Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anniversary of Buddy 2 years already

budboybudboy77
November 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi its been awhile , we came here for help with Buddy back in 2007 and he passed away Nov 27 2007.His 2 year anniversary is coming up and still think about him everyday. We have alot of his pictures in frames in different areas of our house.
Our other golden (Shaker) keeps us busy he just turned 2.
I wonder if this is a stupid question bur here goes , after all this time I still have a hard time with Buddies death and still can't seem to put his picture on my desktop, is this normal?

Anyways hope to hear from all again glad to be back.
Thks

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Everyone grieves differently, budboybudboy77. There's no 'normal' just what's right for you. Give yourself time and concentrate on happy memories. The healing will come. :grouphug:

Shaker must keep you smiling. :D Hard to believe it's already been 2 years!

Frenchy
November 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I wonder if this is a stupid question bur here goes , after all this time I still have a hard time with Buddies death and still can't seem to put his picture on my desktop, is this normal?

Hazel's right , everybody's different. I kept Sam's pic on my desktop for a whole year after he past away. Then I was ok with replacing the desktop picture with the one of CHloe , how had died a few months before. And she will stay there for a year, it's her turn.

If you can't bring yourself to do it , you don't have too ! You have Buddy in your hearth , the best place there is.

Winston
November 17th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Awe! has it been almost 2yrs already! It goes by so quickly! He is in your heart and thats all that matters really! you pay him tribute every time you mention him! Do you have a picture of him you may like to share with us? it may make you feel good! I remember his pics so well but we have many newbies here who probably dont know the story of your precious boy!

:candle:

Cindy

budboybudboy77
November 18th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Thks everyone for the replies ,I will always keep Buddy in my heart , we worked so hard (him and us) to help him with his cancer ,alot of people thought we were just plain stupid but I didn't care I was there for Buddy no matter what.
This site(forum) really understands these situations and how we deal with them and that is why I like coming on here, we don't know each other personally but we are all friends because of our pets!
Buddy pic soon.

budboybudboy77
November 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Here are a few pics for Buddy's 2nd anniversary tomorrow Enjoy! I still miss him alot brings back some great memories.

BenMax
November 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
He certainly is gorgeous. I lost my Rottie 2 years ago and I still cannot look at his picture. I think of him everyday and I miss him more as time passes. After about 6 years I have mounted a picture that I had of my GSD that passed away 7 years ago. I can now look at him and smile as there were so many great memories.

We all deal with our grief differently. I know that I never get over it and looking at pictures do not make me feel better - but that is just me.

It is so hard to love and loose, but I keep doing it as it gives me such comfort knowing that I do infact know and understand love on so many levels. I do have other dogs now, whom I love for who they are and not to replace that love I have for my other two. But - it is the same kind of love and I know that both Ben and Max would want me to remember them fondly by taking others in need.

Winston
November 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you so much BudboyBudboy77! for posting Buddy's pic! He certainly was a gorgeous doggy! I think that as time passes you will be able to deal with Buddy's passing more easily. Having said that buddy certainly has a BIG piece of your heart and will never be forgotten! and rightly so!

Seeing his picture today brought a smile to my face because I remember the difficult time you had when your Buddy left for the Rainbow Bridge!

Again thank you for posting the picture! and it is a really nice way to honor Buddy!

Cheers

Cindy

budboybudboy77
November 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Thks for the replies, I am in the exact same motion(s) as you BenMax and Winston just as you described. I can look at Buddy's pictures but have a hard time when I do, I do think about him everyday . I have a hard time after 2 years to mount a picture of him on my desktop ,or right in front of me, just too hard at this time.
We have pictures of Buddy in places around the house where if I am feeling down I look at him and I get a smile of what I did for him and what he did for us everyday- make us happy!

I am pleased Winston that Buddy brought a smile to your face and it is a nice way to honor Buddy in pictures Thks If you want more I can post.

Thks

budboybudboy77
November 27th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Well ,another year gone by and today is the 3rd anniversary of my Buddy boys passing from cancer and just wanted to say Thanks for all the great memories Buddy ,think about you everyday.
Still have a hard time with it sometimes but have pictures of him here and there in the house and I never get tired of looking at him. Thks to all that helped when Buddy was sick.
R.I.P Bud :rip:
:angel:

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Another year has come and gone...wow 3 already! I so feel your pain everytime you have a moment of rememberance for your boy!! Some animals touch our hearts in amazing ways! and even though I never knew your boy that time in his life touched mine profoundly....and he was such a beautiful boy.

RIP sweet boy.....
:candle:

Love4himies
November 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Yes, everybody grieves differently :grouphug:. My Snowball passed away Dec 5, 2005 and I am still not over loosing him.

BenMax
November 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Thinking of you and wishing you peace and strength.:grouphug:. Don't forget, though he is not with you in presence, you carry him with you in the most beautiful way...your heart.:grouphug:

budboybudboy77
November 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Thks for all the kind replies.