Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Too Much Love?

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Anyone think there is such a thing as giving your pet too much love? I dont think so, but my fiance seems to think that I smuther my dog to much. I cant help, hes to cute. He is definitely a mommas boy but whats wrong with that? I dont know, what do you guys think?

Sneaky2006
August 25th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Someone's a little jealous...
My husband is the same way with only one of our cats, she will only let me hold her, and he doesn't like it!!

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Thats exactly whats going on! Funny you should mention that.. lol.. He told me when we get our next pup I will not be allowed to talk to her, he says he wants her to love him more than she loves me lol. Hes jealous because if bear is next to me and he calls him he will look at him like, "you're kidding right?" Its quite funny actually. At least for me and bear, we have a good laugh.

Sneaky2006
August 25th, 2004, 02:47 AM
It doesn't matter what he says because what he really means is...I want you to love me the most. :D

doggab
August 25th, 2004, 02:55 AM
He told me when we get our next pup I will not be allowed to talk to her, he says he wants her to love him more than she loves me lol.

Your fiance and I have a lot in common! That was the exact reason we got our 2nd pup. Our 1st born, Cajun, was so attached to him since he picked him out at the breeders (he did this while I was at work, might I add *tisk*tisk) and they were joint at the hip. When we decided to adopt our 2nd, Jinx, I laid down the ground rules. I had to pick him out first, and we had to have our own quality time. Now we each give and receive love equally to everyone involved. The down side is that my husband now gets jealous of the added affection I give to Jinx and they have a jokingly love/hate relationship! Everyone always receives special attention, even my husband sometimes lol.

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Sounds like were going to be having a simliar family :) . Im quite sure Iwont be able to "ignore" the new pup.. tee hee.. Im going to have to push myself to let them have their quailty time. Ive jumped hurdles before. But yes, of course, all of them will be loved equally and by all of us. Right now bear and my fiance do have a love/hate relationship too. Its very cute. Currently, I'm just trying to convince my fiance that theres more than enough love to go around!

shihtzulover
August 25th, 2004, 08:02 AM
This also happened to us, when we first brought Sophie home from the breeders my husband took a weeks vacation to stay home with her. (I had none left), after that week Sophie would totally ignore me, wouldn't listen to me or play with me, she just wanted to be with Hubby. Well its been about 2 months since then and I think now she loves us equal. But I was scared for a while thinking she hated me. :)

Catt31
August 25th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Brick too!!! He seems to like Tim more because Tim takes him in his truck to the off leash park more often, and I am the one that does the walks around the neighbourhood and training!! I was the jealous one at first but now that I've been home with Brick for 2 months it seems the roles have reversed!! I have to go back to work Mon. and I think I'm having an anxiety attack knowing I have to leave my boy again!!! He's gotten into a habit of me being here, not good!!! Brick does equally love us both, but I've figured out that he shows his love to us in different ways!! Tim gets molested with kisses which he hates, and I get the lazy snuggle times on the bed and couch!!! I'm ok with it now!!! LOL

Cactus Flower
August 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Loving a pet too much? BAH!

I've been accused of "mollycoddling" Raj, etc. Same thing they say about my son. This state of uber-nurture is impossible to overcome, and I make no apologies for it! When my friends tease me in this way, I tell them "If I stop fussing over Raj and Logan, I would probably turn it all on you....I am a MOM, pure and simple....I'd have to put all of that nurturing somewhere...". This threat usually shuts em up ;)

As for the jealousy thing....we argue all the time :D My dog, no she's mine, no she's mine....well she's mine, too......really then why don't you give her a bath this time? LOL. All in fun.

glasslass
August 25th, 2004, 01:13 PM
We don't have kids, just our fur-babies. That nurturing instinct is poured into Den-Den & Puss-Puss. No such thing as too much love! When Den-Den finishes giving me kisses, I say "Go give Papa kisses!" and he gets excited all over again and jumps into hubby's lap to give him some. Back & forth! :D

Cinnabear
August 25th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Happened in our household too. Newt is a mamma's boy. :) He always comes to me. But then I'm home 24/7. My dh is always complaining he wanted another that would pay attention to him too. So we got another. She is friendly to all in our household. Even comes to dh.

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 04:06 PM
thats how it all began to. I stayed home from work for a week and bonded with bear while Justin (my fiance) went to work. Well a week is a long time and long story short bear is lying next to me every night. But Justin is constantly telling me that Im babying him to much and Im going to make him skiddish around other people. We take him for walks everywhere and I never seen this to be the case. He doesnt even bark at kitties or othre dogs! Im telling you.. this is the best dog is the WORLD... (oo no did I start a fight? tee hee :) )

Spoiled
August 25th, 2004, 04:23 PM
No, I don't think you can give a dog too much love. It will strengthen the bond between you if you are always loving the dog.

wAggie
August 25th, 2004, 08:27 PM
hahahahahahah

my Chocolate's more than a mama's boy, he's pu$$y. end of story.

:o :eek: :D

hence Honey... well, being the Ho, such a B!tch..... :rolleyes:

:p

iRONKNiGHT
August 25th, 2004, 08:37 PM
hahahahahahah

my Chocolate's more than a mama's boy, he's pu$$y. end of story.

:o :eek: :D

hence Honey... well, being the Ho, such a B!tch..... :rolleyes:

:p

wAGGie as much as i like you.. can you please watch the Context of your Context-sensitive language*

in case you did not read "Pets.ca - Posting rules & Policy"
Posted by Marko
We will not tolerate this and can and will ban people without warning, and delete all their posts. Swearing is not permitted on this site which is often used by children of school age who seek advice and information.

wAggie
August 25th, 2004, 09:08 PM
hence my type, i figured that was suitable. :rolleyes:

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Dont worry wAggie, I wont tell on you! geez.. iRONKNIGHT...

meggie1425
August 25th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Theres no such thing as loving a pet to much!! all they ask for is fresh food, lots of snuggles, and walks outside, and they love us just as much!

OnlyInMyDreams
August 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM
My favorite part about having Bear, is that well, he is my biggest fan, and vice versa. He does everything to please me and is upset when he knows Im upset. Im sure in his mind he can never love me to much.. same goes for me

wAggie
August 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM
thanx, OIMD!!! *hugs* :)

meggie, i couldn't agree more!! a pet, esp. dog i presume, would walk to the end just to please it's mommy/daddy... recall the stories u read about the neglect/abuse a owner puts on the pet/dog and the pet/dog STILL comes back.... *tear* :(

OnlyInMyDreams
August 26th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Yes, those are terribly sad stories. I wish all my friends and family had the kind of unconditional love for me as my Bear Bear does. They love us no matter what horrible things we do...

wAggie
August 26th, 2004, 12:22 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OMG, u really hit the nail on that one!!! :eek: :eek:

:eek:

;) :p :p :p :p hahahahahahaaa

that IS totally unconditional love!!!! they'll NEVER ever leave us intentionally!