Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

interested in becoming a vet

avesmay
August 24th, 2004, 06:02 AM
hi there. i just want to know what are the qualifications to become a vet. i only know that there is only one university in malaysia which is UPM that offers veterinary medicine. therefore ,i would like to know if there are any other prestigious foreign universities that offer vet med too. thanks a lot!! :)

debanneball
August 24th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Great Britian....

badger
August 24th, 2004, 06:58 AM
If you have access to the Internet, that's all you need. Start clicking, there are good schools everywhere. Good luck!

avesmay
August 26th, 2004, 07:41 AM
i have found quite a no of uni but i want to know which are the good ones as i'm afraid not many offer qualified courses. does anyone know which one for sure? well- known ones maybe? :confused:

SSAC
August 26th, 2004, 11:08 AM
In the u.k -The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (absolutley ace school)
In Ontario Canada -University of Guelph (most popular)

Entrance into Guelph requires a 2yr undergrad course, work experiance with large animals, small animals, research helps :( . You have 5 "tries" to "get in", then you can't apply anymore. (to Guelph) . This may have changed since I last looked into it.

I don't know the entrance requirements for RCVS, but a friend of mine states that it's one of the best.

Good luck, hope you becaome a great vet! :D

avesmay
August 27th, 2004, 05:36 AM
thanks for the infomation. it really helps a lot as i dont have many friends studying overseas.

hehe, that is one thing i can promise ya for sure. i'll be a good vet ;)

if anyone has any other recommendations, pls do let me knw ya! i'll be grateful for all the help i can get here! :)