Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Love This

rainbow
November 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I know most of you have likely seen this as many time as I have but it's one thing I don't mind watching over again.

We all must never forget .....

http://www.canadaka.net/video/18-a-pittance-of-time.html

luckypenny
November 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you Rainbow; it's my first time seeing this video.

Remembering those who put their lives in harm's way, and those who have sacrificed their lives so that we may live ours in freedom. Also remembering families who suffered the loss of their loved ones.

May we never forget.

pbpatti
November 11th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Thank you for posting this memorable video,

Lest we forget,
Lest we forget.

chico2
November 11th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Rainbow,both hubby and I watched it,thank you,I've never seen it before..

I remember last year,I was in the grocery-store,just like the video,the announcement came on,but I thought I was the only one standing quietly,until a big lug of a man came up to me,gave me a hug and thanked me.
I'll never forget that..

14+kitties
November 11th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Today at work we observed the two minutes of silence. Our manager announced that all employees would be observing it and asked the customers to join in. I was cashing in a customer at that time. We stopped. The customer in line behind her asked how long it was going to take to finish her order. I just looked at her. She left and got something else and then came back to the line. She asked again how long it was going to be. I put my finger to my lips, frowned, and turned my back on her. Rude, maybe. I didn't care.
She was not Canadian born but she lives here now. It would be nice to observe some of our traditions. Especially one as important as our precious two minutes of time. My brother was in the Armed Forces for 27 years. He saw peacekeeping duties a few times. He fought no wars but he did his part.
Thank you rainbow for sharing the video. It was amazing. :grouphug::ca:

ancientgirl
November 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Very nice. It's so important to remember those who have fought and are currently fighting in the armed forces. These people sacrifice so much of themselves for us.

My Lodi Girl
November 11th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I come from a military family, past and present, and tributes like this always touch my heart. Thank you for posting it Rainbow.

Frenchy
November 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I was thought at an early age to do this , take a minute of silence at 11 am. They made us do it at school , every year. And I always did it , ever since. I'm always surprise to see people at work , won't do it , they don't even think about it ! I think it's the least we can do , for so many of them who gave up their lives . :sad:

:candle:

rainbow
November 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I am surprised that lots of you haven't seen it before .....I get the email forwarded to me every year and it touches my heart every time. We owe so much to all the men and women that gave us the freedom we have today.

Rainbow,both hubby and I watched it,thank you,I've never seen it before..

I remember last year,I was in the grocery-store,just like the video,the announcement came on,but I thought I was the only one standing quietly,until a big lug of a man came up to me,gave me a hug and thanked me.
I'll never forget that..

I have never been in a store that has announced the two minute tribute and thank you for making the big lug's day. :thumbs up

Today at work we observed the two minutes of silence. Our manager announced that all employees would be observing it and asked the customers to join in. I was cashing in a customer at that time. We stopped. The customer in line behind her asked how long it was going to take to finish her order. I just looked at her. She left and got something else and then came back to the line. She asked again how long it was going to be. I put my finger to my lips, frowned, and turned my back on her. Rude, maybe. I didn't care.
She was not Canadian born but she lives here now. It would be nice to observe some of our traditions. Especially one as important as our precious two minutes of time. My brother was in the Armed Forces for 27 years. He saw peacekeeping duties a few times. He fought no wars but he did his part.
Thank you rainbow for sharing the video. It was amazing. :grouphug::ca:

WOW ....shame on her :sad: and thank you for putting up with her ignorance. :grouphug:

I wonder if she came from a country that others have tried to liberate? :rolleyes: