Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animal Communicators

kathryn
November 16th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on 'animal communicators'. At my job at the pet store, one of our regular customers is a world renowned communicator/spiritual person or whatever you want to put it. Her name is Dr. Liz Severino and since she is friends with the owner of my store (Bill) she has been coming in every few weeks and doing a few hours of sessions for customers.

Now, honestly I am not a very spiritual or religious person. I'm quite the scientific person, i.e. if there's not enough evidence for me to believe in something, I don't. I guess it kind of sucks that I don't have an open mind towards that sort of stuff, but whatever.

Anyways, Since Timmy passed away a few days ago, I was thinking of just going and having a session with her and hoping maybe it would help? :shrug: I don't want to go in with a negative attitude, but I also don't want to be a sucker and fall for everything she says.

I've heard nothing but positive reviews from her, and I mean I already have to go to work that day anyways so I was thinking I might as well go and see what she has to say. It's 30$ for a 10 minute session (:eek:) but I dunno, if it can help make me feel better about loosing Timmy I think it's worth it.

My coworkers, shelter friends and just various people have all had great things to say about her. She is local and even if the whole physic thing is a fake, she still is a really nice woman and just getting to talk to someone who will listen would be nice.

http://elizabethseverino.com/welcome.html

Opinions?

sugarcatmom
November 16th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Liz is pretty famous in the animal communication world, you're lucky to have such direct access to her! Like you, I tended to be rather sceptical about this sort of thing, but I've since heard from people I know about how amazing their experiences were with communicators and how it really helped to resolve some issues. I've never personally tried it but I think it would be very interesting to try it. I say go for it! One thing I've heard though (maybe it depends on the communicator), is that it's sometimes not possible to pick up a connection with recently deceased animals. That might be something you can ask Liz about before committing to the session.

kathryn
November 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks SCM... Other employees where I work have taken their animals to see her and told me great things. She apparently revealed a secret to my boss that only he really knew. I was told this by another employee. His one dog is a big baby and I can't really describe this on here too well, but she told me how he brought in just her collar and she said something only he knew.

I might as well give it a go. I'll just end up wasting the $30 some other way anyhow... any relief over this situation would be great.

JanM
November 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I vote for having a session with her. I've done Animal Communications myself and have had communicators work with all of my animals - working with my own animals is something like a surgeon operating on one of their own kids - too many emotions involved!

Animal Communicators can and do connect with recently deceased animals - I just did one session a couple of days ago.

I am pretty sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

Frenchy
November 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm a pessimist .... I think these people will tell you what YOU want to hear.

But like anything else , you'll have to try it and see what YOU think of it.

kathryn
November 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I'm a pessimist .... I think these people will tell you what YOU want to hear.

But like anything else , you'll have to try it and see what YOU think of it.

That's what I was thinking.... and why my mom doesn't care to see her. I was thinking to myself, that well if all she did was say crappy things to people she'd be out of business. At the same time, I really WOULD like to hear that Timmy is okay... I would not want to go there and her say my cat is suffering horribly or something..

I'm not sure what to expect. $30 is alot of money for such a short session, but if in the long run it helps bring some relief to me over my cat, I think that 30$ is more then worth it.

kathryn
November 21st, 2009, 12:57 PM
I just got back from my session with Dr. Liz. She said what you guys were saying about how it was recent and she couldn't get too much from him. She said he was in a transition right now and she wasn't really able to I guess get a good connection with him...

She did say a few key things though that I mean, didn't WOW me but made me very curious. She was kinda more focusing on me as apposed to him.. again because I think she couldn't pick up too much from him she was letting me know what Timmy thought of me.

She immediately said, without me even mentioning anything other then he recently passed away, she sense infection and fever. That's exactly how Timmy died was from the infection. She went on to say that Timmy wanted me to know that he was born like this, and kinda said how it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I mean, she could be really good at guessing.. but I dunno. She did right away mention about how soon it was and he was crossing over but it didn't seem like she was saying that to cover her butt incase she got something wrong.

Well after she mentioned dying from infection and being born with issues without me saying anything, she went on to tell me what Timmy had to say about me.

I don't really like having to talk about myself, if that makes sense, or take credit for stuff. She said Timmy said that he saw alot of good qualities in me. He said that I am someone who takes actions for when things need to be done and I follow through. He said I don't just sit bye and watch bad things happen. She asked if this was true and I said it sounds like what all the adults always tell me.

Umm then after that I asked a question, kinda the only thing I cared about... I asked her if Timmy understood I did all this stuff for his best interest and I wasn't trying to torture him. She took a minute to try and word it properly and said Timmy did understand that everything was to try and help him. She said that he knew he wasn't born right and that his body had failed him and eventually he was going to drop his body. She said that because being sick was all he really ever knew and never got the chance to experience a normal life that he's going to eventually come back to me in a healthier body.

The only part that really made me feel like this lady is for real is when she demonstrated how I used to hold Timmy and kiss his forehead. Now THAT is something people really don't just make up. She explained how it was comforting to him when I would hold him like that. She seemed to know about that and was totally right on about how she explained it. That was one thing we always used to do but was sort of a private thing between me and Timmy.. I never held him like that except when we were at home or when we were at the shelter.

I think it was how confidently she said it.. she didn't ask anything like 'did you use to hold timmy like a baby?'... she just flat out crossed her arms and looked down the same way I used to look at Timmy and said he loved when I did that... and when I kissed his forehead.

So I guess once Timmy has time to cross over I will go back and have another visit with her. I really didn't give too much information away to feel like a sucker. She just asked for enough details of him to I guess 'find' him, but more or less just went on for about 3-4 minutes of telling me what Timmy has to say without me telling her anymore details.

So, just wanted to let you guys know how it went. I feel it was worth the time and money and would say that I will be going back to her.. not even for just Timmy but even for help with my other cats.

quincymycat
November 21st, 2009, 01:07 PM
I am so happy it was a good experience for you Kathryn. I looked at he site you posted previously for her and I did not get the feeling she was a "con" in the way some people are.
I do believe that there are those who can be sensitive to those who have passed over, whether it be human or animal.
I hope your next experience with her will bring you closer to Timmy:cat:

sugarcatmom
November 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the update, kathryn. I find this subject quite fascinating and I'm glad your experience with Liz was positive. As with any profession, some people are better at it than others, and there are definitely con-artists within the animal communication field, but Liz is the real deal. I've heard too many good things about her for it to be a fraud.

My scepticism about this sort of "communicating" lessened when I heard it compared to radio waves. We can't see them, and you don't know they're there unless you're tuned in to the right "station", but nobody in our modern world would deny their existence. With animal communicators, they just know how to dial up the correct station to pick up these particular wavelengths.

Equla
November 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Little late in putting my two cents in, but...

I also post on a pitty forum and there is a girl on there that is practicing animal communication. She has us post pics of our babies and things we want to ask. The coolest part is since she is just getting started, she asked for us to ask a couple of verfiable questions. Things only a parent would know and can't be guessed. Like, I asked what my pitty's favorite toy is (totally obvious to me and very specific), and where we got Miko, our Chi, from, or maybe WHO got him.

I just posted my pics and questions last night, so I don't think she would have gotten back to me yet. However, the people who are getting the readings are posting the results in the thread with some amazing things to say. Things like the dog "showing" her that teeth were missing from his mouth or that his leg hurt when there was arthritis already diagnosed.

I was a skeptic, but I'm highly intrigued at this point. Since we are brought up to believe this kind of thing is hogwash we are inclined to think she was just getting lucky at a guess or is picking up on subtle clues we are giving her while we are talking. I will say that a lot of things being said could be very generic, but that doesn't make them any less true.

IMO, if something conclusive is said such as what caused the death or even an odd favorite napping spot, I would say believe the majority of whatever else is said. Some things can't be guessed.

In the end, there are so many things in this world that we can't explain. I could cite studies done by NASA where they had a rocket go to the other side of the moon and have the astronauts look at pictures and communicate that to psychics on the ground. The results are pretty freaky.

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to post a link to the other forum where the lady is practicing animal communication? She's just learning, but so far I think she's pretty good.