Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Morning run

Gail P
November 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Just a few pics from the other morning. They sure do have a great time tearing around the fields :)

Gail P
November 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
A few more of Blaze.

Bailey_
November 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM
:lovestruck: I love Blaze's ears in the second picture of the first set. He's getting so big!

Looks like a fun morning had by all!!

TwinTails
November 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Gorgeous! How old is Blaze now? :cloud9:

JanM
November 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
They're sure having a blast! Looks like great fun for all :D

Gail P
November 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Gorgeous! How old is Blaze now? :cloud9:

Blaze will be 4 months old on Monday.

The morning run is part of our daily routine. I used to take all the dogs out twice daily while doing chores, but since they run through the horses fields (and sometimes close to the horses), I've changed up the routine while Blaze is little to keep him safe. Now I go out alone first to feed the horses and shut them into a smaller area and then take the dogs out for their run. Next we head over to the chicken coop to do the rest of the chores then back up to the house and into the back yard to do the daily clean-up and let the mud on the dogs dry a bit before we go back inside. Once I'm done in the yard I go back to the horses and let them out of their smaller area. At first the other dogs were missing their evening run but they've adjusted. Anyhow, most of them are getting harnessed up and putting in 4-5 mile training runs a few times a week now that we're into the cool fall weather.

hazelrunpack
November 14th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Nothing happier than a running dog! :cloud9:

Blaze is putting on some nice leg :thumbs up and he always has such a great smile on his face! :flirt:

My Lodi Girl
November 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Beautiful pictures and babies! I would love to live in the country. :cloud9: You are very lucky!

luckypenny
November 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
At first the other dogs....

Do you take them out in separate groups?

Nothing like watching the glee on dogs faces when they run :cloud9:! Can't wait to see more pics of them in their harnesses :goodvibes:.

Gail P
November 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Blaze is putting on some nice leg :thumbs up
How's this for leg? :p In the last one he looks really gawky, partly from the camera angle, partly just the age he's at. He is actually a really nicely put together pup, we're expecting he'll make a fantastic addition to the team.

Do you take them out in separate groups?

No, I take them all out together every morning to run and play in the fields. When I said the "other dogs" I was referring to everyone other than Blaze, who were all used to going out for playtime/chores twice daily. With a new pup I always tend to be cautious around the horses (make sure the horses are shut away in a smaller area before letting the dogs out into the fields). Unless I go out shifting horses around twice daily it means the older dogs are cut back to the morning only playtime now. I could just leave Blaze in the backyard I suppose, but some of the others would probably end up out the door with him and be left behind anyhow. Once winter comes the horses go up into the trees every night where they're well out of the dogs way, plus Blaze will be getting bigger so I'll start taking them all out twice daily again. Also, once I put in my dogsled trail the dogs like stick to the trail to run around on since it's hard packed, rather than floundering through deep snow. They're much less likely then to go bothering horses that are out of sight anyhow.

chico2
November 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Aww Gail you are so lucky living where you are,horses,dogs and chickens sounds like paradize:thumbs up
How many dogs do you have now 6 or 7,they all look beautiful,especially little Blaze of course:lovestruck:

Gail P
November 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Aww Gail you are so lucky living where you are,horses,dogs and chickens sounds like paradize:thumbs up
How many dogs do you have now 6 or 7,they all look beautiful,especially little Blaze of course:lovestruck:
6 or 7? Ummm...no. I have 8 (Noah, Lightning, Thunder, Flash, Rain, Storm, Flurry and Dru) my daughter has Blaze and my husband has his beagle, Shorty. Then there's the horses, chickens, ducks, peacock, turkeys seasonally... :p And of course Funny Bunny, Cutie-Pie the fat cat, our budgie and our fish. Crazy huh? :crazy:

chico2
November 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah,I would say so:laughing:but what a great life:thumbs up

Ryan48
November 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
They are so pretty! I just love watching dogs run and enjoy themselves. I was just telling hub that I could easily move deeper into a country area and get lost with my animals. Sadly, who can make a move now. Sigh.
Love seeing your BC's, and I didn't know you had a collie, so beautiful!

RM

rainbow
November 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Your puppers are all gorgeous :lovestruck: and love the action shots. :cloud9:

Frenchy
November 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
They always look like they're having so much fun ! :cloud9: