Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Better pics of my sweet Tux..

chico2
October 24th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Today,I was watching him cross the street,with my heart in my throat,like every day.
When he's coming towards me he looks a little worried,but as soon as I kind of sit down,he comes forward.
Last night it was pouring rain,so he did not come:sad:
I feed him 1 5.5oz can and usually some dry food,but today he had chicken from our dinner instead of the dry,but still one can of cat-food.
He eats all that in no-time,as if it was his last meal:cat:
His nose is all scratched up+whatever happened to his jaw..:sad:
Normally he does not eat in the grass but I wanted to get some pics.

diandpat
October 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Aw Chico he is so sweet :angel:

Have you been able to figure out if he has been in his "house" yet? Hope he finds it before the really bad weather gets her.

Bless you for taking him under you wings...you will be richer for it!!!! :thumbs up

chico2
October 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM
He went and looked at the house,then he sprayed:yell:
But I think I'll start to feed him right by his house,maybe he'll understand to go in,especially when it gets colder:fingerscr
because he is one very street-smart cat:lovestruck:

diandpat
October 24th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I thought spraying meant that he "claims" it...that's good, non?

He will understand when it is cold enough, especially if his food is close by!

ancientgirl
October 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Chico, he has an adorable little face. :lovestruck::lovestruck:

ownedbycats
October 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
He is very handsome. Tux looks like a short furred cousin of my MooBoots. How can people just toss these cats outside?

Tundra_Queen
October 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Oh he is so cute. I hope his face will heal ok, poor guy. :sad:

clm
October 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
He's very sweet Chico2. Looks like the whole one side of his face has had some sort of injury at one time, not just his jaw. :sad: He's a lucky soul to have you to feed and house him. You can bet he'll use that house come the cold weather.

clm

growler~GateKeeper
October 24th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Awww :lovestruck: what an adorable "sourpuss" face he has inspite of whatever injury happened :lovestruck:

:goodvibes: he goes in the house soon

rainbow
October 25th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Since I've been awol a few times lately I don't know his story but bless you for looking after him. :angel:

I hope you can trap him and get your vet to check him over. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

edwina
October 25th, 2009, 01:42 AM
He is a cutie :cloud9:

chico2
October 25th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Thank's girls,most people would not say Tux is a "cutie"only a cat-lover can see he's not much different from our cats,he was just not as lucky:sad:and to me he is a cutie.
He is looking 100% better after a few months of food,probably easier to keep warm,if his tummy is full.
I am not totally sure what to do about him yet,but 14+ our kitty-angel has offered me help,with a trap and to get him neutered.

krdahmer
October 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Oh he is adorable!!! I think the jaw thing gives him such character!:lovestruck: I'm keepin him in my :pray: :goodvibes:

mikischo
October 25th, 2009, 03:34 PM
He went and looked at the house,then he sprayed:yell:
But I think I'll start to feed him right by his house,maybe he'll understand to go in,especially when it gets colder:fingerscr
because he is one very street-smart cat:lovestruck:

Great idea! :goodvibes: that, once he realizes your yard is a safe place for him and has everything he needs, he will stop going back to whatever hidey hole he has over at the housing complex.

I thought spraying meant that he "claims" it...that's good, non?!

I thought so too.

Oh he is adorable!!! I think the jaw thing gives him such character!:lovestruck: I'm keepin him in my :pray: :goodvibes:

I totally agree. I think he is a handsome dude!!:lovestruck: I especially love the first pic.

chico2
October 25th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I agree,I only wish I could cuddle him and love him:sad:.
He seems to have something wrong with his one eye too,maybe at the same time as his jaw.
I don't know if he is a male,but I am pretty sure,looking at his large face.

TeriM
October 26th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I agree,I only wish I could cuddle him and love him:sad:.

His world is already so much better because you care Chico :angel:. I think his face shows lots of lovely character and he has beautiful markings :lovestruck:.

Love4himies
October 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
OMG, it just breaks my heart to see him :cry:, chico. I see lots of love in his eyes, a kitty that just wants to have a human family to love him and protect him :cloud9:. He is a beautiful boy.

I wish there was a way I could offer to keep him, he is my type of kitty :lovestruck:

chico2
October 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Yesterday,I tried to approach him again,after he had his food,I know he would want to come to me,but still too scared,but I can get within a couple of feet before he moves
He stuck around our house a little longer,him and Rocky were staring at each other,Rocky in the open hall-way window,not a sound from either one,but I keep the kitchen-door closed,just to protect myself,in case Rocky goes crazy again.:cat:
L4H,he's my kind of cat too..

ancientgirl
October 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Chico, I keep wishing your boys would cozy up to Tux and allow him to stick around. He looks like he needs a lot of love.

Love4himies
October 26th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Yesterday,I tried to approach him again,after he had his food,I know he would want to come to me,but still too scared,but I can get within a couple of feet before he moves
He stuck around our house a little longer,him and Rocky were staring at each other,Rocky in the open hall-way window,not a sound from either one,but I keep the kitchen-door closed,just to protect myself,in case Rocky goes crazy again.:cat:
L4H,he's my kind of cat too..

Chico, do you think once he is neutered, your Rocky may not react so badly?

ownedbycats
October 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
You know, watching each other through windows and sniffing the yard they all take turns being in may work just as well as a gradual introduction as bringing Tux inside and trying to introduce him in there :lightbulb:

BenMax
October 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Absolutely love those round Tom faces. He is simply gorgeous! Thanks again for looking out for him. What would he do without someone with lots of love in their hearts?

14+kitties
October 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Aww chico, he is so sweet. :cloud9: I have my fingers crossed that he cooperates and goes into the trap quickly. I have it ready for you. As for saying you aren't sure what to do with him yet... you know where he would be safe from traffic. What's feeding one more? And, you could see him whenever you want. :)
The spraying on his house could be claiming it as his or it is possible another cat went into it and he reacted to that smell.

chico2
October 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately I could never take Tux in to my home:sad:I don't have a big enough house where he could stay without Rocky hearing him,all my scars and hospital-visits are a testament to what Rocky can do.
I wish I could let him in,to make him feel safe and warm,but I can't:sad:

14+,I'll see you tomorrow,ok:thumbs up

krdahmer
October 26th, 2009, 07:11 PM
hm.... do I hear another rescue in the making???:grouphug: Good luck trapping him!!!! :goodvibes::pray:

14+kitties
October 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM
14+,I'll see you tomorrow,ok:thumbs up

Looking forward to it. :thumbs up

Chris21711
October 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
He looks a sweetheart Chico, I look at his pics everyday and just want to scoop him away from danger....kudos to you for taking care of him :)

14kkkkkkkkkkkk....:rolleyes:

14+kitties
October 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
He looks a sweetheart Chico, I look at his pics everyday and just want to scoop him away from danger....kudos to you for taking care of him :)

14kkkkkkkkkkkk....:rolleyes:

Whaaaa?????? :shrug: :p

chico2
October 27th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Chris,with a lot of help from 14+,something will be worked out for him,if he will only go into the trap,this is a very street-smart kitty.:sad:
He took me by surprise today,came earlier than normal..OMD,I love this little guy,I'll put the trap out tomorrow afternoon.
It will kill me,but it's for his own best.
It took me about 40min to get to 14+,but only 25min to get home...a regular old speed-demon:laughing:

ancientgirl
October 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Good luck Chico! I hope you can manage to get him.

chico2
October 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
AG,Tux don't usually come in the morning,but today,like every day I looked out from my livingroom window and there he was.
I thought"OMG he's dead!!",his head was at a strange angle,but he was sleeping.
I grabbed a can of food and he did not wake up until I was right by him.
As I put the food in his dish,he came to me,before I even got all the food down.
I could have touched him.since he was right by my hand,but I did not,he shies away if I raise my hand,,
He makes strange noises when he eats,probably has to do with his jaw:sad:or maybe it was a weird purr:confused:
Later hubby went out with some treats in his hand and he was excited as Tux came towards him,but not too close:laughing:

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Oh, it sounds like he's starting to work his courage up. Do you think he might be hanging out around your place more and you just don't see him?

I've seen this video of a kitty eating, and the little guy is making this sort of growl/purr sound. Maybe that's the same thing Tux is making.

14+kitties
October 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
chico, it's so good he is starting to trust you so much. It's possible if he keeps up at that pace you won't need the trap. You may be able to just put him in a carrier. :fingerscr That would be perfect!! Is there a spot you could put a spare carrier near where he eats so it's handy if you can get him? Under the trees or even near his nifty house maybe? You wouldn't feel guilty about a carrier like you would a trap, right? :)
I bet with this rain we are having you don't have the trap set today, right? I wouldn't either. I'm hoping Tux uses his new house too. It will keep him nice and cozy today.
Keep up the great work m/f!! Everything is possible. You saw the way Jupiter is now and I never thought that would work!!! :rolleyes:

Chris21711
October 28th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Whaaaa?????? :shrug: :p

You know what and bless you for it :)

Chris,with a lot of help from 14+,something will be worked out for him

I'm thinking that 14k already has things worked out in her mind :rolleyes:

It took me about 40min to get to 14+,but only 25min to get home...a regular old speed-demon:laughing:

You are like my Daughter Chico, I call her Zippy Canoe...she is a little speed demon :eek:

Love4himies
October 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Chico that is good news about Tux. It would be really great if you just put in some food into the carrier and snap it closed while he was eating.

Sending some :goodvibes::goodvibes: that he is trapped soon and off to get neutered.

Chris:

No doubt, no doubt what so ever that 14+ has something worked out already.

Chris21711
October 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Chris:

No doubt, no doubt what so ever that 14+ has something worked out already.

You got that right L4H :thumbs up

14+kitties
October 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Aww shucks ladies... :o One day at a time.....

Dog Dancer
October 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM
What a face he has! I could totally love up a kitty like him. I'm hoping that he cooperates and all is well. Sounds like he's coming around though, I'm sure it's just a matter of time. :pray: that he gives just a wee bit more... You guys are angels.

krdahmer
October 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
:thumbs up thats awesome chico!! I hope he lets you love him up soon! I bet once he finds out why you're raising your hand.... he'll be all over you for pets!:goodvibes:

chico2
October 28th, 2009, 05:00 PM
:laughing:I don't know about that,but I'll certainly try,very slowly:cat:
I've been feeding him for a while now and talked to him,so you'd think he would not be scared anymore,but who knows what he's been through:sad:

I remember one day last winter,I was walking Bailey and I heard this awful cry from a cat,then I saw him,it must have been just about that time he got hurt somehow,he ran away when he saw us at that time.
Then he started coming here and I've been feeding him since.
14+,how did it go at the vet for your little guys??

I am going to try with the carrier tomorrow:fingerscr:pray:

14+kitties
October 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tux cooperates soon.
I didn't get a chance to talk to my vet today. Her partner was there instead. I have to take Meowzer in for a recheck in another week or so and TT will be going too. I will make sure it is with my vet and see what she has to say. I showed his pics to the vet tech today. She said she couldn't see any reason why she wouldn't fix him. If there is a problem then we head to TO. Easy peasy.

chico2
October 29th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well,I have not seen him since yesterday morning:sad:so now I am worried,hopefully he'll be back this afternoon.:pray:

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Chico, maybe today he is doing his usual stuff before he comes to you. Hopefully you'll see him soon.:pray:

mikischo
October 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I noticed it is a beautiful autumn day in Oakville (the kind of weather cats really enjoy being out and about in). I know it is such a worry though. :goodvibes::goodvibes: that he shows up soon.

chico2
October 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I would not say it's a beautiful day,but it's not raining +10C,or snowing,so it's ok.
He is actually waiting right now to cross the street,he's sitting there watching the cars go by.
Looks from side to side until he sees a chance to run,it's really nerve-wrecking:yell:but at least he's come back..
He made it! I live on a very busy street,especially this time of the day and he always makes it,so far.

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
:pray:He continues to make it until you can get hold of him.:pray:

Ryan48
October 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I love it when animals learn to trust us. It's a sweet thing.

RM

chico2
October 30th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Ryan,he does not really trust me yet,but he's 100% better than when I first saw him,last winter.

Tundra_Queen
October 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Ryan,he does not really trust me yet,but he's 100% better than when I first saw him,last winter.

Have u tried sitting down to talk to him? Maybe he wouldn't be so scared if u were sitting and making yourself smaller?

I hope he goes into the trap soon. Every time I read about that road and your watching him, I get chest pains and find myself holding my breath. I can't imagine what u are like watching him.

Debbie

rainbow
October 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Any luck today? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
October 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
TQ,I always sit down and talk to him softly,after he's eaten,he goes in to his house,where I put a little dish with treats,but he does not stay there.

I have not had the trap out yet,today it has been pouring rain and as soon as I am able to catch him,I have to drive him to 14+,our kitty-whisperer and hopefully he can get neutered.
After,he'll either come back here or stay at 14+(which she so very kindly offered),we'll see how he is,but first he has to be caught
However she is busy worrying about little Timmy right now,so I won't add another worry.
Once again,here I am waiting for Tux,it is nerve-wrecking for sure:sad:

Ryan48
October 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM
He has such a cute face.

RM

14+kitties
October 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Chico, please don't hold off on Tux till TT is better. I can't get him back into the vet until Mon or Tues for a recheck. I am setting up the crate tomorrow after work so any time. The sooner we get Tux the better.
He is trusting you enough to go into his house? That is marvelous!! Maybe if you set a carrier beside the house with treats he will go in and you can close the door quickly. Let him go in and out of it a few times first though so he doesn't suspect anything. It sounds like he is trusting you more and more. That is so great! :highfive::grouphug:
You are such a sweet lady to care so much for this little guy. I'm sure you will get him soon and then we can move forward with his neutering. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
October 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM
:pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes:

I hope you can get Tux soon Chico! 14+, you are the bomb. You both are.:grouphug:

chico2
October 31st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thank's 14+,I'll do my best..He obviously does not like rain(who does!),must be hunkered down somewhere.
OMG can that kitty eat:cat:,there is a new spring in his step:thumbs up As I watched him walk away yesterday he was spraying the neighbors car..
Halloween is not a good time for stray kitties,wish he would stay in his house tonight.

krdahmer
October 31st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Halloween might work in your favour.... KMK stuck to me like glue last halloween as I was handing out candy outside, he seemed pretty freaked by all the people and was hiding just around the corner from me (and I caught him just a day or two later). So maybe if hubby hands out candy, you could sit in the back with Tux....I imagine he'll try to find a quiet spot as his usual spot across the street will probably be crawling with trick or treaters! Ya never know...you might be able to nab him tonight! :goodvibes::fingerscr

rainbow
October 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM
LOL ....was that the neighbour you don't like? :evil:

Sounds like Tux is really benefitting with the good nourishment thanks to you, Chico. :thumbs up :angel:

Good luck tonight. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
October 31st, 2009, 04:56 PM
KR,your idea is not going to work,he comes earlier than that,I just saw him crossing the street from the Townhouses and now he has to cross my street.
I'll be putting the trap,or the carrier out tomorrow afternoon when we get back home,he has only been here 2 mornings.

14+kitties
October 31st, 2009, 05:04 PM
chico - the crate is set up for him with lots of straw to curl up in to stay warm. I just need to get a litter box in it and it's set. Now Tux just needs to cooperate with you. :D :thumbs up

chico2
October 31st, 2009, 05:16 PM
14+,I think I have a couple of litter-boxes in the shed,I'll bring one and some other things,when I finally catch him.
He just finished his dinner,I was busy in the kitchen,but he gave me a thank-you smile and off he went again,towards the street.

Rainbow,I like my neighbors,it was their visitors the cat-breeders,I did not like,but they are long gone.Thank Dog:thumbs up

14+kitties
October 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh no chico!! I have the litter box. Or will. I am getting a large storage box for my grey kitties in the little house because they are making such a mess with the smaller boxes. They have litter spread all over the floor when I go in to see them. Kearn thinks he's digging to China every time he uses the box. It's cute to watch but wow! what a mess!! :rolleyes: Canadian Tire has the big boxes on sale this week so I will grab one or two. Then I can clean the box they are using now and I have it for Tux's crate.
Hopefully he will decide to stick around long enough to get caught. :fingerscr

diandpat
October 31st, 2009, 05:31 PM
This thread is like a soap opera...c'mon Mr. Tux...good things ahead for you :thumbs up

Just let Chico and 14+ do their "magic" :goodvibes:

chico2
October 31st, 2009, 05:37 PM
:laughing::laughing:yeah,that's true,but hopefully with a happy ending:cat:

14+kitties
October 31st, 2009, 05:39 PM
This thread is like a soap opera...c'mon Mr. Tux...good things ahead for you :thumbs up

Just let Chico and 14+ do their "magic" :goodvibes:

As the cat turns....... Or...... The days of Tux's life.
I was going to say the same thing chico. I hope it has a happy ending. :fingerscr

Love4himies
October 31st, 2009, 06:05 PM
:pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes: Go into the trap, Tux, you will LOVE the outcome :goodvibes::goodvibes::cat:

ancientgirl
October 31st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Come on Tux! :goodvibes::goodvibes::pray::pray:

diandpat
October 31st, 2009, 06:52 PM

As the cat turns....... Or...... The days of Tux's life.
I was going to say the same thing chico. I hope it has a happy ending. :fingerscr

Of course it is going to have a happy ending :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

rainbow
October 31st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Good luck, Chico. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
November 7th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Well,today I put the trap out,not"loaded"just to trick him.
He is not easily tricked,one smart cat,he walked around it,checking it out and very carefully went inside to eat.
I have it all covered and a sheet at the bottom.
I don't know if he'll go in all the way,but I will set it,maybe tomorrow if 14+is not too busy,then I can just run him over to her.
You know I kind of hate doing this to him,he's survived on his own for such a long time.
But I also know,it's for the best,if he is not doing good,he can always come back here to his regular life,minus a few body-parts:cat:I don't know what I could have done without the help and support of 14+,she's the best:thumbs up

Ryan48
November 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Aww, you are doing a good thing.

Rm

14+kitties
November 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm home tomorrow my friend. :fingerscr he cooperates with your plan. You're doing it the right way. If he's going in that's good. It may take a little longer for him to go all the way in though.
You know you are doing the best for Tux. He will do fine. All kitties freak at first but they settle pretty quickly. :grouphug::angel:

krdahmer
November 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:thumbs up I hope he goes in tomorrow and is safely at 14's soon!!! That is awesome!

C'mon Tux....Chico is trying to help ya...she's good people don't worry!:goodvibes::goodvibes::pray:

ancientgirl
November 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Come on Tux! Go in!:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

rainbow
November 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Good luck Chico and 14+ :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
November 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Chico, just remember that documentary about the feral cats in Toronto. You are Tux's life line and you are going to make it much longer than it would be if he lived on the streets!! *HUGS*

chico2
November 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Ok 14+,I'll set it today,usually he comes around dinner-time,which for oldies like us is 4:30-5pm.
He was here this morning and he watched me put the dish really far in,he went in,but very carefully.
I am worried he'll get his tail or leg caught as it closes:yell:
I know what you all mean,I know we are doing what's good for him,but trapping a kitty is very emotional.
So maybe I'll see you later 14+:grouphug:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM
If he gets his leg or tail caught it's minor. Let's worry about that if it happens, ok? :thumbs up The main thing is to get him caught.
I know what you mean about trapping cats being emotional. But sometimes you have to do it for the cat's sake. In Tux's case I think he needs some intervention. At the very least he needs to get neutered if he isn't done. We'll go from there. :grouphug:
You're doing a good thing chico. Never ever doubt that!!

chico2
November 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Well,the trap is set,nice smelly Tuna-food inside,now it's a waiting game,hopefully he'll go all the way in,hopefully he'll be early:fingerscr:fingerscr
Then we are off to 14+:thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I'm sending all the positive vibes I can muster! :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::finge rscr:fingerscr:fingerscr:pray::pray::pray:

chico2
November 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Thank's AG,I am looking out for him right now,hopefully he won't be late,I might get lost in the dark,going to 14+:laughing:

chico2
November 8th, 2009, 04:33 PM
OMG,he's on his way,just spotted him across the street,I am a nervous wreck and I usually have nerves of steel:yell:

Love4himies
November 8th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I would be out there directing traffic, I would be so stressed over his crossings. I hope you get him soon :pray: :pray: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :fingerscr

onster
November 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM
does the 2 hour silence mean tux has been trapped???? :fingerscr:fingerscr:D

Winston
November 8th, 2009, 06:40 PM
:eek::eek::fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Update please!!!! I'm chewing my nails to the quick!

onster
November 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM
i cant stand it :yell::yell: so how long does it take to drive from chico's to 14+'s anyway?

Winston
November 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Onster close to an hour especially if its dark! 45 minutes maybe?

onster
November 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
sooo saaay it took 30 mins for chico to get hold of her nerves after she potentially caught Tux...then an hour to drive to 14+'s...then maybe an hour over there. An hour drive back. A stiff drink for chico :p

we could be waiting all night :yell:

I just hope things went well and tux is really in transit to 14+'s :fingerscr:fingerscr

Love4himies
November 8th, 2009, 06:56 PM
:pray::pray::pray: Please update us, chico. How is Tux?

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM
We need an update from someone! 14+, if you're out there, you could put us out of our misery, too :p

:goodvibes: for the Tuxman!

rainbow
November 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
On pins and needles here waiting for some news .....good luck Chico. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Oy! I hope no news is good news!!!:pray::fingerscr

14+kitties
November 8th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I was going to wait for chico to let you guys know in the morning.
Tux unfortunately is now on the loose here. He somehow managed to put his nose under the flap of the trap and get out as I was carrying it to the crate I had set up for him. I feel like absolute crap. I have the trap set up still. And the crate has food and a nice comfy bed in it in the greenhouse with the door open. All I can do is hope he is hungry enough to come out of hiding and search.

Please pray for him. I hope he decides to cooperate soon. :pray::fingerscr

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM
:grouphug: S*** happens, 14+! Don't feel bad.

:fingerscr he decides to make his way into the catuary, or comes quickly to the food and warmth :goodvibes:

:pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

onster
November 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Oh 14+, don't feel bad. I know it's horrible for that to have happened, but I think it was just fate, nothing you could do to stop it.

..Ok now Im tearing up because I can't imagine how you and chico and tux must feel...

It's just so sad but NOT your fault! :grouphug::grouphug: I am praying my hardest for him.

onster
November 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
do you think that having something of chico's might make him feel more comfortable? I know she didnt really get to touch him, but maybe over the time she's been feeding him he's gotten used to her smell and will be drawn towards that familiarity?

14+kitties
November 8th, 2009, 08:33 PM
do you think that having something of chico's might make him feel more comfortable? I know she didnt really get to touch him, but maybe over the time she's been feeding him he's gotten used to her smell and will be drawn towards that familiarity?

I still have the trap covered with the towel that chico used. I can only hope hunger brings him out of hiding.

ancientgirl
November 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
14+, the way I figure it, he's there and he will soon make his way to either the trap or your setup. I'm thinking it's safer around your place than the road he kept having to cross to get to Chico's.

:goodvibes::goodvibes:Come on Tux this is for your well being.

onster
November 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM
That is a great, positive way to think about it AG. You are so right!!

I am holding out that this all part of a master plan that has a happily ever after :goodvibes:

rainbow
November 8th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear what happened but these things happen and it's certainly not your fault. :grouphug:

Please Tux, go into the trap ....you can trust 14+ just as you did Chico. :fingerscr :goodvibes: And, then you will live a life of luxury at the Kitty Hilton. :cloud9:

Ryan48
November 8th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Aww, I bet Tux won't go very far. Thinking positive thoughts and tossing in a prayer tonight.

Hugs

Ryan

krdahmer
November 9th, 2009, 12:31 AM
:grouphug::pray::goodvibes::fingerscr;)

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Oh nooo. Tux your not suppose to do stuff like that!! Please trust 14+ she loves kitties.... go eat the nice food!! We are all sick with worry!!

Praying for Tux to find the food.

Debbie

Love4himies
November 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Oh no, Tux, please, please, please stay around 14+'s place. :pray::pray: :goodvibes::goodvibes:

Is chico able to come down for the day? Perhaps her voice and scent will keep him close by.

chico2
November 9th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Thank you 14+ and you know I don't blame you,if anyone is to blame it's me,for betraying the little trust he had in humans.
Yes,I am absolutely heartbroken,keep looking at where he used to sit and wait,as if by a miracle he would appear.

14+had a very nice comfy place for him,where he would have been safe,she is a little miracle herself.

We can only hope he's not too far away,not knowing is tearing me apart,I loved that little guy.
Thanks everyone for your :pray::grouphug::fingerscr:goodvibes:

BenMax
November 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Tux is a survivor and he will be ok I am certain.

Come on little man - stop being stubborn and get back to 14+K - you have no idea how good life could be...:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

diandpat
November 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Oh Dear, I just saw this...what an unexpected and unpredictable turn of events. Why don't they realize we are trying to help???:frustrated:

I am very optimistic that he will turn up somewhere at or near 14+'s. Even if not, it sounds much safer to be a stray around there then where you live Chico.

No one should feel like crap or that they betrayed him...except of course for the idiots who let him lose in the first place :yell:

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::fingerscr:finger scr:fingerscr

C'mon Tux...make the right decision!!!

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Just sending a few more :goodvibes: Tux's way!

Chris21711
November 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Chico, please don't think that you betrayed him, to the contrary you have saved him from probably ending up road-kill...neither you or 14k are to blame for anything.

mikischo
November 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Chico, you were only doing what you thought was best for Tux and nobody could have possibly foreseen this unfortunate turn of events. Sending lots of :2huggers:your way, and tonnes of :pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes: for Tux.

Love4himies
November 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Oh, chico, you didn't betray him :grouphug:. It was just a matter of time that a dangerous speeder would have gotten him. He was living a "no win" life.

I think there are too many cat smells around for him not to be a bit curious and stick around 14+'s place for a while.

rainbow
November 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I think there are too many cat smells around for him not to be a bit curious and stick around 14+'s place for a while.

I think so too and it's only a matter of time before Tux will be living in style. :cloud9:

C'mon Tux :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

chico2
November 9th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I hope so too,you have no idea how happy I would be,if 14+spotted him..
If I thought he would come to me,I would camp out at 14+ 24/7 maybe in the cattery..there is nothing I would not do to make him safe again:cry:
This is the time he would come for supper...if I only I could do yesterday over again:sad:
Rocky was all over me last night,I was crying and he would not leave my sight,snuggling up close to me,this is why Rocky is so very special to me,he senses how I feel and is a great comfort.
I am not religous,but as a last resort,I prayed for someone to protect Tux and bring him safely to 14+..

Winston
November 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Chico did Tux get loose on the property? I am pretty sure with all the cats around he will stick around...he may stay hiding for a bit to get his bearings but the amazing power of food can do wonders so to speak! and if Tux is not fixed he may like the idea of finding some of the girly kittys!

Please dont beat yourself up and wish you could do it over! he really is in a safer position..after all I hate to say it but you wont have to pick him up after being hit by a car!

Lots of prayers and good vibes for Tux! :candle:

chico2
November 9th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Winston,I watched him every day for at least three months,he is a very smart kitty,sits and watches left and right until it's safe to cross,but of course one day he might have misjudged a speeding car.

The first time I ever saw him,last winter,he was trying to eat some food frozen to my drive-way,food I had out for my crows.:sad:
Yes,he certainly is a survivor,but how will he survive in a strange place,unless he goes to 14+:sad:

mikischo
November 9th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Onster suggested leaving a piece of your clothing at 14+K's place where she has the food for him. I know the towel is there but it likely won't have a great deal of your scent on it. An unwashed article of clothing that belongs to you or a blanket that you use, perhaps. Just a thought.

chico2
November 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
mikischo,There is a blanket there that would have my sent,but he only got really close to me once,while i was filling his dish and as I was trying to touch him,he hissed at me,he has no trust in people,obviously been mistreated at one time:sad:
However,he never ran away from me,just kept a little distance between us..

Winston
November 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Because Tux was a stray I am not sure that your scent will be what draws him. I truly beleive he will stick to the area especially one he is not familiar with....and I think he will be motivated by food! he was with you obviously! he went in the trap!

Did he head off in an area that 14+ can watch out for him?

Love4himies
November 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Chico, I really don't think he will go to far. He is probably hiding and surveying his new area. Cats tend to go where they can smell other cats and we know that there are a lot of kitty smells there ;). Plus, 14+ is keeping out food for him, so he really won't want to take the chance to get too far away. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Oh, chico! :grouphug: Remember that Tux has been taking care of himself for a very long time. If he's anywhere near 14+'s place, he's sure to come in for food eventually. You got him out of a very dangerous situation and even if where he's at now isn't ideal, it must be a whole lot better than navigating your busy street. So don't fret. :2huggers: You did the best you could and kismet intervened...but I still think Mr Tux is going to show up at 14+'s :goodvibes:

14+kitties
November 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
No sign yet. But you can look at that as a good thing. He isn't on the road. I have the trap set and food in a few different places. I figure hunger has to bring him out of hiding soon. I don't think he's gone too far. The fields are too heavy with tall weeds to see anything but my gut says he couldn't have gone too far. They usually don't. He probably ran for a bit last night and then found a spot to hunker down. Lord knows there's enough areas around for that. The trap has nice smelly tuna in it. He may go back in because he knows he got out of it yesterday so it may not scare him off.
I did notice when I got home from work that all of the food in the greenhouse had been eaten. That is a little unusual for as early in the day as it was.
I am praying with everything I can pray with that he comes around soon. :fingerscr:fingerscr

ancientgirl
November 9th, 2009, 07:25 PM
:fingerscr:fingerscr:pray::pray:I hope he decides to take a chance and goes in the trap again!

Tux! come on boy!

Ryan48
November 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Just checking in on our Tux. Hugs.....saying prayers.

