Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

20 months of heaven

Rottielover
October 27th, 2009, 07:51 PM
As everyone knows Roxy has been sick, well for the past week she has made a turn for the worse. She was not able to get up, nor be able to walk. I have decided to end her fight. She is now flying with the angels, gone but will never be forgotten.
She was a fighter to the very end, in 3 weeks she lost almost 15 lbs, she was 62lbs tonight when I brought her in. Her heart was there but her body was not.

Rest in peace sweet angel, you no longer have to fight.
Thank you Cindy and Angela for bringing her into my life.

Sylvie
October 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Rest in Peace Roxy, You were loved to the end.

My prayers go out to you, Rottilover and your family.

pbpatti
October 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Run like the wind dear Roxy. So sorry for your loss you will miss her I know, just remember the love she gave you and the love you and your family gave her. :rip::angel2:

Chaser
October 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm so sorry :grouphug:

She was a beautiful girl. Rest in peace Roxy :angel2:

sugarcatmom
October 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
My condolences to you and your family:grouphug:. It's hard to bear the pain of such a loss, but your decision to ease Roxy into the next realm speaks volumes about your love for her. :candle:

hazelrunpack
October 27th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:candle: Roxy

Melei'sMom
October 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
:grouphug:

t.pettet
October 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
My condolences on your loss of your beautiful girl Roxy.

the gang
October 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
:sorry: to hear of the news, run with the wind roxy, so many friends to play with life sucks, i send my very best to your family keep chin up, she loved you and you loved her, :candle: brenda and the pins

14+kitties
October 27th, 2009, 08:48 PM
:candle::rip: Roxy :candle:
rottielover - I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug::grouphug: Thank you for having the strength to let her go.

Shaykeija
October 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM
As with the change of seasons, so must our lives change.. I am so sorry for your loss...:grouphug:

luckypenny
October 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM
RIP Roxy :candle:

babymomma
October 27th, 2009, 10:57 PM
R.I.P Roxy :(

I am so sorry Rottielover.

diandpat
October 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
RL you know my heart is broken for you :cry: You absolutely did your best and Roxy knew it :angel:

RIP sweet Roxy...run whole and healthy at the Bridge.

Gonna miss our walks in the woods :cry:

Magicwildwolf69
October 27th, 2009, 11:19 PM
i'm so sorry for your lost. she was such a sweet dog. :grouphug: to you and your family

Rottielover
October 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Here are a few pictures of her last day with us :(, finally at rest

Love4himies
October 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I am so sorry, rottielover :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :cry:. You were her :angel: and showed her how wonderful it is to be loved.

:rip: Roxie :candle:

SIL
October 28th, 2009, 08:33 AM
RL...my deepest condolences :grouphug::grouphug:

:rip: sweet Roxy :candle:

breeze
October 28th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I'm very sorry Rottielover, :grouphug::grouphug:

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. She was a fighter. You gave her love and she left this world knowing she was loved beyond all measure. :grouphug:

BenMax
October 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Rottielover - my heart breaks for you. I know how much you loved her and what she meant to you. I am so very very sorry for your lose.

You did good by her Rottielover - had she not met you, those 20 months would not have been the same - full of love, laughter and tears.

RIP dear Roxy:rip:. Run Free and with a rejuvenated body to match that beautiful mind.

:grouphug: Rottielover. I wish you Peace.

Rottielover
October 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I am at peace with the decision, The vet could not believe it was the same dog as 3 weeks ago. all bones except for a hardening stomach. Her vet believes it was not the pred, but the cancer spread to her stomach. She ate and ate but still lost weight.
She is now free to run like the gorgeous dog she wanted to be on the inside.
I do miss her, but she is in much a better place now.
Thank you all for your thoughts

Winston
October 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
RL I am so sorry for you loss. I just saw this now...

I am so glad to hear your at peace with your decision as your precious little girl is running free at the Bridge with all those that have left before us!

I hope Kayla is taking it well..

Be at peace my friend!

RIP Sweet Roxy!
:dog::candle::rip:

Macomom
October 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I am so sorry Rottielover. Cancer is such a huge burden for Rottweillers, and I am so sorry that your family had to go through it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bailey_
October 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM
So sorry RL. :grouphug: My condolances are with you and your family at this time.

:candle: Roxy :candle:

Sheri H
October 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
My deepest condolences to you and your family.

RIP Roxy

rainbow
October 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I am so sorry RL .....my sincere condolences to you and Kayla. :grouphug:

:rip: Roxy :candle:

dogcatharmony
October 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
RIP sweet Roxy.

So sorry for your loss Rottielover.

marko
October 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Rottielover and I offer you my deepest condolences :sorry:

:rip:sweet Roxy :candle:

Sincerely

Marko

Dog Dancer
October 28th, 2009, 04:09 PM
So sorry for your loss Rottielover. Hugs to you and your family at this sad time. It's good that you are at peace with your decision to set her free. The ultimate act of love we can give our dear pets. Run free sweet Roxy you were so well loved by your family.:candle:

mastifflover
October 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
:sorry:Oh I am so sorry but you both fought the good fight. You did what you did because you loved her. It was probably the hardest thing for you to do but it was necessary. My heart goes out to you and just know that Buddy will loveRoxy and they can run and play on the bridge together. :rip::angel2:

chico2
October 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Awww Rottielover,I wish I had not read this,but I think we all knew it was coming,I am so sorry.
I hope little Kayla and Harley will be ok and you of course,I know how much you loved Roxy.
The same strong love that helped end her suffering.
Run free beautiful girl :rip:Roxy:candle:

Luvmypitgirls
October 31st, 2009, 05:29 AM
Rottielover, I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Roxy, run free and fast at the Bridge.:candle:

Maxine
October 31st, 2009, 11:41 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss Rottielover. :sorry::grouphug:

pbpatti
October 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you for posting the last pictures you have of Roxy. What a sweet baby she was for your whole family. RIP dear Roxy

cpietra16
November 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM
It saddened me to see your post on Facebook. It saddens me now. RIP Roxy...you have done the most amazing thing with Rozy..you gave her love, hope and a family...bless you K.

edwina
November 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM
:rip: Roxy :cry:

MommaKat
November 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
I just saw this. She was a beautiful girl, I'm sorry for your loss:sad:.

:candle:

Ryan48
November 5th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Such a difficult decision to make. But one made with love.

(((((hugs))))

Ryan

Rottielover
November 6th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I will be getting her paw print back and Kayla requested that I make a shelf in her room so I can have it on it, as well as a picture on top. Kayla is doing much better than I thought, I think the main reason was she was watching her fall down and get worse, so she understood that she is now pain free.