable diapers, wet wipes and bibs for babies and toddlers

Pampy

Latin America

Panda

Asia
Pantene® Shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays and styling aids with Pro-Vitamin enriched formulas for healthy looking, beautiful hair

Pepto-Bismol® Antacidum with protective coating action that relieves most common stomach discomforts

Perla

Asia
Pert Plus® 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, individual shampoos and conditioners for your desired look

Physique® Cutting edge technology and breakthrough formulas in shampoo, conditioners and styling products

North America
Pop Fresh smelling multipurpose cleaner for clothes and household surfaces

Latin America
Prescription Drugs Some of P&G's leading prescription products.

North America, Europe

Prilosec OTC Prilosec OTC is an over-the-counter medication used to treat frequent heartburn. It stops stomach acid at the source and works for up to 24 hours.

North America

Pringles® Fun snack available in a variety of flavors and sizes.

Puffs® Soft and strong 2-ply facial tissues

Punica Refreshing fruit beverages enhanced with vitamins and minerals

PUR® Water filtration systems, including pitchers and faucet mounts

North America
Regulan®

Rejoy/Rejoice 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, individual shampoos and conditioners for your desired look

Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia
Rindex Detergent that gives better cleaning results at less cost

Latin America
Romtensid

Latin America
Safe and Free

Asia
Safeguard® Antibacterial soap designed to provide excellent germ protection for the whole family

Salvo Dishwashing liquid with tough grease cutting power

Latin America
Scope® Mouthwash that kills millions of bad breath germs, leaving mouth feeling clean and refreshed

Secret® Antiperspirant made especially for women, Secret provides strong yet gentle dryness protection

Seiva de
Alfazema Fragrance for women

Latin America

Senior Cologne for men

Latin America
Sinex® Nasal spray that provides fast, temporary relief of sinus/nasal congestion with soothing Vicks vapors

Siren

Latin America
SK-II

Asia
Sunny Delight® Refreshing fruit beverages helps kids stay strong with Calcium and/or vitamins A, B1 and C

North America, Latin America, Europe

Supremo

Latin America
Sure® Antiperspirant that provides effective odor and wetness protection

Swiffer® Sweeper system to capture dirt, dust and hair, and battery powered cleaning appliance to wash floors without a mop & bucket.

Tampax® Flushable, biodegradable tampon made entirely of cotton and rayon with various absorbencies to match flow

Tempo®

Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia

Tess

Latin America
Textures & Tones® Line of haircolor, relaxers and haircare designed especially for Women of Color

Thermacare® Therapeutic, air-activated, wearable heat wraps

North America
Tide® Laundry detergent that provides superior cleaning

Tix

A Touch of Sun® Spray-on subtle highlights available in three shades—Super, Super with Lemon and Ultra with Tropical Extracts

North America

Tras®

Latin America
Trilo

Asia
Torengos® Tortilla chip with a unique "bowl" shape for serious dipping.

North America
Ultress® Premium, permanent haircolor that delivers the most vibrant, head-turning color imaginable

Unijab ya

Latin America
Vencedor®

Latin America
Vicks® Line of temporary cold symptom relief products and throat drops

Vidal Sassoon® Hair washes, therapies, stylers and specialty products from top stylists and leading scientists

Vitalis

Latin America

Vitapyrena

Latin America
Vizir Laundry detergent that provides superior cleaning

Wash & Go® Laundry detergent that provides superior cleaning

Whisper® Sanitary pads with excellent absorbency and protection

Asia
XtremeFX® Dramatic effects haircolor that gives you the freedom to express your individuality because it provides the tools to create any effect imaginable

Yes® Dishwashing liquid with tough grease cutting power

Latin America
Zest® Deodorant soap that provides rich, deodorant lather and rinses clean

badger
August 29th, 2004, 07:17 PM
XtremeFX® Dramatic effects haircolor that gives you the freedom to express your individuality because it provides the tools to create any effect imaginable

Yeah, well this is how I'm going to express MY individuality, buddy boy. I'm going cold turkey on ALL these products.

Thanks, Spoiled.

Spoiled
August 29th, 2004, 08:05 PM
:D Me to. I'm also sending emails out to all the people I know that tell them not to use these products and what they are supporting if they do. I'm also going to tell them to forward the email. If we all do it, we'll have thousands of people who know about it - enough to make an impact on this company. :)

Murph's Mom
August 31st, 2004, 09:50 PM
I read this on another pet board and I find it frustrating!!! :(

posted 08-22-2004 11:15 AM
Just an fyi. I do know peta is considered extremist to a lot of people but I think its a story worth reading. I have never fed iams.
iams dog food
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted 08-22-2004 11:25 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been going around for years now. It's a bunch of animal rights propaganda. I don't feed Iam's either, but not because of garbage that PETA spews. If Iam's is to feel financial repercussions, let it be because their food is crappy, not because of a bunch of PETA propanda.

