Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten - Mucus?

CHLOE AND ZOE
November 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I just noticed with one of my kittens Zoe (the one that sneezes) that her behind was wet. I thought she might have peed somewhere in the house and not in her litter box but then when I lifted her tail I noticed a ball of mucus, whiteish yellowish in color... I'm not sure where exactly its coming from...
I gave her a bath with no products in the water and wiped her pretty good.
She does go in to see the vet soon but just wondering if any of you have any idea what could be the problem ?? Or is this normal? Chloe seems to be mucus and sneeze free though....

cpietra16
November 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Not sure where the mucus came from, but taking them to the vets is a great idea. Cats usually don't sneeze unless they're sick. With mucus, it sounds like it can be a cold. Please have them checked out. Good Luck

Love4himies
November 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I assume the mucous came from the behind and not the sneeze?

If so it can be an infection, parasites or irritation of the colon. The colon actually produces mucous continuously, but in such little amounts it is not noticeable. However when the colon becomes irritated it produces more like your sinuses with a cold. If you can take in a fresh fecal sample with you to the vet that would help.