Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Uh Oh! Not sure if something is wrong but Forest vomitted and peed at the same time!

dollface
December 2nd, 2009, 12:32 AM
About an hour ago, Forest went to the litter box and about a minute after I heard a weird sound in the box, almost like he fell down or something. He gets out and walks around. I asked if he was ok. Then he walked toward the kitchen and started vomiting, out came a hairball and a lot of barely digested (wet) food. I get up and start walking toward him to make sure he's ok, but before I get there he walks toward the litter box a few feet and vomits once more. As I get there, he is peeing and vomiting at the same time. Finished vomiting, and still peeing gets into the litter box and finishes his pee. :confused::confused:

I am very concerned b/c I don't know if anything is wrong or if the peeing is in relation to my previous thread (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66737), where he pees when scared. I've never gotten mad when he vomits, I'm just glad he does it on the tile. So my voice was full of concern and I was bent over, so I didn't appear upset/threatening.

Very concerned right now, he was hiding after but he is on his bed now. Anybody know if this is an illness?? :sad::sad:

growler~GateKeeper
December 2nd, 2009, 01:11 AM
The act of vomiting puts alot of pressure on the lungs and abdominal muscles, if Forest is having some difficulty holding his urine, such as when the bladder/urinary muscles are not as strong as they were when he was younger, it is possible this is the cause :shrug:

I think an exam by the vet is your best starting point for answers

:goodvibes:

dollface
December 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks growler! What kind of an exam? Or will they know what to check for by my explanation?