Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Papaya

onster
November 30th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Is it just me and lil bro...or does this fruit taste like vomit? I don't mean it tastes bad I mean it literally tastes like barf.

I am sorry to papaya lovers...but when we were in mexico a few yrs ago my dad LOOOVED it kept buying more and more...trying to give me and lil bro some, both politely refusing, yet encouraging the other sibling to have some :evil:

hahaha finally we both shared our independently formed conclusions re: the taste of papaya. We just cant understand how we both thought it literally tasted of vomit (and we hardly agree on anything :rolleyes:) yet others find it sooo succulent?

We remembered yesterday when my mom ordered a gelato with papaya yesterday at a restaurant..my lil bro and I made eye contact and started laughing uncontrollably...the horror all came back :crazy:

So do you find papaya delicous?

rainbow
November 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
It's been ages since I've had papaya but from what I can remember I liked it. :shrug:

Or maybe it was a mango I had :confused: ....it's been so long I can't remember. :laughing:

onster
November 30th, 2009, 08:19 PM
mango is yummy delicious goodness. definately does not taste like vomit!

Buttt the mango you can get in north america is pretty weak I have to say. Nothing like the indian/ egyptian mango (i think its just really really unripe).

onster
November 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
oh good old google..yes i googled papaya and vomit :crazy::laughing:

lil bro and I are not alone!

http://www.kitchencourage.com/2009/08/papaya-surprises.html

http://jollymali.blogspot.com/2008/11/why-do-papayas-taste-like-vomit.html

even a facebook group hahaha

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47372670204

im sure there are people with different taste buds, heck my parents both love the fruit. I just find it so weird that there can be such a degree in variation in tastes!

Frenchy
November 30th, 2009, 09:25 PM
So do you find papaya delicous?

In a marguarita , YES !!!! :cloud9: or was it mango ......

onster
November 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM
lol so so far we have two votes for the yes..or was it mango category :p

Frenchy
November 30th, 2009, 09:37 PM
lol so so far we have two votes for the yes..or was it mango category :p

I'm SURE papaya tastes better with alcohol onster :laughing:

luckypenny
November 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
mango is yummy delicious goodness. definately does not taste like vomit!

Maybe not but it does encourage it :yuck:.

Never tried papaya so I couldn't tell ya what it tastes like to me :shrug:. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on mango :D.

krdahmer
December 1st, 2009, 01:16 AM
the dried papaya they put in trail mix isn't bad....but fresh is yick

Dracko
December 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
YES!

I've said the same thing for years! Stuff even smells like vomit. Esp the tablets you get in health food stores.

chico2
December 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Onster,I agree,I too had some in Mexico,years ago...awful stuff:yuck:

onster
December 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm SURE papaya tastes better with alcohol onster :laughing:

lol prolly true

Maybe not but it does encourage it :yuck:.

does the texture get to you? i think it might be related to growing up eating mango or not...my SIL isnt too much of a fan :shrug:

the dried papaya they put in trail mix isn't bad....but fresh is yick

so ick :yuck:

YES!

I've said the same thing for years! Stuff even smells like vomit. Esp the tablets you get in health food stores.

YES hahaha....see whats so weird to me isnt that i dont like it and others love it but that when I eat it or smell it it actually tastes/smells like barf.

onster
December 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Onster,I agree,I too had some in Mexico,years ago...awful stuff:yuck:

apparently the mexican papaya is the most vomit tasting one if youre likely to think it tastes that way

Cath
December 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
WOW!!! I thought I was the only one who thought like that - LOL! I live in Costa Rica and papaya is quite common but I can't stomach it ... it unequivocally tastes like vomit!!!! Thank you Onster!!!