Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lachine cats update

cpietra16
November 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone...I should be working on my last paper due thrusday...but I love to procrastinate...and why not on Pets....
I just found out that Lachine cat number 1 who we were told was adopted out was actually never adopted. My source inside the SPCA thought she may have been sick an she could have been euthanized because she could not find any papers on her...but chances were she could have been adopted as well....confused yet...you should ahve seen me!!!
Anyway, She just emailed me to tell me that she reappeared and that she was in a foster home because she was pregnant when she was brought in. Since then she has been back to the SPCA with her babies. And yesterday a woman fell in love with her and was adopted. My friend was shocked when she saw her, thinking of course she was either dead or already adopted..anyway. I asked if I could get pics of her babies to see if any of them look like the other sisblings that I have. I'll keep you posted.

The others...MOMMY is completely loved and cared for. I saw where she lives...very jealous.

L4H..got another mommy and her baby...she may be able to fill us in on that family....well Iknow how lucky the mom is....:)

the other are also all in great homes and I have been trying to kep tabs on all of them, without being too in their face...sorry
Anyway, here is lachine number one who I thought was already adopted out...until just a few hours ago....

rainbow
November 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
LOL, yes that is a confusing story ....I had to read it over a couple of times. :laughing:

She is beautiful and I love her colouring :lovestruck: ....glad to hear that she now has a forever home and Mommy as well. :thumbs up

Hope you can get pics of the kittens too. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Oh, she is very pretty :flirt: I hope she has a wonderful life in her new home! :cloud9:

Love4himies
November 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Rose and her baby, Rosebud are doing great!!!!

Rosebud has not been adopted yet from the HS, but she is rarely caged and gets full run of the kitten room with her friends. There is a huge window that they faces the woods and lots of birds, squirrels and chipmunks running around to occupy them. When I visit, she only pauses for a second for pats, then must go back to her playing. I think she loves having "siblings" to play with as her kittenhood was lonely being an only kitten :sad:.

Rose has been adopted by me :D. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER TO DEATH :cloud9::lovestruck:. She doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body so she gets along great with the other three cats (which is quite a feat when it comes to :evil: Sweet Pea). She still won't eat cat food, so she is on 100% raw:thumbs up and has gained quite a bit of weight :o. Her nickname is "Little One" because of her tiny, delicate frame :cloud9:. I still can't pick her up, but she has learned her name and comes running when I call her. :cat:

Rose's favourite sleeping spot. I bought a new chair for our bedroom and Rose thought she would lay claim to it. :cat:

Brought in some fresh Catnip for Rose in the screen in deck:

Rose's favourite meal. She tries to hide it under the chair.:cool:

Love4himies
November 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cpietra, you may regret asking for an update, I just love posting pics of the beautiful, photogenic Rose :cloud9:

More pics of Rose settling into being a "pampered pet" :laughing:

Even though Sweet Pea will sometimes be cranky with her, she still loves to be near her. Yup she is sleeping on our bed and a duvet.

When she doesn't have access to our bedroom, her favourite spot is in a tent I have set up in the living room:

She is very kitten like and looks at us with her big green eyes that are so darn beautiful :cloud9:

Love4himies
November 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Whoops forgot to add, that I sing the Rosie Posie, puddin 'n pie song to her as I am bent over her. She looks at me with her big green eyes thinking I am a :crazy: human. :laughing:

Love4himies
November 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
:o Just one more pic, I promise :D

Rose's favourite toy. It makes a "here kitty kitty" sound and "meow" she plays with it all the time :laughing:

cpietra16
November 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I think Rose hit the jackpot....what a love story...and please keep me updated with as many pictures as possible...I love them. I hope her little rugrat gets adopted out soon.
Thanks for the update.

chico2
November 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
cpietra,great to hear some good news for a change,glad cat no 1 has a home now:thumbs upshe is very pretty..

L4H,Love to see pics of Rose,she certainly look like she hit the jack-pot,one pampered little kitty:lovestruck:
To bad Rose-Bud has not been adopted yet,but like you say,she's enjoying her life,I always thought she was a little boy kitty:confused:

Love4himies
November 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
L4H,Love to see pics of Rose,she certainly look like she hit the jack-pot,one pampered little kitty:lovestruck:
To bad Rose-Bud has not been adopted yet,but like you say,she's enjoying her life,I always thought she was a little boy kitty:confused:

I think Rosebud would only be happy in a house with another kitty her age to play with. She, like her momma, is so attached to other cats. The kitty room is full of kitty stands and toys. The big window faces East so they have the morning sunshine to wake up to :lovestruck:. I couldn't tell if Rosebud was a girl or boy when she was young :o. With black kitties it is so hard to tell, and she wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get a good look. :frustrated: :D

luckypenny
November 28th, 2009, 06:41 PM
What a fabulous update cpietra and L4H :goodvibes:!

Tundra_Queen
November 29th, 2009, 02:26 AM
L4H Rose is so pretty and I love the pic with her ehad on the bed pillow LOL

cpietra, I'm glad u had good news about the #1 cat. You did such a great thing helping out those kitties.:thumbs up