Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newbie to Pets.ca and seriously considering RAW

WinstonsDad
December 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM
With that said, I thought I would start here with a hello to everyone. :)

As with many other posters, I spent hours reviewing these RAW threads and have learned quite a bit in a short period of time. Thanks to all of you who share your knowledge with us.

I don't have any legitimate questions as of yet that can't be searched, I am however copying and pasting all helpful info onto a word doc., which I will try to make sense of later.

Actually one question? Damn, I lied to you already lol

- With the initial week or two transition, I gather there is no immediate concern for the Omegas? Just chicken at 80-10-10 ?!

Cheers,
Chris

Macomom
December 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I would agree with that, though my dogs like the oil so much that it is an enticement to food. It may work the same way for you...

WinstonsDad
December 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't ruled out salmon oil just yet but...I was thinking in terms of the time it will take until I can get him onto fish.
Are you thinking I should simply add some oil onto his chicken right from the get-go?

Macomom
December 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Yes. I take one big bowl and just put all my RAW ingredients into it. So for instance, I will take two turkey necks and put it in with a cracked egg (shell included), 2 tbsps of oil, some acidepholus and maybe some yogurt or a fruit and veg if I have it.
I combine this with a supplement which includes some vitamin E and away you go..
The oil will entice my picky eater to pick up the meat on bone and begin to eat. I find it helps them get in the swing of things. For my second meal, I will feed them a ground meat with the offal.

Macomom
December 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Sorry I realized my post was confusing. To be clear- it will not be the end of the world to wait on the oil, if for some reason it poses a challenge- cannot find it, forgot to buy it etc.
I find the oil so simple to add and an enticement, that if you are just worried about change, I would say, don't stress. My dogs have loved every omega oil I have tried, including a hemp derived one :)

WinstonsDad
December 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks Macomom,

Another thing to consider but nice to hear positive results, such as yours.

Cheers