Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

One of my cats is peeing blood

rjesak
October 25th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I found a tiny pool of what looked like blood with a little urine in it on the dining room table this morning. :eek::yuck: What's strange, is that I haven't seen any weird symptoms of anything before now! :headslap:

Since there are six of them, it's hard to tell who the sick one is. :confused:

So here's my plan, I'm going to set up three appointments at the vet tomorrow and take them in two at a time from most likely to least. Now, how to find the most likely? For starters, the dining room is a place that Zander (the most recent UTI cat) and Gus rarely go so they'll be last on the list.

Oscar has been in and out of the vet for the last two months but never for that. They've done blood tests galore though so would anything have shown up there? His eosonophils were high but we assumed that was the Athsma that's been such a severe problem lately. Any chance it was masking a UTI? Should he be one of the first in? :confused::confused:

Arrgh!!!

krdahmer
October 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
If you have time, what I did (as I found reddish pee and also have six possibles) was camp out near the litter boxes. I just watched tv in the basement and watched the comings and goings, it didn't take long to figure out it was Smoke because she was back and forth about every 20-30 minutes. If one is having a problem they are also prob making frequent visits to the box. I was also following them to the boxes to see who seemed to be straining to go, also Smoke.

lindapalm
October 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I am also having a hard time coming up with which of seven peed blood. My husband managed to get a large mixing spoon under one of the most likely, when he was peeing, and its being analized by a vet over the weekend. The second most likely has sprayed on my furniture two days in a row so he's locked up in a room with a new litter box thats empty. It will take longer than normal, but he'll pee in it sooner or later, and I'll take that sample to the vet. You hate to take them all to the vet cause of the cost of him testing them all, so I recommend starting with your best guess and working your way down. I think this way would be less painful, too. Chances are it will be the very last one I suspect.

rjesak
October 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Good idea krdahmer. I hadn't thought of the frequency aspect... I don't want to spend a lot of time isolating them and testing them because there was a LOT of blood. I'll definitely keep an eye on the boxes tonight though. If I can take in the most likely suspect in the first visit, I can cancel the others!