Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Quebec Municipal Elections (Rant)

luckypenny
November 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Did anyone else here vote today? Dh, our eldest son, and I went this evening. It's our son's first time voting in a municipal election so he was a little nervous. I told him not to worry as there should be some simple instructions available behind the voting booth. There was....but not in English. He said he remembered what I had explained to him but he got all confused when trying to read the French. Needless to say, I'm livid :mad:.

Did anyone notice the same thing in your city?

Golden Girls
November 2nd, 2009, 09:09 AM
oh yeah :frustrated: When things happen like this I pretend I don't speak French :laughing: The booth I was assigned too, there were four volunteers and not one could or maybe wouldn't communicate with me in English so we kinda sign languaged geesh!!!

Dog Dancer
November 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
See now this is why I miss living in Montreal... It's really not right at all. I really do miss my friends and the city but boy I don't miss the politics. Not that we don't have those stupid politic things out here too mind you. LP I'd be cheesed off too, and probably would have made a scene and embarassed myself.