Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

With love and loss I send you on your way my Precious Velvet.

Nancyrb
November 20th, 2009, 12:15 PM
MY PRECIOUS VELVET WENT TO RAINBOW BRIDGE ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 17th. I ADOPTED HER 9 YEARS AGO FROM MY CHILDREN OUT WEST WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEIR NEW SON WAS ALLERGIC TO CATS. SHE WAS A GIFT FROM HEAVEN. SHE CAME TIMID AND FRIGHTENED AFTER HER LONG AIR FLIGHT, BUT IN TIME AND WITH LOTS OF LOVE SHE GREW INTO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SOUL. SHE WAS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. SHE GREETED ME AT THE DOOR WHEN EVER I RETURNED FROM A SHORT VISIT TO A LONGER TRIP. SHE PURRED ME AWAKE EVERY MORNING AND PURRED ME TO SLEEP EVERY EVENING. EVERY ROOM IN MY HOUSE REMINDS ME OF HER SWEET PRESENCE AND I GRIEVE DEEPLY FOR HER. GOD WILL KEEP HER SAFE FOR ME TILL I ARRIVE TO GREET HER AT RAINBOW BRIDGE SOMEDAY. I LOVE YOU VEL, YOUR MUM

hazelrunpack
November 20th, 2009, 12:19 PM
She's a beautiful girl, Nancyrb. :grouphug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Your relationship sounds very special and your love will reunite you at the Bridge.

:candle: Velvet

Nancyrb
November 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM
tha
thank you for your kind words. She was special, i was blessed. Now i grieve. Hopefully in the new year my heart will be ready to adopt another special friend. Never to replace my velvet....but to love another.

diandpat
November 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM
So so sorry for your painful loss. It is clear how much you loved each other and I am sure her presence in your home is greatly missed :cry:

She will be well kept while she waits for you at a much later date. What a beautiful tribute to her it would be if/when you are once again able to "save" another beautiful kitty :lovestruck:

RIP Sweet Velvet :angel2:

marko
November 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and I offer you my deepest condolences. :sorry:

:rip:sweet Velvet :candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

BenMax
November 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I can see how much she is loved. You are a wonderful human being and I wish you Peace.

Run free and whole little one.:angel::rip:

Nancyrb
November 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you so much for sending your warm message. Yes, she was loved unconditionally by me and I was loved the same way by her. I miss her so much. Sincerely, Nancy

cpietra16
November 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
My condolences to you...how sad and how young :sad:

Nancyrb
November 20th, 2009, 04:33 PM
She was 13, but i kept hoping she would live forever or at least a whole lot longer. I have lost many animals and even a beloved son in the prime of his life to kidney disease....so i know the pain of loss. Velvet, however, i adopted around age 3 and since my family is grown and gone, she was my daily bright light. Affectionate, sensitive, devoted. She knew me well and was always close by. This loss is as great as any i remember. She was absolutely special! Thank you for your message they all help a lot. Sincerely, nancy

cpietra16
November 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Nancy, I so understand you. They sure know how to penetrate your heart don't they..:sad: I have lost a few in my life and its never easy.

Equla
November 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Good to have had so many wonderful years with a very special somebody.

Someday soon, another soul will come waltzing into your life... right when you didn't expect it. Not to replace, just to continue. Until then, I'm sure Velvet will show up in very unlikely places. Out of the corner of your eye, you will see her sitting on the counter or sleeping on your bed. I believe they don't go far... just a little harder to see.

Nancyrb
November 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM
What you say is true. What a lovely thought. I see her in all her favorite places. I even felt I heard her purring as I awoke today. I will hold on to that thought. Thank you. I was here a couple of years ago when Velvet had a problem and then I drifted away. I remember how kind and helpful everyone was. I still had my "log on" in tack and in my grief returned. Now I know why!! Everyone has been where I am now and you so understand. Thank you.
Nancy

Ryan48
November 23rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
It's so hard for me to read this thread. I cry reading about everyone's loss. It hurts me to see you hurting. Just know that you gave her a beautiful life and she knew it.

Ryan

Nancyrb
November 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you ryan it helps when all these good people know how hard it is to say goodbye to a faithful, loving pet. I too cry when i read some of these testimonials. The love that flows here, at the pet forum, runs deep. Thank you and god bless you. Nancy

Love4himies
November 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
It is never easy to lose such a loved one, just so darn painful. :cry: :grouphug:

It will take some time, but the pain does subside and then perhaps another needy soul will come into your life, as Equla stated.

:rip: Velvet :candle:

14+kitties
November 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
:candle::rip: sweet Velvet :candle: You are very much missed.
Nancyrb - I share your pain. It never gets easier, no matter how many have gone before. :grouphug: Please take comfort in the fact that soon you will remember more good memories with Velvet than you do the bad ones. :grouphug:

CATBED IN THE SKY
I thought that you might like to know I got here safe and sound
Though you must feel rather strange not having me around;
Of course, I am not really gone, I've just moved out of sight,
And I don't need that old body, things had stopped working right.

Sometimes I'm sorely tempted, to pop back down and see,
Just how you are managing, without any help from me,
But I'm sure that you will understand I can't come back to stay,
Though I have it on good authority that we'll meet again some day.

The chow up here's delicious - Ambrosia brand, it's named,
Once you've tasted this stuff, Friskies won't taste the same,
And where do they get this nectar, which thick and creamy comes,
It's not like other dairy products cos it don't give me the runs.

I haven't found the litter tray, and THIS perplexes me,
That however much I wolf down, I never have to pee.
But there are other plus points, which cannot be ignored,
My claws have all come back again and there are drapes
here to be clawed.

Another little oddity, that leaves me quite astounded,
Underneath my tail end are two lumps, furry and rounded -
I can't remember having them, when I lived down there with you,
And up here, all I can say - I've not figured out their use.

Oh yes - I've got a comfy bed, just like mine down there at home,
So things here are quite adequate, I cannot gripe or groan;
But while I'm up here waiting, in my cat bed in the sky,
I'll regularly look in on you, and keep a watchful eye.

edwina
November 24th, 2009, 05:06 PM
:rip: Velvet :cry: