November 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM
here you go. My 3 little terrors of the Maine Coon variety:D

isold
November 21st, 2009, 04:40 PM
They are really beautiful. I love Maine Coons :lovestruck:

Equla
November 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Oh I love the variety of colors!

My favorite part of Maine Coons is their tails and big heads. They really live up to their description of "gentle giants."

Question, were yours always uber friendly, or does it take them a little while to warm up to people? I think I messed up when mine were little and as a result, they are slightly skittish when new people are around. They've gotten a lot better, but when I first moved in with my hubby, they hid for like 3 weeks. We honestly thought we lost them.

Also, have you noticed they really want to go outside when it gets cold outside? Mak got out last winter and didn't come back for a whole month! We are very careful now, but I see him looking at the door and thinking about it on the nights that are especially cold.

hazelrunpack
November 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Gorgeous kitties, qmc! :flirt: You either don't post enough of your kitties, or else I've just had problems in the past when you had pics up :o, cuz I don't think I've ever seen them before. Alternatively, it could just be madame hazel's senility showing again :rolleyes: But they're so pretty I don't think I'd forget... :o

I love Tritan's coloration...so unique! :lovestruck: But I wouldn't turn up my nose at Quincy or Milo, either :D How do they get along with dogs? :p

SolaMio
November 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
They are beautiful qmc :lovestruck:

I had a Maine Coon for 15 years growing up. They are very special :)

quincymycat
November 21st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh I love the variety of colors!

My favorite part of Maine Coons is their tails and big heads. They really live up to their description of "gentle giants."

Question, were yours always uber friendly, or does it take them a little while to warm up to people? I think I messed up when mine were little and as a result, they are slightly skittish when new people are around. They've gotten a lot better, but when I first moved in with my hubby, they hid for like 3 weeks. We honestly thought we lost them.

Also, have you noticed they really want to go outside when it gets cold outside? Mak got out last winter and didn't come back for a whole month! We are very careful now, but I see him looking at the door and thinking about it on the nights that are especially cold.

Absolutely no problem with their friendliness, with the exception of the redhead (Milo) who is a bit nutty at the best of times. Quince and Tritan are real people junkies, I can't even leave them for more than a couple of hours without them meeting me at the door and listening to them complain loudly and frequently.
I also have no problems with them wanting to go outside. These are the first cats I have had in the last 35 years that show NO desire to go outside at all. I guess they are smart enough to know when they got it good.
I also have a ragdoll. I will post a pic of him below. He always gets forgotten about. He was a rescue (paid for though) from a BYB. Lots of problems. He is almost blind and VERY timid, but he is also sweet with me but he can be quite aggressive with the Coonies as well. Oh well, no one is perfect.
No Hazel, you are not senile - anymore than me anyway LOL, I just don't post pics that often.

quincymycat
November 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM
Gorgeous kitties, qmc! :flirt: You either don't post enough of your kitties, or else I've just had problems in the past when you had pics up :o, cuz I don't think I've ever seen them before. Alternatively, it could just be madame hazel's senility showing again :rolleyes: But they're so pretty I don't think I'd forget... :o

I love Tritan's coloration...so unique! :lovestruck: But I wouldn't turn up my nose at Quincy or Milo, either :D How do they get along with dogs? :p

Well Hazel, they have never really been up close and personal with a dog except at the vet's office and tht really is not the best test for behaviour.
Thanks for the comments. They are special to me, especially Quincy with all he has gone through this year.

quincymycat
November 21st, 2009, 05:28 PM
They are really beautiful. I love Maine Coons :lovestruck:

Thank you Isold, and welcome to the board all the way from Iceland!

hazelrunpack
November 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Dakota is a handsome dude, as well! :lovestruck: Has a very wise expression.

Equla
November 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Milo is the orange one right? The look he has in the close-up of his face is the look that got my Coons the name Maine Coon Mafia. They were laying in the kitchen on the tile and when we walked into the room they had this look like they were surveying the area and ensuring no funny business was going on.

Hazel, we have dogs and our Coons LOVE them. They end up getting slobbered on and knawed on a little bit in the process, but they are always sleeping with the pooches and loving on them. I've noticed my Mak seems to like the furry kids much better than any human.

Sorry to post a pic in your thread, Quincy, but I couldn't resist showing you guys this...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/Equla/IMG00012.jpg

hazelrunpack
November 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Cute, Equla! :cloud9: I can see that Miko is much better behaved around kitties than hazel's crew is :o :laughing:

Equla
November 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
hehe! If Miko had been awake, poor Mak would be soaked with slobber and probably stepped on by Mansa. I am very amazed at how tolerant Maine Coons are, though. We have a tabby that is the sweetest thing to the other cats and humans, but really doesn't like the dogs. We have harmony for the most part, but only if the pooches don't bug Linus.

Love4himies
November 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
OK, Quincy, I DEMAND all you kitties :D :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck: They are just beautiful :cloud9:

So now that we know what they look like you will be bugged for more pics, you do realize that, don't you :D :laughing:

sugarcatmom
November 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Maine Coon Mafia indeed!! Gorgeous. They look like they'd break your kneecaps if you don't hand over the anchovies.

luckypenny
November 21st, 2009, 10:52 PM
They look like they'd break your kneecaps if you don't hand over the anchovies.

:laughing: :laughing:

I see that too! What a :cool: trio you have there QMC!

TeriM
November 22nd, 2009, 02:47 AM
What a gorgeous group of kitties :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
November 22nd, 2009, 03:48 AM
Purrty pile o' puttytats :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 22nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
qmc, all your kitties are gorgeous :cloud9: and, I agree with L4H .....we are definitely going to want to see more of them now. :goodvibes:

chico2
November 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
WOW QMC,they are just stunning,I love BIG cats and MC's fit the bill,but of course I love all cats.
The Ragdoll too is beautiful:lovestruck: