Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blind Dog Rescue Alliance

SolaMio
November 20th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Hi all!!

I've been away waaaaay too long. Been busy learning the ropes with a rescue org. I joined up with a while back. Have a look if you're interested! I'm co-coordinator of owner surrenders.

www.blinddogrescue.com

PS: We only have 2 Canadian members at the moment. hint, hint. :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
awww congrats Solamio ! :highfive:

can't believe people dumping their blind dogs :wall: I had a blind st-bernard foster last year , she wasn't good with my dogs but , if she had been , I would have kept her for sure , she was soooo loveable :lovestruck:

and my golden Bailey is mostly blind now , he's acting like nothing is wrong :thumbs up they're are amazing hey ?

luckypenny
November 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Great to see you back and great to hear the news :thumbs up.

I'm co-coordinator of owner surrenders.

What does that entail, SM?

Frenchy
November 20th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I just read the foster dogs stories :sad:

SolaMio
November 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM
Thanks guys, I knew I'd find some support here :D

(Most people think I'm a little crazy.)

Frenchy, you had Ma Belle, didn't you? Actually your story helped get me interested in blind dog rescue. I had Saints growing up and she pulled at my heartstrings! How is she doing now, was she adopted?

A friend of mine also has a blind shar-pei and watching him with his sighted "sister" who became his eyes was so amazing.

And yes the foster stories are quite depressing. :sad:
On the bright side, at least they are with us and not at a kill shelter where they would not have much of a chance...

LP, owner-surrender is where you process apps from owners who no longer want or can keep their animals; we contact them for vet information etc., to get them into our rescue. And yes, sometimes very :wall::wall::wall:

Golden Girls
November 21st, 2009, 06:32 AM
You sound wonderful :pawprint:

It takes a special someone who can convince owners to surrender (when it's in the animals best interest) all the while telling them how wonderful they are :frustrated: I've learned to pay less attention (for the moment) to the animal and more to them :D

Looking over BDRA's site I noticed every dollar spent at Avon will give your organization 20%, Connor :cloud9: being the current special needs dog. WTG his update photo's are awesome. I'll crosspost to my family/friends and coworkers - it's the season to care & share :goodvibes:

Thank you for all you do

SolaMio
November 21st, 2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks GG, and yes by all means spread the word about the Avon discount :thumbs up

I know, Connor is doing a lot better from what I gather- I have a soft spot for sibes of course :D

Frenchy
November 21st, 2009, 10:46 AM
I pm you solamio. :)