Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

weird question !

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
ok so Sienna and Jack are both compulsive kissers ..... they will always aim for my mouth and lick lick lick ..... I can't even play with them on the floor without getting a full facial (and Jack's thinks he also has to clean my nostrils from time to time :yuck:)

I was thinking maybe dogs that were taking off their mom too young would do that ? :confused: I try to find a logic explanation .... maybe there's none :p

when I play with Sienna , I always end up looking like a raccoon if I'm wearing mascara !!

aslan
December 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
interesting but i don't think it has to do with being taken away from mom..Q was 12 weeks when we picked him up and if grace gets down on the floor he will slobber on her to the point of licking her hair gel off. Seems more along the lines of a puppy playing with an adult.

Love4himies
December 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
when I play with Sienna , I always end up looking like a raccoon if I'm wearing mascara !!

Hmmmmmm, maybe posting a pic of this will help me come up with an answer :D :laughing:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hmmmmmm, maybe posting a pic of this will help me come up with an answer :D :laughing:

no way ! :laughing:

Love4himies
December 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
no way ! :laughing:

Then how will we know exactly how much licking is happening :confused:? :laughing::dog:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Then how will we know exactly how much licking is happening :confused:? :laughing::dog:

I can send you some drool :lightbulb:

the gang
December 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
its called a bath not kisses lol i get all the time from the pins lol, brenda and the pins60317

Equla
December 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
My Chi used to wait until I would yawn then stick her tongue all the way to the back of my throat.

A few sputters later and I swear the little butthead was smiling.

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
would you look at them ! all sleeping together :cloud9: too cute

ancientgirl
December 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I just hope they don't lick their booty's before they do all that kissing. :laughing:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
My Chi used to wait until I would yawn then stick her tongue all the way to the back of my throat.

A few sputters later and I swear the little butthead was smiling.

:laughing:

I just hope they don't lick their booty's before they do all that kissing. :laughing:

shuuuuuttttt , we do not think about those things :yuck: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM

I worry more about whether they've been eating poop or rabbit raisins recently :eeew:

However, as to your hypothesis, Frenchy, Cole was with his Mom for 16 weeks before we brought him home and he's one of our biggest face-kissers. So I don't think time with Mom has much to do with it. I think time with Mom doesn't have much to do with it... I think they're just trying to be like this icon: :dog:

:laughing:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
:p so I guess it doesn't have any explanation , they like it or they don't .... to lick or not to lick :laughing:

I just think it's funny because the others will kiss but know when to stop and then my 2 last adoptees seem to be addicted to it :confused:

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Belle and Cole are our worst offenders. Brier is trying hard to catch up.

Grace is a licker, but knows when to stop. The rest aren't too into it at all :shrug:

It seems to be a pretty individual thing.

Maybe Jack and Sienna just love the taste of your mascara! :o :laughing:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Maybe Jack and Sienna just love the taste of your mascara! :o :laughing:

mascara .... face cream ..... lipsyl ..... :laughing:

Equla
December 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ok... I just got my face and my ear licked off my an exhuberant pitty. I seriously got tackled and my glasses were ripped off in the process.

You're not alone.

the gang
December 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
thanks frenchy, yup i think they like there pack:thumbs up

Shaykeija
December 3rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Yep, what you have there is commonly known as the four footed makeup removal system......:laughing:

onster
December 3rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
lol i too vote for a pic :D:laughing::crazy:

Gail P
December 4th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Some of mine love to lick faces too. And necks, arms, legs...:p Ooh, elbows are also a good one. Storm and Dru both like to lick, lick, lick and nibble at elbows. And Flurry likes to nom on my arm. When he's laying on the couch or bed if I lean over and start scratching his back or rump he turns his head to the arm that is closest to his face and gives it a few licks and then just holds it in his mouth, or gently mouths it (no teeth, he just works his tongue over the underside of my arm). He only does that if I'm wearing short sleeves and the skin is bare. With long sleeves he will instead nibble on the shirt. Lightning is also a crazy licker, he's gotten me in the eye on more than one occasion and he always seems to be aiming for my face. He's another one that also likes to nibble shirt sleeves when I scratch his back. He'll bite onto my shirt and hold it while I scratch him.

ownedbycats
December 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Sunshine is another compulsive licker. She loves licking people, it's her favorite reward, but she goes one step further (and my dad encourages it so I haven't been able to convince her to stop) and holds your arm in her mouth for as long as she can. She doesn't bite down, she just puts her mouth around and stands there, alternating between licking and holding.