Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

H1N1 AND a Sinus Infection

Smiley14
November 18th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I've been sick with both H1N1 and a sinus infection. Not fun! I'm finally starting to feel a little better, but still don't have my energy or strength back yet. I'm trying to build myself back up to a whole work day too. I can't believe how weak it makes you! I actually thought it was better than a normal flu though, LOL, because my stomach was just fine. I actually felt almost normal, except for feeling like I had a bad cold, when I was just laying in bed. It was when I tried to move that I could feel the symtoms. Started out with a sore throat, then stuffy nose and cough, then mild body aches and chills for two days and a low grade fever. Then my fever shot up to 103 for about 6 days in a row and the congestion turned into a sinus infection. UGH, that was the worst part I think. The flu part was fairly mild, except for the fever. The body aches turned into body pain and joint pain, that was weird. I'm still tired and sore and weak, but getting back onto my feet now and was able to do 4 hours at work today. So I'm crawling back to the real world! :) I will say, with so much time on my hands and not being good with sitting still, I watched all 6 Star Wars movies, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and several other series DVD's that I have that I haven't seen in a long time. It was all I could do to make the time pass since I was bored out of my mind in bed, but not really able to get up to do anything. I'm still fighing the sinus infection, on round two of antibiotics. :( I hope something kills this thing soon, it doesn't want to go away. I've had two sinus surgeries previously and this is one of the worst I've ever had. At least the doggies loved having me home for two weeks, LOL!

luckypenny
November 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Aw Smiley, it's good to hear you're feeling a bit better. Did you have anyone to help take care of you? I hope you get to feeling 100% really soon :goodvibes:.

rainbow
November 19th, 2009, 01:08 AM
That didn't sound like fun at all :grouphug: ....glad that you are feeling better now. :thumbs up

PB & J must have been in heaven with mommy home. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
November 19th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I'm glad you're starting to feel better :grouphug: :goodvibes: speedy healing

aslan
November 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM
aaaaaw Smiley14 i feel your pain, I too am just gettin over the evil flu. Mine went the opposite way tho and the infection is in my chest. You didn't get the nausea, you are sooooo lucky. LOL, i never thought of watching movies i would be set up for months. Glad you're feeling better.

hazelrunpack
November 19th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hope you're 100% again soon :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
November 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Oy, that's terrible. I'm glad you are finally starting to feel better. H1N1 is a scary one.

Luvmypitgirls
November 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear you caught the dreaded H1N1! :sick:
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!:D

Dog Dancer
November 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Sure hope you are back on your feet 100% quickly. It sucks being sick like that.

Smiley14
November 19th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys!! Can't seem to shake that weak feeling quite yet, but am getting better a little more each day!

Frenchy
November 19th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Sorry about that smiley14 :grouphug: speedy recovery ! :goodvibes: