ancientgirl
October 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Aww, that's too cute.

14+kitties
October 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
That is so cute to see them getting along so well. :thumbs up

chico2
October 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Love the grey around Uncle Thunder,he probably makes a great baby-sitter to the little bugger:laughing:

Gail P
October 27th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Love the grey around Uncle Thunder,he probably makes a great baby-sitter to the little bugger:laughing:

He actually has merling all throughout his coat but it darkened down so much when he lost his puppy coat that most of it is not too noticeable unless you really look for it. Here's what he looked like as a pup

Thunder just LOVES puppies! He is the best babysitter when they are tiny, letting them climb all over him, playing with them, wrestling and falling down/rolling over letting the pups think that they took him down :laughing: Then when they get bigger he knocks them around a bit to teach them some manners and remind them that he is after all still their elder and to be respected. He can be pretty protective of the pups too, sometimes putting himself between them and the other dogs.

Gail P
October 27th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Babysitting Rain and Storm when they were little. Sorry about the picture quality.

Gail P
October 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
More with Rain and Storm. I don't seem to have any of him with Flurry, and we missed the tiny puppy stage with Dru since he was 5 months when he came to us.

pbpatti
October 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
What a great uncle he makes. Nice to have a doggie to teach the younguns how to behave. :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Awww every puppy needs an Uncle Thunder :lovestruck:

chico2
October 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Gail,now when you tell me,I can see the merlin in him,it's strange he changed so much,he must be a wonderful dog.
Love the first pic of the three pups,Collies always kind of touch me:lovestruck:

Ryan48
October 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
That is just too sweet. Gosh, I get all emotional when I see the animals getting older.

As busy as I get I spend a few extra mins alone with ea of my animals to love them up. I mean, we play catch, kick the ball...daily. But just a few mins more to snuggle and love them up. You just never know when their last day will be. Even the younger ones.

Beautiful dogs

RM

Love4himies
October 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Awwww, don't you just love those "uncle" pets :cloud9: :lovestruck:. They are just wonderful to have around when newbies come into the house. :cloud9:

Gail P
October 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
That is just too sweet. Gosh, I get all emotional when I see the animals getting older.
Actually Thunder is not all that old, (I used the word "old" loosely when I said "good old uncle Thunder") he's only turning 4 in late Dec./early Jan. (not quite sure as he was an adopted pup, but by our best estimate he was just about 3 months old when we got him in late March of 2006. His gray has nothing to do with age, it's just his colouring. Same with Lightning, he's only one year older than Thunder but from the time he was a year old a lot of people have though he is old. He's a tri but a very unusual one because instead of tan markings his are a light brindle, giving him a very grizzled look around the face.

As busy as I get I spend a few extra mins alone with ea of my animals to love them up. I mean, we play catch, kick the ball...daily. But just a few mins more to snuggle and love them up. You just never know when their last day will be. Even the younger ones.

Beautiful dogs

RM
Same here. The alarm goes and I should get up in the morning but I'm pinned down by dogs that just want to keep snuggling. How can you say no to that? :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Uncle Thunder is such a good boy, putting up with all that puppy shenaniganism. :D (Is that a word? Shenaniganism? :laughing:)

I love his markings! Very unique!