- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Uh Oh! Not sure if something is wrong but Forest vomitted and peed at the same time!

December 2nd, 2009, 01:32 AM
About an hour ago, Forest went to the litter box and about a minute after I heard a weird sound in the box, almost like he fell down or something. He gets out and walks around. I asked if he was ok. Then he walked toward the kitchen and started vomiting, out came a hairball and a lot of barely digested (wet) food. I get up and start walking toward him to make sure he's ok, but before I get there he walks toward the litter box a few feet and vomits once more. As I get there, he is peeing and vomiting at the same time. Finished vomiting, and still peeing gets into the litter box and finishes his pee. :confused::confused:

I am very concerned b/c I don't know if anything is wrong or if the peeing is in relation to my previous thread (, where he pees when scared. I've never gotten mad when he vomits, I'm just glad he does it on the tile. So my voice was full of concern and I was bent over, so I didn't appear upset/threatening.

Very concerned right now, he was hiding after but he is on his bed now. Anybody know if this is an illness?? :sad::sad:

December 2nd, 2009, 02:11 AM
The act of vomiting puts alot of pressure on the lungs and abdominal muscles, if Forest is having some difficulty holding his urine, such as when the bladder/urinary muscles are not as strong as they were when he was younger, it is possible this is the cause :shrug:

I think an exam by the vet is your best starting point for answers

December 2nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks growler! What kind of an exam? Or will they know what to check for by my explanation?