Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here I go again...

Shaykeija
December 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Get a call at work a couple of days ago. Can you find a home for a Shih Tzu? Ok, what's the story? Dad going into nursing home, no one wants him. 3 years old, neutered and has UTD needles. Sent a preapproved adopter over to their house, because Dad wanted to meet them. They went home with a cute black and white baby named Pepper. They said it was so sad, his daughters were sobbing, and the old gent was crying. He was giving away his baby because he could no longer look after him. I made arrangements before hand for the new parents to take Pepper to see his Dad on a regular schedual. I think this will help the old guy a lot. And no, I have no pictures yet..LOL Will post them as soon as the new parents send them to me. So, my heart is heavy tonight for the old guy. His story...His wife had Alzhimers and the only thing she connected with was a black and white shih tzu. He lost his wife lastyear and now he is dying. :sad: This little dog has already touched many hearts.

Frenchy
December 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
that sucks when people must rehome their pets because of health problems :sad: I know what you mean , I've been there 2-3 times and my heart broke for those people. To hear silence on the other end of the phone when you tell them their pets have been rehome .... :sad:

14+kitties
December 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM
That's sad that he is going into the nursing home to die. But it's great if the new adopters are willing to take the dog in to see him regularily. That will mean the world to him. :cloud9:
Thank you for being such an :angel: to all these pups you help. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
December 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
It was so kind of you to make the arrangements for visits, Shaykeija. :grouphug: It makes my heart ache to hear of people and their pets in that situation. I know if it were me, it would break my heart.

:goodvibes: and heart's ease for all involved.

rainbow
December 4th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Such a sad story. :sad:

It sounds like you found Pepper a wonderful home though and so glad that you arranged to have the new family take Pepper to visit the old fellow. :thumbs up It should help a little to ease his sadness. :grouphug: