Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I wanna.....

Luvmypitgirls
November 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Put up my Christmas decorations! Hubby says it's too early, but I'm really looking forward to decorating the new house. With everything that's been going on with my son and his health issues, the move, fixing up the old house and such, I just wanna dive into my christmas stuff.
It relaxes me and I have such fun doing it.
But hubby is being a big partypooper, he says I hafta wait till at least Dec 1 at the earliest :sad:
49 days till Christmas...seriously is it too early to get into the festive mood? :shrug:

diandpat
November 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
We have seen odds and ends of Christmas decorations around her since Halloween...some folks even have their lights on!!!!

Decorate away...November is so dark and dismal. Every little bit helps :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
November 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
My hubby asked me on Nov. 1 when I was putting up the Christmas decorations. I had to tell him to wait a week or two. I think we'll do the outdoor lights when the weather is dry again, but we don't turn them on until Dec. 1. Indoors I want to wait a bit just because it's always harder with the dogs when the decor goes up. But I say if you want to put them up now you should. I saw a tree up in somebody's window the other night when I was out with the dogs.

luckypenny
November 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
It relaxes me and I have such fun doing it.

Then by all means, go ahead :thumbs up. I'd only worry if you had the urge to start in June :D.

Big :grouphug:s to you LMP!

Luvmypitgirls
November 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I already have my outside lights up...took advantage of the Chinook, instead of being on a high pitched roof when it's icy and minus 20.
I won't turn them on till Dec 1st.
I just thought decorating the inside might "perk" up everyone's spirits.
Hubby's probably right...maybe it's too early:shrug:

Dog Dancer
November 6th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Just start slowly then, a few knick knacks here and there - sort of inconspicously placed for you to see. A couple today, a couple tomorrow... Tell everyone it's the Christmas fairy doing it at night. Be happy! If you want to do it, doooit! Life is too short to put off anything that makes you happy girl.

Shaykeija
November 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I am putting mine up this week end..PTHTPPP to my husband. He said it is to early, but the day he does it by himself(like I do) that is the day he can put the stuff up any day he wants..lol

Magicwildwolf69
November 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
i wanna wanna tooo my hubby won't let me...i'm there with you with a lot happening at once. we go to so many drs for my hubby's kidneys right now and trying to find a new place to live and work is upping my hours (yay) i'm a whirl wind but they are going up after thanksgiving darn it!

rainbow
November 7th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I remember seeing pics of the tree you put up last year :cloud9: ....if I did a job like that I would have had to start by now. :D

I like Dog Dancer's idea as that would be a good compromise if your hubby insists it's too early. :thumbs up

chico2
November 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Aww LMPG,you are just like my hubby,he too would put his deers and lights outside already,he loves his deers now we even have Straw for the deers(the fake ones),but he'll have to wait,at least until the first week of december:laughing:

Chaser
November 7th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I say go for it! :thumbs up Yay Christmas! :D

Luvmypitgirls
November 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I am putting mine up this week end..PTHTPPP to my husband. He said it is to early, but the day he does it by himself(like I do) that is the day he can put the stuff up any day he wants..lol

I do all the decorating by myself too, I hate to think of what it would look like if I left it to the "men" in the house lol! This weekend eh? Well girl, I think I'm gonna join ya!:D So when I'm hanging garland I'll be thinkin of ya!

i wanna wanna tooo my hubby won't let me...i'm there with you with a lot happening at once. we go to so many drs for my hubby's kidneys right now and trying to find a new place to live and work is upping my hours (yay) i'm a whirl wind but they are going up after thanksgiving darn it!

Gosh and I thought my life was chaotic! My thoughts are with you and your hubby. I also hope you find a new place to live soon. You definately are a whirl wind, but I hope things settle down for you.

I remember seeing pics of the tree you put up last year :cloud9: ....if I did a job like that I would have had to start by now. :D

I like Dog Dancer's idea as that would be a good compromise if your hubby insists it's too early. :thumbs up

Yes I like Dog Dancer's idea as well, :D, tried to add it to this multi quote, guess I clicked too many, cuz it doesn't show. Tonight I am putting up some of my snowmen (I am a snowman addict:o) The tree is going up Sunday come hell or high water dangnabbit. If hubby don't like it, well he can stay in the basement till Dec.1st. I'll add the snowmen a few a day, here and there, and then add the other decorations between now and the 1st.

I say go for it! :thumbs up Yay Christmas! :D

Amen! Yay Christmas!:cloud9:

rainbow
November 7th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yes I like Dog Dancer's idea as well, :D, tried to add it to this multi quote, guess I clicked too many, cuz it doesn't show. Tonight I am putting up some of my snowmen (I am a snowman addict:o) The tree is going up Sunday come hell or high water dangnabbit. If hubby don't like it, well he can stay in the basement till Dec.1st. I'll add the snowmen a few a day, here and there, and then add the other decorations between now and the 1st.

I am so looking forward to your pics when it's all done. :cloud9: :goodvibes:

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I am so looking forward to your pics when it's all done. :cloud9: :goodvibes:

:sad: Man...I'm bad with the pic thing. I still haven't gotten pics up of our new house, I haven't posted pics of the dogs in forever :o

OK, gonna take a *****load of pics over the next few days.

Did some Christmas shopping today...hubby came with me and it was a pleasant day. We made an agreement last night that I would wait to put up the tree until someone else on our street did theirs. Well guess what! The lady across the street from us ...PUT UP HER TREE TODAY!:D I WIN..I WIN!:D

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm still contemplating putting up a tree. But heck, I'm all for putting up decorations. We all need something festive!

rainbow
November 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Did some Christmas shopping today...hubby came with me and it was a pleasant day. We made an agreement last night that I would wait to put up the tree until someone else on our street did theirs. Well guess what! The lady across the street from us ...PUT UP HER TREE TODAY!:D I WIN..I WIN!:D

:laughing:

:thumbs up

Keep your camera out where you can see it and hopefully it will remind you. :D

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2009, 11:54 PM
:laughing:

:thumbs up

Keep your camera out where you can see it and hopefully it will remind you. :D

Good idea Rainbow, cuz for me it's "out of sight, out of mind" if ya know what I mean.
I put my camera in my bedroom closet, and when I go in there I think "oh yeah gotta take pics", then I close the door and forget about it.:o