Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RIP Woody

Frenchy
October 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Some of you may remember Woody http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=37368&highlight=woody

an 11 yr old golden that was looking for a home 2 1/2 year ago. Woody was kept in the garage because one of the kids suddenly had allergies :rolleyes: I was lucky enough to have one of my coworkers to adopt him. Her and her family , who never had a dog before , took Woody in. It ended up being heaven for Woody , and also for his new family. Even with 2 kids , my coworker found time , many times a week , to sit on the floor with Woody and brush him for hours , which he loved . For the past year , my coworker's father has been living with them. He spent his days alone with his "boy" (that's how he called Woody) taking him for many walks every day.

Well .... Woody had to go to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday as he was loosing his battle with cancer. :sad:

I had to post about Woody .... we hear about so many abused , neglected , dumped dogs , Woody's story just warms my heart.

So , run to the bridge Woody , free of pain , your heart filled with love from your family , who will miss you so much. I am so glad you had these last , wonderful years with them.

:rip:

14+kitties
October 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
:candle::rip: Woody :candle: Run free
Frenchy, please pass on my condolences to your co worker. Thank her for giving Woody the best two years of his life. And thank you for working so hard to find him his bestest home. :grouphug:

luckypenny
October 27th, 2009, 10:19 PM
My condolences to your co-worker and her family as well. As sad as this news is, I'm glad he had the most loving home.

RIP Woody :candle:

Sheri H
October 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
RIP Woody. Thankfully, the last years of his life were happily spent with people that he loved and loved him in return.

Love4himies
October 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
:rip: Woody :candle:.

mastifflover
October 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM
RIP Woody You were lucky to have finally found a family who loved you and gave you the care you needed. Run free and go play. My condolences to the wonderful family that gave him a loving home

rainbow
October 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Glad that Woody spent the last 2 1/2 yr in such a loving home. Please pass on my condolences to your co-worker and her family. :grouphug:

:rip: Woody :candle:

Dog Dancer
October 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Condolences to Woody's family who gave him such wonderful love for the last years of his life. A deserving gift for a senior indeed. RIP dear Woody knowing your last family loved you with all their hearts.

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
:candle: Woody

Please extend my condolences to his family :grouphug: What a wonderful few years they gave him! And what a gift they got in return for opening their home! :cloud9:

Ryan48
November 5th, 2009, 08:14 PM
(((((hugs))))))

Ryan