Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Magic of the Internet

chico2
August 23rd, 2004, 08:16 AM
I know we are not supposed to give out too much personal info,but we've had some exciting days lately.
To make a loong story short(yeah I know,it's hard for me!!).
Hubby left France and his family at an early age(16),adventure-spirit,too see the world kind of thing.After he ended up in Sweden marrying me,time kind of flew,kids,back and forth to Canada and all that.Having left home on bad terms,he never really contacted them
Well,he had however been looking for his sister for years...
He joined this web-site in France a while back,after many fruitless searches,one day a man answered'I know this lady,she's my cousin'..
He sent a phonenumber in Paris for hubby to call,apparently his family too had been looking for him for years.His sister was visiting a son in Paris.
They talked and cried and talked and cried,very emotional,after all it had been 40 yrs :eek:
Hubbys sister lives on the beautiful french island of Martinique and there is going to be a wonderful reunion in January.
I better brush up on my french :D

sammiec
August 23rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
Oh Chico! That's a fantastic story!! I am so happy for your family, that's an amazing story!!! Thanks for sharing, now an even BETTER reason to take a romatic trip to France! *sigh, I'm jealous! :D

Writing4Fun
August 23rd, 2004, 09:06 AM
Felicitations, Chico! (I apologize to all the Francophones out there for the lack of accents :o ).

I am also jealous - what a wonderful reason to take such a fabulous trip! :D

Bon voyage!

Cactus Flower
August 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TalonsMa
August 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM
WOW!! That is wonderful :D

Cinnabear
August 23rd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Terrrific, so glad that it all connected. What a wonderful trip that is going to be. :)

chico2
August 23rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
Thank's girls :D Actually Martinique is a french Island in the Carribean(Sp?)where St Lucia and Barbados is.

glasslass
August 23rd, 2004, 11:53 AM
I'm so excited for you all! Please keep us updated. Are the kids going too?

iRONKNiGHT
August 23rd, 2004, 02:05 PM
what an awesome story but i cant seem to get "Martinique" out of my head..you'll be having fun in the sun while we're freezing our butt's in the snow...
here's some of what's waiting for ya!
Chico and that's Caribbean:)

debanneball
August 23rd, 2004, 02:42 PM
The world truly is a small place. :rolleyes:

chico2
August 23rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
No GlassLass,my "kids"are not coming,at 34,38 and 42,they are busy with their own lives,at least for now.
Hubbie has to spend some time with his sister on his own,they'll have a lot to talk about....The sad part is,he never got to say sorry to his mom,she died at 51 from cancer and her wish was to have met her son again before she died :( :(
Knight,I have been to the caribbean several times,but never Martinique..
It's like going to France,sans cold weather,french government,french laws and socialsystem+all the yummy stuff :D
It's like Tahiti(not the poor Haiti)and Guadeloupe(sp?)also french Islands.
But those palmtrees sure are pretty and the ocean,,,,

iRONKNiGHT
August 23rd, 2004, 03:49 PM
Knight,I have been to the caribbean several times,but never Martinique..
It's like going to France,sans cold weather,french government,french laws and socialsystem+all the yummy stuff :D
It's like Tahiti(not the poor Haiti)and Guadeloupe(sp?)also french Islands.
But those palmtrees sure are pretty and the ocean,,,,

lol umm yeah i hope you know you're talking to a French person here Chico :)

chico2
August 23rd, 2004, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah,well you live in Montreal right? I LOVE Montreal and Quebec City,or at least I did until I found out how the MOSPCA,deals with dogs and cats in their care :( Are you French-French or Quebec-French? :D

melanie
August 23rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
the caribean..... barbados....... family reunion and lots of warm love and fuzzy feelings.... :D :D yaaaaaay
ohhhhhh so lucky is you lot, oh that is a beautiful story and a good reminder of what is really important in life. oh dont worry about the french to much, i would be worrying about what selection of swim wear i would be taking, that perfect sarong and getting a huge bottle of sunscreen. oh yippee, that is great.
i too am soooo jealous. :D :D :D