Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Teethmarks on electrical wires-can I wrap duct tape?

VIOLET0019
November 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I have a mischievous, :yell: but very cute orange cat, who has attempted to chew electrical wires. Thank goodness - all is ok, and he never bit through, but I did notice some attempts and some "teethmarks" on the computer and vacum cleaner, and lamp electrical wires. But, phew, as the wires are still safe, and not "yet" damaged, I was wondering: can I wrap some duct tape around those places where he tired to bite through? :confused:

Until I find a solution, I have taken some lemon essential oil and using absorbant cotton, rubbed it all along the wires.....so as to deter him with the strong scent. I would appreciate your opinions and any suggestions.

rainbow
November 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
If he has damaged the wires I would wrap those areas with the black electricians tape for safety reasons.

The you can wrap the wires in aluminum foil as cats don't like to put their teeth in it. It also works if they scratch the corners of your couch/chair if you tape it on.

You can also buy coverings for wires if you don't like the look of the aluminum foil everywhere but they are a bit expensive if you have lots of cords to cover.