Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Molly and her kitty friend

mollywog
November 22nd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hi again! Busy busy here, report card time so that has turned me into a workaholic for the past 2 weeks. SO glad they are over now! We had a visitor at the house this weekend, an 11 week old rescue kitten- my friend adopted her a couple weeks ago but needed a pet-sitter for the weekend. She still doesn't have an official name! :eek: but is jokingly referred to as Titten or TittyTat (TT)! :laughing:
Luckily, her and Molly became fast friends!!! :lovestruck:
There was only one incident where TT got too close to Molly as she was eating, and Molly gave a big growl but didn't get physical. They love chasing each other around the house, it is adorable! And if you are lucky, you may occasionally catch this cuteness:
Unfortunately DH isn't as sold as I am- partly due to his allergies, and partly due to TT attempting to climb our blinds and scratch up the arm of our new leather couch :frustrated:
In the last picture you can see a habit that TT has- she suckles on herself! She actually latches on to her tiny nipple and makes the loudest slurping noises! Does anyone else here have a cat with that habit? Is it anything to be concerned about??

Anyways- hope all is well here. Again, did I miss anything? Anyone preggers, engaged, or adopted a new fur-kid??? :shrug: :D

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2009, 07:17 PM
you can see a habit that TT has- she suckles on herself! She actually latches on to her tiny nipple and makes the loudest slurping noises! Does anyone else here have a cat with that habit? Is it anything to be concerned about??

She probably left her mother too early :sad:

she is adorable ! too cute that they bonded so fast !!!! :cloud9:

mollywog
November 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
She probably left her mother too early :sad:

she is adorable ! too cute that they bonded so fast !!!! :cloud9:

Yes, she likely did leave her mother too early... or was taken away too early :cry: the rescue where she came from often finds boxes of kittens on their doorsteps or worse yet, at the dump :sad:

Molly really has a way with kittehs. Never met one she didn't like (whether they like her is another story!!) Just wish she was the same way with all dogs! :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
November 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
awwww so cute together :cloud9:

Equla
November 22nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
Awwww... I love seeing big kids and little kids getting along so well. And who doesn't love babies?

ancientgirl
November 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
What adorable pictures.:lovestruck:

Ryan48
November 22nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
OMgosh. Cuteness overload here. What pals!!! I love it.

Ryan

14+kitties
November 22nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
They go together so well. :cloud9: It's so sweet to see kitties and dogs getting along. Sammy growls occasionally when one of the cats get too close to her food when she eating too but most times she is great. Keesha is just getting too old to care. :laughing:
Too bad hubby is allergic. TT is so cute!!
The suckling - Frenchy is probably right. Kitty was probably taken too young. She will most likely grow out of it. For right now it's a comfort thing.

Equla
November 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I had a cat that we found as a little one in the wheel of a big rig. Poor baby was bounced around for who knows how long. We brought him home and bottle fed him.

He never really grew out of the suckling thing. I didn't mind. It was actually a little sweet. It was like the pussy-footing thing most cats do. He just did it with a little sucking on your shirt. :flirt:

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Molly plays well with others :angel: (I hope you wrote that on her report card! :D)

TT and Molly are so cute together! :lovestruck: I think Molly is going to be sad when her kitteh buddy goes home... Just tell DH that every girl needs a BFF, so Molly needs a kitteh of her very own...one that doesn't break her heart when it has to go home :cat:

rainbow
November 23rd, 2009, 02:11 AM
She is adorable and love the pic of her cuddling with Molly. :cloud9:

How bad are hubby's allergies? My hubby and I have them but only mildly and just put up with them. I know there are are lots of members here that have really bad reactions ....like AG and she has five cats. And, the blind climbing and couch scratching can be managed. ;) :D

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2009, 06:29 AM
Oh my goodness, how sweet is that. Molly, what a good hostess :angel: you are being to this tiny kitten :cloud9: :lovestruck:

mollywog
November 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
hey everyone! :) Molly and TT say thanks for the comments!
TT went home the other night, Molly actually wasn't too affected (I think she was just happy to have 100% of our attention again :lovestruck:) We put up our Christmas tree 5 minutes after she left! DH has adamantly stated that he is "not a cat person" and even told my friend that this was a good way to confirm that! The whole scratching up the brand new couch really irked him. :evil: So, no kitties for us anytime soon :rolleyes:

chico2
November 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
A little black kitty:lovestruck: and a beautiful black pup:lovestruck:,how sweet..
I love to see pics with cats and dogs together:cat::dog: