Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's snowing!

Gail P
December 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Well, not right this minute, but on Tuesday when I was taking pictures it suddenly started coming down pretty heavy. It's all melted now and turned everything back to mud, but at least there's more snow in the forecast.

Ryan48
December 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
I really love that 2nd photo. Your dogs are so beautiful.

Rm

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
They look so happy :cloud9:

I love that kind of snow but only when I'm home and I don't have to drive anywhere :o

Gail P
December 3rd, 2009, 09:46 PM
I really love that 2nd photo. Your dogs are so beautiful.

Rm

Thank you! I do rather like them myself! :p

They look so happy :cloud9:

I love that kind of snow but only when I'm home and I don't have to drive anywhere :o

I love any kind of snow, except maybe when you get a big load of that really heavy wet stuff. Then it's hard shovelling and the driving is tricky, though I don't really have to worry too much about the driving.

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
How is it that snow always brings out the frisk in the puppers? :laughing: Cute pics, Gail!

Equla
December 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
I'm so jealous. I love the snow and we are insanely lucky to get any here.

Hazel, its funny that you mention that. We randomly got snow here last year. We have 2 short-haired dogs. Two breeds I would NEVER imagine liking the cold (poor Miko shivers if he's outside in less than 60F), but they both went totally nutso when it snowed. We brought them inside because we figured they were cold, but they were asking to go back out less than 5 minutes later.

Mansa looked like a reindeer hopping around. It was soooo great.

Gail P
December 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
How is it that snow always brings out the frisk in the puppers? :laughing: Cute pics, Gail!

Actually it doesn't take snow to do that with my guys, although they certainly do love the snow. Doesn't matter the weather, they rush out to a chorus of barks, yips, yelps, snarls etc. and race around the fields. I love to just watch them run and play.

rainbow
December 4th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Love the pics :lovestruck: ......but please keep the snow there. :D

growler~GateKeeper
December 4th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Gorgeous pics :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Holy catz the 2nd shot really shows how tall Flurry is, he's almost a full head taller than Storm :dog:

Wolf
December 4th, 2009, 02:44 AM
:lovestruck:

Gail P
December 4th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Love the pics :lovestruck: ......but please keep the snow there. :D
Gladly. I want it all and more anyways :D

Gorgeous pics :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Holy catz the 2nd shot really shows how tall Flurry is, he's almost a full head taller than Storm :dog:
He is a BIG boy. Really a bit of an oddity for a BC even though they can have such variety in looks and size. There are a few big sturdily built dogs in his background but I think he has surpassed them all, even though as a pup he was on a controlled growth formula. He's really well muscled and makes for a powerful sled dog. This year my daughter is also going to try him in a 1-dog skijoring class, at one of the races where we know the trail is fairly level and easy. At least that's the plan, but first she's got to get back on skis and try him to make sure he's not too powerful for her skiing ability. She's done some skijoring with a couple of the others before, but never at a race and hasn't yet tried it with Flurry.

chico2
December 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Gail,your 4 beautiful pups in the snow,great pics:lovestruck:
I much rather have a bit of snow than rain,rain is really depressing,unless it's April..

Gail P
December 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Gail,your 4 beautiful pups in the snow,great pics:lovestruck:
I much rather have a bit of snow than rain,rain is really depressing,unless it's April..

No, no, no! No rain in April! It makes for too much mud! Spring and fall rain is BAD rain. Winter rain is VERY BAD rain (it melts my trail and turns it to mush, then to ice). Summer rain is nice when things have been too hot and dry and my place is a dustbowl. Around here it's either mud or dust, except in winter. In winter my dogs stay clean and my house stays cleaner than at any other time of year (not counting the dusting I tend to neglect :whistle: ) Winter is our friend ;)

This is what happens at my place when we get "April Showers" as well as the spring melt. Keep in mind that my dogs all like to accompany me during daily chores feeding the horses, chickens etc. and go through all this and then into my house. And they never walk anywhere, they fly through at top speed like they want to see how much mud they can splatter all over and coat themselves in. They go back into the back yard before the house to drip off a bit but really, the yard's not too much better. A bit more hard-packed maybe but still mud.

onster
December 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I always love the pics you post of your dogs, they look so happy always :)

now those pics of your land you just posted :eek: omg. rain rain go away indeed!

chico2
December 5th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Gail,OMG:laughing:
Here I complain(not really,it's washable) when I get 3 sets of kitty-paws all over the house every day,hubby insists on taking them out,no matter what the weather:cat:
Example:yell:

Gail P
December 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Now there's an interesting sight! Not too often you see kitties playing in the water. :thumbs up

chico2
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Gail,there was worms floating around,that's why he did not care if he got wet:cat:

Gail P
December 5th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Gail,there was worms floating around,that's why he did not care if he got wet:cat:

Ah! That explains it. Some things are worth getting wet for :laughing: At least cats are polite and shake the excess water off their paws after getting them wet. My crew have no such manners :rolleyes:

Ryan48
December 5th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Adorable!!

TeriM
December 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Wow, Blaze is catching up in size quick :eek:.

Great pics :cloud9:.

angeldogs
December 5th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I like the 3rd pic.the cuddling up for the picture.good looking dogs.

lUvMyLaB<3
December 6th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Aww! Those are cute pics! The snow not the mud of coarse! We already have tons of the white stuff, and below -30 temperatures, we were lucky to have a warm fall though! My lab just goes out holds up her paws then lays down licking her feet after only 1 minute. So we have already had to do boots and jackets even for quick pees, and we still have 20 degrees to go! Not to mention who knows how many feet of snow before it starts to melt in april, amazing how no matter how long you live in mb, you dont get used to these long darn cold winters!