Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rikus

Ryan48
November 4th, 2009, 06:46 AM
It's been almost three months since our Rikus died. We adopted him from a man going into the service. The man was going to put Rikus down, another person that believes animals are disposable. Shameful. At that time Rikus was about 15. He was with us a good five years. Rikus was a sweet sweet kitty. I'm glad we could give him a happy place to live the last few years of his life. I don't think he got much attention before.
We still cry, even though we adopted three new cats shortly after.

RIP Rikus. You will always be in our hearts.

Mom and Dad

RM

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Rikus was fortunate to have found his :angel: when he was in need! :grouphug:

:candle: Rikus

Ryan48
November 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Thank you. I don't know when the crying stops. I do fine for days then I'll tear up again for a min or two. I'm sure it's the same reaction everyone has.

RM

edwina
November 4th, 2009, 08:53 PM
:rip: Rikus :cry:

hazelrunpack
November 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Three months is not a long time to grieve, Ryan. It's a long process. :grouphug: Eventually the happy memories make you smile and the sadder memories fade, but you never totally overcome the sense of loss. At least I haven't...not on this side of the divide... :o

I do believe that we'll be reunited with our loved ones in the end and the loss will be healed once and for all. Till then we have our memories to get us through... Hang in there! :grouphug:

TeriM
November 4th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Yep, those feelings get much less but are still there. Every now and then I think of my Bud who passed about eight years ago now and I still can get weepy. Our new fur friends help to heal our hearts but there is a piece that always belongs to those who have gone before :angel2:.

I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:.

wendy205
November 5th, 2009, 06:22 PM
sorry to hear your sad loss at least he had a life, animal are though of so cheaply but in my world they are gold,
sorry to hear of your cat its sad to loose, you will miss him dearly
time will heal a broken heart but memories will live forever,
my love to rikus:grouphug::rip::candle:

Ryan48
November 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thank you, everyone. I got brave enough to read several links on this thread. My eyes are swollen. It's amazing how much we love these creatures of ours.

Rm