Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Molly Update & 2 more sleeps

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Mom....it's been a while since all my friends have seen my purdie face. I'm big enough now to eat grass! :eek:

Mom...can you PWEASE show all my friends my profile picture...:cloud9:

Better yet....can you PWEASE shown them all how I pick on Gryphon....:D :D

Frenchy
November 17th, 2009, 10:10 PM
she looks like an overgrown puppy :laughing: too cute as always :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 10:14 PM
MOM...did you tell all my friends I know how to fly like a reindeer?
I can spring up and out 5 feet from the porch now! :eek:

Come on Gryphon, I PROMISE....I won't bug you if you just let me have my sleeps with you...PWEASE!

O.K. Gryphon, I love you so much, I'll leave you alone and go to my bed!

The End! :cloud9: :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM
she looks like an overgrown puppy :laughing: too cute as always :lovestruck:

Thanks Frenchy. She really does have gangly legs but man can she bounce, spring and fly off the porch. She totally clears Gryphon when he's walking down the steps normally. It's way too funny! :laughing: :laughing:

Oh Crap! I just realized I spelled her name wrong in the title! :yell: :yell: DUH! :wall:

Frenchy
November 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
yep , she's not a pup anymore but not yet an adult , she's a teenager :eek: :eek: :eek:

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, my! She's growing so fast! :eek: She's almost as long as Gryphon! They change so quickly at that age!

Look at those waves!!! :flirt: What a doll, klm!

Is she still spending time stalking Kitty, or has that game gotten old? :D

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 10:29 PM
O.K. so the 2 more sleeps is because MOLLIE :D is scheduled for her snips on Thursday. She's five & 1/2 months old. Is this too young or is this an o.k. age for being spayed? :shrug:

It was almost 14 years ago when we had our Bailey girl done and 5 for Gryphon but, he's a boy and also had an undescended testicle. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
5 1/2 is probably okay, although we prefer to wait longer. I know they do spays much younger than that in some dogs. But right around 6 months, give or take a few weeks, is probably the most common time for a spay...

:goodvibes: for Mollie's surgery and :grouphug:s for you, having to keep her quiet afterward. :o

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Is she still spending time stalking Kitty, or has that game gotten old? :D

Oh no...Kitty stalking is still very active in our house! :D :D Mollie is officially a pure, professional, puddy cat pointer! :D :D :D

Kitty's good and that she'll just bounce up to the top of the couch and stare down at Mollie. Mollie now knows that the couch is off limits so she just sits and stares up at Kitty! :clown: :clown: Either way, Mollie isn't attacking Kitty and Kitty doesn't really care enough about Mollie. :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Good girl, Mollie! :D

luckypenny
November 17th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Come on Gryphon, I PROMISE....I won't bug you if you just let me have my sleeps with you...PWEASE!

She won't bug him while she has her sleeps :D.

I love that pic of the two of them :cloud9:.

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM
She won't bug him while she has her sleeps :D.

I love that pic of the two of them :cloud9:.

It's funny LP..she does bug him while she's sleeping. :crazy:

Sometimes she'll curl up to him with her back feet facing his head and while dreaming, she'll kick him in the head. :pawprint: :pawprint:

He's such a good boy and doesn't pay any attention to it. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Cole does that to hazel all the time! :o :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Cole does that to hazel all the time! :o :laughing:

So does this mean that Hazel is a good person and doesn't pay any attention to it either? :D 59962 59962

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Actually, the force of her head hitting the wall when he kicks is enough to knock her out...so she doesn't usually say too much about it! :o :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee
November 17th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Actually, the force of her head hitting the wall when he kicks is enough to knock her out...so she doesn't usually say too much about it! :o :laughing:

Is this Madame or Hazel talking? :D :D

rainbow
November 18th, 2009, 01:04 AM
LOL ...love the pic of her flying off the porch :D and her long gangly legs. :lovestruck:

The pic of her and Gryph sleeping together is so sweet. :cloud9:

Ryan48
November 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Aww, so cute.

RM

growler~GateKeeper
November 18th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Aww Mollie is getting so big now :lovestruck: love the wavy tail fur :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
November 19th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Mollie's home and resting o.k. :sick:

She's been shivering a bit and threw up once this evening. :confused:

She's not paying any attention to Gryphon or Kitty but it's been a challenge to keep Gryphon away from her. :frustrated:

She's all curled up next to me laying on a blanket and I have a blanket over top of her. I took the HBO receiver (E-collar) off of her for now so she's having quite a snooze and sawing logs. :)

She's normally not crated at night but I think I'll take her crate up to our bedroom tonight so Gryphon can't get at her. Poor girl. :sad:

hazelrunpack
November 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
The first few days are the worst--she'll really play the sympathy card. But she'll be okay. Watch the incision for redness or oozing and keep her as quiet as you can. If you can't be with her, use the cone--once it starts itching, she'll want to lick. Give her a gentle hug from hazel :grouphug:

Did they send her home with some pain meds?

Dee-O-Gee
November 21st, 2009, 12:10 AM
The first few days are the worst--she'll really play the sympathy card. But she'll be okay. Watch the incision for redness or oozing and keep her as quiet as you can. If you can't be with her, use the cone--once it starts itching, she'll want to lick. Give her a gentle hug from hazel :grouphug:

Did they send her home with some pain meds?

She was rather comical today with the e-collar :laughing: :laughing: It doesn't bother her any and she was pretending to be a vacuum with her nose on the hardwood floors covered with a cylindrical tube snouting around. Her spirits were much better today.

She's on Rimadyl for 4 days, (well 3 more days to go). She has been very bouncy, jumpy and back to her normal self but we've been very stringent with her excitements and trying to keep her in a calm state. :yell:

rainbow
November 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Why is she on Rimadyl? :confused:

hazelrunpack
November 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM
We've had Rimadyl prescribed post-surgery for pain, too, rainbow. At low doses for short periods of time our setters, at least, seem to tolerate it quite well.

:goodvibes: for Molly's quick recovery. You think she's funny in her cone, eh, klm? Wait till she starts goring you in the back of the legs with it! :laughing: :eek: Owie!!!!

TeriM
November 22nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
I love watching her new spots emerge in each new set of pictures :lovestruck:. Molly is a very pretty girl and Gryphon is soooooo very patient :laughing: :lovestruck:.

Glad the spay went well, hope she continues to heal super quick :goodvibes:.