Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update: Jasper (previously known as Jasmine)

luckypenny
November 19th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Thought I'd share this wonderful update I received a few days ago :goodvibes:. Here's what her mom has to say about Jasper's progress:

Jasper continues to amaze me every day. She shows more and more of herself and is just really quite happy. She has become more vocal too, she whines with excitement, and even will sneeze and grunt when I ask her to sit in the middle of something fun. She'll do it, but tells me off at the same time! She is walking so much better on leash! I think she has only had one of her 'i'm too scared to walk' moments in the last 2 weeks. She is so much more confident and enjoys the walks, tail wagging the whole time. She has totally given up her crate it seems, it's still there, but she never goes in it and a kong of food won't get her in it at nite either, she prefers sleeping with me now. The cats are slowly returning to sleeping with me and most mornings i find myself squished by 3 animals. We travelled to Toronto again and she was so great! She wanted to be in her crate at times but was out hanging out in the room, no stress at all. She was beyond excited when we got home though, which as fun for me to see that she now thinks of it as her home.
Obedience class is going really well. The only command she doesn't do very well is down. That's okay. She has gotten great at leave it which is helpful with keeping her from chasing birds and squirrels. She now lets me clean her paws after walks, and one of her favorite things is being groomed. She loves it!! She now knows when I take her collar off, it's brushing time. She has no hesitation whatsoever with having the collar taken off or put on. She will hang out for almost an hour at my side being brushed. She even lets my friends brush her.
I had her at a friends today who has a large fenced property and she was beyond happy to be off leash and run like the wind. We even practice recalls and she came every time, even when the chicken and guinea fowl we taunting her. I love that she ran with me all over, and jumped around me wanting to play and engage me and have me chase her. My friend Sandra also just adopted a 6 year old lab who is just adorable and they have hit it off. So now she'll have a buddy to walk and hike with on a regular basis.
She plays with her toys constantly. Those squeaks are going all the time.

So that's the latest from our side. I love seeing her blossom!

And some recent pics too :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:.

rainbow
November 19th, 2009, 12:54 AM
What a wonderful update on Jasper (although I much prefer the name Jasmine) ....all your efforts certainly do pay off. :thumbs up

Could you ask her mom if she would like to adopt a sibe? ....cuz Logan hates to be brushed. :rolleyes:

luckypenny
November 19th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Well, she was considering adopting another dog at one point :D. I'll tell her about Logan.

Not!

rainbow
November 19th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid that Logan is a bit of a mommy's boy :o .......but, if she has an extra bedroom then I could come too. :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 19th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Great update, Jasper is a spoiled grrl :cloud9: :D & such cute pics :lovestruck:

Love4himies
November 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Awwww, I am so happy for her :thumbs up. Jasper is looking great.

14+kitties
November 19th, 2009, 08:02 AM
What a marvelous update! It just goes to show you all that work you put into her was not in vain. Jasper (I like Jasmine too) is gorgeous!! :grouphug: to you for all the work you do with needy pups!! :cloud9:

aslan
November 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Another example of what wonderful work you do LP... i prefer jasmine too. The update is wonderful as are the pics.:thumbs up

chico2
November 19th, 2009, 09:00 AM
awww LP,it must make feel so proud,thank's to your love and care,she now has a wonderful home:cloud9:
Jasper is a boys name,isn't?? Jasmine was a better name for her for sure,but it does not really matter,she's happy and loved:thumbs up

BMDLuver
November 19th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Hurray for Jasmin! refuse to call her Jasper, that's a boys name, sheesh....

Great job as usual LP!

Chris21711
November 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Fabulous update on Jasmine LP :cloud9:............:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
:goodvibes: :grouphug: What a wonderful life she's got, LP! :highfive:

ancientgirl
November 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
She's a beauty. :lovestruck:

Ryan48
November 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Beautiful baby! I love the coloring.

RM

luckypenny
November 19th, 2009, 10:16 PM
The name change was because her mom's friend's daughter is named Jasmine as well. It was done with Jasper in mind so as not to cause confusion.

I absolutely adore the second pic of her. I want to kiss all those freckles on her muzzle :cloud9:.

aslan
November 19th, 2009, 10:20 PM
i figure they can call her what they like, we'll just keep calling her jasmine,, just like my pupper fanny.

Frenchy
November 19th, 2009, 10:23 PM
WOW , Jasmine aka Jasper is doing good !!!! And , looks great :lovestruck: I'm so happy she's bonding with her new mommy :cloud9:

Marcha
November 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
What a gorgeous dog. What's the back story on this LP? Did you foster Jasmine?

luckypenny
November 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Yes Marcha, we fostered her. She was terrified of humans when she first arrived, not sure if she'd ever been exposed to many. Here's her original thread. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63691

Marcha
November 19th, 2009, 11:12 PM
That was a lovely topic to read LP - thanks! And it makes the update even more awesome!

Sylvie
November 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yea for Jasper

I love feedback from the new owners, makes rescue worthwhile. Obviously you did a great job. :thumbs up

TeriM
November 22nd, 2009, 02:57 AM
What a great update :thumbs up. Sounds like she found a perfect home to help expand on the great new start you gave her :lovestruck:.