Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good bye Benjii

doggy
November 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
What can you say about a 7 1/2 months old bichon maltese that died tragically? That he was the light of his owner's life, that he was funny and fluffly, that he loved everybody - humans and animals. He loved to play to much, to sleep on mommy's bed, to beg for food, to be spoiled ...and he gave so much to us...
He didn't live to see the first snow - Our handsome, happy and playfull baby Benjii was killed by two rottweillers in NDG. The owner "didn't have a good grip on his agressive dogs".... His short life was cut Tuesday, Nov 24 at 13:20.
We still cry and refuse to believe, but pray for the other dog owners arround Prince of Wales / Cumberland street. This must not have to happen again, and unfortunatelly, we could not find the address of the young guy that owns these killer dogs.
May Benjii rest in peace, he is so missed and will always be remembered!!!

Macomom
November 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you.
I am ashamed of this owner, allowing his dogs to be a menace to the street.
I am always saddened when Rottweillers are let down by idiotic and dangerous owners.
May Benjii rest in peace. I wish you calm and happy memories.

diandpat
November 27th, 2009, 02:48 PM
This is awful :cry::cry: Poor baby and poor you. Did you call public security or the city or anyone at all???? This chap needs to get a talking to about the responsibility of owning dogs.
:rip: sweet Benji, whole and healthy and safe at the Bridge :angel:

doggy
November 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yes, we gave the police his phone number, but he hung up with them and never answered again. We're trying to find out his address, but... there is no other official way.

diandpat
November 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM
How did you get his number? If it is his house phone you can do reverse lookup at 411.ca if it is a listed number.

He should be made to pay any expenses you incurred from the incident at the very least.

BenMax
November 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I gasped reading this.:sad:. I am so very sorry for your lose. How unbelieveably preventable and tragic.

I had rotts that would have never ever had done something like this....ever! Please do not blame the breed but the owner.

There is absolutely no words I can say that would relieve you of your pain. I would be horrified and I am so very sorry that this has happened.

Please continue trying to track him down. Contact the SPCA if you can and give them whatever you have. Maybe they can help.

RIP little one.:rip: Run free and whole again.

Peace to you.

doggy
November 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM
it's a cell phone, not listed anywhere. Maybe a neighbour or somebody arround that area in NDG can give us details about this young men, he must be known there, can't go unnotified on the street having 2 big agressive dogs...
You know, nothing will bring our puppy back but we're afraid that this will happen again, and next time could be a kid, or another puppy...

doggy
November 27th, 2009, 03:18 PM
never blaimed the breed, it's only humans to raise and form them. unfortunatelly.

doggy
November 27th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I don't know if i managed to attach the picture. I thank you for all your thoughts and words, it means a lot!

diandpat
November 27th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :angel::angel::angel:

chico2
November 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
OMG Doggy,what a beautiful little pup Benji was:sad:,what a horrific experience.
I love Rotties too,but obviously something needs to be done about their owner,before the dogs kill another dog/cat.
There are dogs,I know a couple,who are dog-aggressive,but it is possible to train them out of it and most importantly the owner should never fail to hold his dogs back,
:rip:little Benji

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Oh, doggy, I'm so sorry about Benji :grouphug:

I think the police can get the owner's name from the company that issued the cell-phone number. Unless it's a payed-up-front phone like a Tracfone?

CarolynInPEI
November 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM
You're little Benji was a handsome boy, so cute. I'm am so sorry for your loss.

14+kitties
November 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
:candle::rip: little Benji :candle: You went far too young. :sad: