Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ugh I feel old today

Luvmypitgirls
November 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Today is my middle son's birthday, he is 21.
I took him and dropped him off at his dads work and his dad will drive him out to his friends house in Airdrie.
I was hoping he would want to spend the evening with us, but I guess his friends have "big plans" for him tonight.
As I was driving home, I started thinking about my son when he was just a baby, and how he has changed and all that he has accomplished, how he went from being a Garth Brooks fan to a hard rock kinda guy. How he went from a clean cut student to a scruffy construction worker.
I thought about how when he was around 5, he would follow me like a shadow constantly grabbing onto my leg or my arm telling me had to tell me a secret as if it were most urgent, so I'd bend down and he'd whisper "I love you Mommy".
He's all grown up now, and it makes me feel so old:sad:
Then I remind myself the worst is yet to come, in 15 days my oldest will be 24!:eek:....Somebody pass the Vodka....:rolleyes:

14+kitties
November 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Ohhhh what are you whining about? :D MY oldest son turned 36 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are only as old as you feel. I forget until I look in the mirror and see a middle aged woman looking back that I am well beyond the 30 something I envision myself as being. :p

Frenchy
November 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM
constantly grabbing onto my leg or my arm telling me had to tell me a secret as if it were most urgent, so I'd bend down and he'd whisper "I love you Mommy".

awwww that is so sweet ! :cloud9:

rainbow
November 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
LOL LMPG, at my age I could be your mother :eek:......so pass the vodka over here. :D

Dog Dancer
November 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
Yup get in line and pass the vodka. My only boy is 31 and I don't know how that happened when I don't feel older than 35 myself.

rainbow
November 21st, 2009, 07:10 PM
LOL ....I think we're going to need another bottle of vodka. :laughing:

quincymycat
November 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
I prefer gin, but whatever works...my oldest is 32 on the 19th of this month. How did we all end up with kids born in November :shrug:
Some days it just don't feel good being me...but others aren't too bad. Let's hope the good continue for a long, long time for all of us...but still, pass the gin:laughing:

mikischo
November 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM
My son will be 38 in January, so I think I have everybody beat so far. Don't we just make you feel like a spring chicken, LMPG.:D BTW, I don't feel like an old hen yet.:laughing: I'll have a Paralyzer, please.:crazy:

chico2
November 22nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
No Miko,I am the winner 3 sons,47,43 and 39 yrs old,I had my first when I was 11yrs old(just kidding!!)
At 65,my brain think's young,but that's about the only thing that's in tact on me:laughing:

aslan
November 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Chico2 is lying to all of you she's young at heart and that's what counts.. I have to say you guys made me feel much younger since mine just turned 18 and 19...and since i don't drink i'll drive you bunch of drunks home.:thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
November 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Chico2 is lying to all of you she's young at heart and that's what counts.. I have to say you guys made me feel much younger since mine just turned 18 and 19...and since i don't drink i'll drive you bunch of drunks home.:thumbs up

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Omg people! Thank you for cheering me up, perhaps a bit too much...cuz I laffed so hard I tinkled:o
Another factor of my life that makes me feel old....ok Depends and Vodka and Gin and Paralizers all around :D

Aslan, can we play my Michael Buble cd's in your car? My new favorite song is "Feeling Good".....:D

dollface
November 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM
How did we all end up with kids born in November :shrug:

November babies are products of Valentine's Day :laughing: ;)

quincymycat
November 24th, 2009, 04:21 PM
November babies are products of Valentine's Day :laughing: ;)

Thanks..I no longer have reason to worry about that, but I guess I should have just drank the wine and went to sleep on that particular Valentines Day:D
Ugh, feeling reeeeaally old and blue today. Maybe I should start wearing a big sun lamp or get a big bottle of happy pills, or maybe another bottle of the aforementioned wine.
Today I AM THE CRAZY OLD CAT LADY!!:crazy:

14+kitties
November 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Sounds like there are more people getting drunk than will fit into one car. So seeing as I can no longer drink I will share in the driving. :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Well I am not quite as old as some, but I do have a 26 year old daughter.

Eck gads, that looks bad in writing :eek: :yell: :sad:

Rainbow, pass the bottle please and not when it is empty :laughing:

quincymycat
November 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM
he he ...I decided on a beer instead...Imported though. I didn't even realize I had it as it was a gift from friend who spent a few years in Germany and when she saw her "fav" here in Canada decided to bring a few to me. That was last Christmas - it may even be skunky by now but what would I know? I may be sorry tomorrow, but man I DO feel lousy tonight. Really, in case anyone gets the wrong idea...I normally do not imbibe more than a strawberry zinfendel in the summer.:angel:

quincymycat
November 24th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I do have a 26 year old daughter.

Eck gads, that looks bad in writing :eek: :yell: :sad:

Rainbow, pass the bottle please and not when it is empty :laughing:

Hey L4H, they sometimes don't get better with age. :D

aslan
November 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
LMPG if you're listening to micheal then you can ride with 14+.:D

quincymycat
November 24th, 2009, 06:06 PM
This is going to sound sooo bad, Aslan, I know you don't partake so sorry, But after 2 beer, I feel better. Maybe its because I never usually drink. Mind you tomorrow, I may not be quite as perky!!!
I am soo bad.:loser:

ancientgirl
November 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I feel old sometimes too. Especially when I realized my niece turned 20 this week. I remember celebrating her first birthday!

But, I also sometimes feel like I just graduated high school. Heck, I have nightmares that I'm at my graduation and they tell me I missed too much class and can't graduate!

quincymycat
November 24th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Ancient girl, Just look at the diploma. You made it!!!:D

ancientgirl
November 24th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Ancient girl, Just look at the diploma. You made it!!!:D

:laughing:It doesn't stop me from waking up some nights in a panic.:laughing:

chico2
November 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I don't mind being "older",would not even change it if I could(maybe a few less wrinkles:laughing:)as long as I can get up in the morning to feed the cats,bend down to clean the litter,go for long walks with Bailey,have 2 beers/day,still have hubby around,I am good:laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
November 25th, 2009, 12:43 PM
LMPG if you're listening to micheal then you can ride with 14+.:D

Aslan, "Feeling Good" is the only song I listen to from Micheal Buble. I heard a Beatles song that he butchered, infuriated me actually...it's almost sacreligious to do such a thing in my opinion :laughing:

Love4himies
November 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I feel old sometimes too. Especially when I realized my niece turned 20 this week. I remember celebrating her first birthday!

But, I also sometimes feel like I just graduated high school. Heck, I have nightmares that I'm at my graduation and they tell me I missed too much class and can't graduate!

I have nightmares that a huge assignment is due and I hadn't started it, or I hadn't attended classes :eek: I thought I was the only person who had this dream. :o

BenMax
November 25th, 2009, 01:04 PM
My daughter turned 18 this year and is in university. I am so proud but at the same time I look at her and I really cannot see where all those years went.

I am 45 years young and I have to say that I don't think I would change a thing in my life. I am at peace with my years, my body image, even my lines that are starting to roadmap my eyes - I call them lines of years of laughter and smiles. I earned them all.

Just enjoy day by day. It goes slower when you do.

Melinda
November 25th, 2009, 01:29 PM
wait till you all are grama's.......:D

quincymycat
November 25th, 2009, 02:49 PM

been there, done that X4:laughing:

Melinda
November 26th, 2009, 06:51 AM
ohhh lucky you!!! I only have the one, 8 months old.

Luvmypitgirls
November 26th, 2009, 09:59 PM

:eek:...uhhh I think I can wait for that to happen for just a couple more years at least.

At 42, I'm not ready to be a grandma...not just yet.

Actually, I am very comfortable in my age, in my body, in my life. But every now and then, especially when my kids get a year older, I get a little sad. Then I get over it :D