Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm so worried about my boy!!

rjesak
October 29th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Well, here I am sitting at work while my mother takes my poor Oscar to the vet for his bladder stone surgery. :sad: They gave me some Metacam to give him yesterday because he was crying every time he peed and I was a wreck. Now I'm just a wreck because I'm worried about him. He hates being at the vet especially because he's a rescue cat and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'll leave him there. In fact, they won't usually keep him because he gets so stressed the vet is afraid he'll have a heart attack! :cry2::cry2:

I'm also worried because he's at risk for the surgery (mostly waking back up :eek: according to the vet) because of his age and his asthma.

Oh dear. Now I'm sitting here crying at work. :cry: Ok, time to think about something else!! Everybody cross your claws for my boy!!! :pray::needhug::pray:

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2009, 08:24 AM
:grouphug: It's so hard worrying about them and not being able to be there. I know how you feel. When does he go into surgery? Will they call you immediately after they are done?

Try not to worry too much. I'm sure they will do everything possible to make sure he will be okay.:pray:

krdahmer
October 29th, 2009, 08:26 AM
You've got all our :pawprint::fingerscr:goodvibes: and :pray: for Oscar!:grouphug:

chico2
October 29th, 2009, 08:34 AM
For sure we'll think about Oscar and his worried mommy:fingerscrthat he will get through the surgery with no problems and be painfree and healthy:pray:

14+kitties
October 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
:pray::pray::fingerscr:fingerscr:goodvibes: I sincerely hope Oscar will be fine after his surgery. :pray:ers going his way.

pbpatti
October 29th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Sasha and me are sending our :grouphug::pray: for a quick recovery for dear Oscar.

quincymycat
October 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
:grouphug::pray::fingerscr:goodvibes: for Oscar and a lot of cyberspace good thoughts for Mommy!

lindapalm
October 29th, 2009, 12:10 PM
i don't know if it will help your kitty, but when Ozzie has to stay over, the vet puts a sheet over the front of his cage, he says it helps calm him.

rjesak
October 29th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The vet said his bladder was very, very inflamed. Apparently blood vessels build up around it when it gets irritated and she said it was very variegated. But she says he's awake and alert and feeling his wheaties! He'll be there overnight and I can pick him up in the morning.

Yay!!!

Thanks everyone for all your support! This was so stressful... I really appreciate all your well wishes.

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Oh wow, I'm so glad everything turned out well. Poor guy, an inflamed bladder sounds so painful.

rjesak
October 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I know AncientGirl. I keep thinking of how miserable I've been when I've had a UTI. It's one of the worst feelings... Poor kitty!!! I'm so glad he's doing better - maybe I can stop worrying about him for a while now. Between the asthma and this, I feel like I've been worried about him for a year.

hazelrunpack
October 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'm glad he's doing so well, rjesak :grouphug: Probably won't remember much about today, either--dogs seem to forget things when they're under anesthesia, anyway. :o So do people. So maybe he won't be so stressed. :fingerscr

:goodvibes: for a speedy recovery!!!

rainbow
October 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Glad Oscar's surgery went well. :thumbs up Hope he recovers quickly so he can resume his postition as the man of the house again. :D

chico2
October 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM
That's great to hear:thumbs uphopefully it will be clear sailing for Oscar from now on:thumbs up
He'll be really happy he'll not be in pain anymore:cat:except for maybe the stitches:confused:

quincymycat
October 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
So happy about Oscar and I know you are feeling better now that it is over. Good thoughts continue for his speedy recovery:goodvibes:

krdahmer
October 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
So glad he's doing well!:goodvibes: Hope he recovers quickly! :fingerscr

rjesak
October 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Oscar's still doing well, but the vet called and said to come get him today. He had pulled his lines out three times and was trying to climb out of the cage. They figured he'd be calmer at home. They also said I could give him a small dose (4-7 mg) of Benadryl tonight if he is too uncomfortable in the cone.

Aside from that he seems to be very happy to be home. Purring and resting comfortably - he's only tried to lick at it a little.

Think I'm going to go out and get children's Benadryl since that would probably be easier to dose!

luckypenny
October 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Glad Oscar's home and doing well, rjesak. Hope he recovers quickly :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
October 29th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Welcome home, Oscar!! Heal quickly! :goodvibes: