Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Eating Grass for 5 mins straight!!

Freyja
August 24th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Hi!! For those of you still up.
Lindy was sniffing around inside under the dining room table, she sneezed and then coughed a couple of times, she ran downstairs so I sent her outside to go pee and she started eating the grass and hasn't stopped for over 5 mins. She has never done this before!! I know cats will eat grass and then throw up, is she trying to make herself hurl up something she ate?

Iggette
August 24th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Yes dogs do that as well, My girlfriends dog is weird when he gets excited he eats grass real wierd looking cause he is barking and gobbling at the same time funny to watch

chico2
August 24th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Don't worry,I think he just wanted a salad AFTER his meal,like it's eaten in many places in Europe :D

mastifflover
August 24th, 2004, 09:39 AM
They eat grass because it helps there digestion or if ther stomachs are upset they will eat it as well. My guy just likes to graze.

Beautygirl
August 24th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Some dogs will eat grass if they aren't getting enough fibre in their diets. For some dogs it does become a Pica (I think that's the right term that they crave things that isn't food). I'm guessing that your dog is just eating it to help settle the tummy. It's funny because I've always heard the elderly people here say that if a dog eats grass it's going to rain. :D

Freyja
August 24th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Well it has been raining for days!!
She stopped eventually, I can't find any evidence of hurling. She peed downstairs again :mad: urgh!!!!!

debanneball
August 24th, 2004, 01:47 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :p

Catt31
August 24th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I wish it would stop raining....its soooooooooooo cold!!! BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Brick eats grass too, supposed to settle their stomach if its upset!! That doesn't surprise me since he is a "Houdini" and manages to get the garbage out of the cupboard all the time!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!

iRONKNiGHT
August 24th, 2004, 02:14 PM
My guy just likes to graze.
That's a FUNNY Quote :)

glasslass
August 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Den-Den hates getting his feet wet when it's rained or the sprinklers have been on. He walks all along the mowing strip like on a balancing beam. Can you tell I've been watching the Olympics?