Oh, and remember, Proctor and Gamble---they are really a Satanic corporation---don't they have a Satanic symbol as their logo or something like that?

Did she really say "PETA propaganda??? :mad:

Princesss04
September 2nd, 2004, 01:02 PM
Well, when I wrote the President of Iams I did not think I would get a response but they did write me back and here is the CRAP that it said..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dear Amanda:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about our nutritional feeding
studies. Please know that even though Jeff is not personally answering your
message, he is aware of it.

You've received some incorrect and outdated information. An extreme activist
organization continues a misleading campaign featuring footage that's more
than a year old of a facility we no longer use. This inaccurate account
includes examples of dogs and cats that were not part of our studies, and
makes claims of activities that we never authorized.

We want to be perfectly clear: Iams will not fund or participate in any
study requiring or resulting in the euthanasia of cats or dogs. This
principle is just one of eight points in our strict research policy that is
approved by an independent Animal Care Advisory Board. The members of our
Advisory Board are from respected animal welfare organizations such as the
ASPCA and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). We chose these
individuals because they share our interest in reducing, refining, and
replacing animals in research.

In addition, the Advisory Board conducts unannounced visits to review the
care and welfare of the dogs and cats participating in our feeding studies
at our internal and external sites.

To see a summary of recent facility reports, to view video footage of
animals in our care, or to review our research policy please visit our web
site at www.iamstruth.com.

You can also see a facility report by utilizing the following URL:
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iamsresearch

Other important information we'd like to share:

We support the ultimate elimination of laboratory feeding studies as
scientifically valid alternatives become available. Iams is actively working
with external partners to develop new research methods in pet nutrition
which do not require laboratory feeding studies.

We are taking full responsibility for the destiny of all dogs and cats that
participate in our feeding studies at both internal and external sites. Our
dogs and cats are either adopted into loving homes or placed in the Iams
retirement center when they no longer participate in our feeding studies.
This is unprecedented in the pet arena; we know of no other company that is
taking this level of responsibility for the ongoing well-being of all dogs
and cats with whom they work.

We are proactively sharing the Iams Welfare Program for dogs and cats in an
effort to make it the norm. An Iams Behaviorist has shared our socialization
and enrichment program with shelters, veterinarians and others to illustrate
that it's possible to enrich and socialize in such an environment. In
addition, we recently presented our program to others in the pet food
industry. We are committed to continual improvement in this area and are
looking to adopt best practices in animal care and nutritional research
wherever they are created. We will continue to actively search and reapply
good ideas from around the world.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and for giving us the
opportunity to respond with the facts. If you need further information or
have specific questions, please visit the Web site or contact Consumer Care
at 800-525-4267. One of our advisors will be more than happy to speak with
you about this very important issue.

Sincerely,
Sharon
Iams Consumer Care, North America

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 3:52 PM
To: customer.service@iams.com
Subject: DOG FOOD!!!

Comment:
Dear Jeffrey P. Ansell, President
I just wanted to let you know that I bought your products all the time. From
food to treat to toy, etc. But, I WILL NOT buy anymore Iams products for my
animals companions until you STOP experiments on animals and, instead, rely
on laboratory analysis of formulas for nutritional composition and studies
who have been volunteered by their human companions. I could not believe
some of the things that I read that you all do to those poor animals. Let us
lock you in a cage and leave you there all your life and when someone comes
to finally get you out you hid in the very back of the cage because you are
tried of being pooked and tested on. The Bible says that you reap what you
sow.
SO GET READY BUDDY!!! YOU ARE FOUND GUILITY!!!!!

Thank you for your time,
Amanda

sammiec
September 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Whooo Whooo! These people do care *SARCASIM* They care enough to send the identical reposnse to everyone that writes them!!! See this (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6948)

jenjen
September 4th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Hey Princesss

I got the same email. CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP

Cflat
September 4th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread but please also know that Menu Foods conducts similar testing. Menu foods makes 95% of the private label (house brand) canned pet food in Canada. I know that Presidents Choice is one large customer. (I am formerly a buyer for an Ontario Pet Food franchise).

http://www.ownlabel.com/menufoods2_page/menufoods2.htm

Sheriffmom
September 4th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I just sent Iams a letter. I simply stated that as a "Doggie Mom" who loves my dog, why would I choose a company that obviously has no regard for the life of dogs?? That I would not be buying anything associated with IAMS and P+G until they decide to treat their animals with care and respect, not debarking, invasive procedures, cages. They are a company whos livelyhood depends on people loving their animal. ANd if they couldn't show respect for those of us who's dollar they depend on, then they'd never get another cent out of me!!