Ryan

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
14+ I'm hoping that it is Tux that is eating the food in the greenhouse!! Come on Tux find the food!

rainbow
November 9th, 2009, 11:20 PM
C'mon Tux ..... go in the trap before the snow comes. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2009, 11:45 PM
He's still hanging out there, I know it. :fingerscr that he's the one that partook of the greenhouse food. C'mon, Tux! Paradise awaits if you just put a paw forward to take it! :goodvibes:

chico2
November 10th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I am sorry girls,but I am a mess,can't eat(maybe lose a few lb,s),can't sleep,all I see when I close my eyes is his crooked little face..

He was a stray,but for at least 3 month's he had me to rely on for 2 big meals every day,gained weight and looked 100% better,yes the street might have ended up killing him,but to be honest,I'd rather have buried him than not knowing where he is and what dangers he's facing.
If it was possible,I'd look for him 24hours/day,but he probably would not come to me.

But it's too late for regrets,I am still holding on to the glimmer of hope he'll find his way to 14+ and food.
We had very good intentions,he would have been warm and well fed this winter at 14+,I know she would have loved him as much as I did.
However,fate had other plans for him,I don't know why,he certainly deserved a little happiness and comfort.

I know everyone here involved in rescue,deal with sadness all the time and probably think I am a real wuss and this is exactly why I could never do what all you heroes do.
14+thank you:grouphug:sorry for all this:sad:

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Chico, don't lose hope. He's likely hanging around over at 14+'s place. He's a tough cookie and a survivor. I know it's just a matter of time before he shows himself. :grouphug:

mikischo
November 10th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Chico, you are definitely not a wuss, and I understand how you feel because I would be feeling exactly the same way.:2huggers: Tux has touched many of us through your writings about him and the pictures. Tux is strong and smart. Let's hold on to that hope. Its not over yet. Hang in there. We are here for you and we understand. Sending more :pray::pray::goodvibes::goodvibes: for Tux.

diandpat
November 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Aw Chico, I am sure he is hanging out at 14+'s getting a feel for things. He could not have ventured too far from the sounds of it. He might even be the one eating the food already.

Please, don't you get sick now...you have your own lot to take care of too ;)

I am confident this will have a happy ending soon :goodvibes:

BenMax
November 10th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Chico2 - you must remain strong and optimistic. We are not going to let you go down emotionally. This is NOT anyone's fault.

Someone posted that the smells of the other cats and the food will entice him to stick around. This makes a heck of alot of sense to me.

Hang in there Chico2 and 14+K. Keep the faith ladies.....:grouphug:

Love4himies
November 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Awwwww, chico, don't loose hope. Tux is a survivor and I really don't think he has gone too far. He just needs to collect his thoughts and will be out exploring and looking for food. Their sense of smell is so much better than ours and I really, really think he will stick around 14+'s place. He is not a true feral and 14+ is the kitty whisperer so even if she can't get him to go into a trap, I bet she could entice him into a large cage.

Right now I have a stray kitty that I am trying to catch and he goes to those houses that currently have cats, so strays do stick around where there are cat smells. :grouphug:

I know you think what you did was not for the best of Tux, but I think it was. Remember Misty, the stray that I was feeding shortly after I got Jasper (was my first post on the forum). Well, she got hit by a car on the Parkway and I found her, just hours after I last fed her :cry:. It was horrible when I found her, I screamed and ran into traffic with horns blowing at me. I would much rather know that Misty was being fed in safety than her crossing a busy street everyday.

14+kitties
November 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
It is so hard for me to think of anything to say. I feel so much guilt over Tux. I know in my heart he won't go too far. There is food here. It is a big calling card. Especially for a cat used to eating on a regular basis. The trap had been sprung last night. I don't know if it was Tux or not but I truly hope it was. There was signs that the food was trying to be grabbed from the end that does not open. All of the food in the greenhouse was eaten again. Normally the boys don't clean the dishes as well as they were last night. The food I left in the crate was also gone. And I could tell there was something rummaging in the recyling box. I will make sure there is extra food out tomorrow.
Tomorrow I may have another calling card if Tux is indeed intact. I am taking a kitten in to get fixed for a coworker's mom. She is a stray that has been left to fend for herself around 4 or 5 months old. If she can be caught I will pick her up tomorrow and keep her in another crate in the small greenhouse. If she is here and goes into heat it may be enough to call him out. She will be here for about a month or so because I want to take Calysta and Kearn in at the same time. Lots of time for her hormones to click in.
I am so sorry chico that I let you down. If I could have that time back I would. Maybe I could change things. I don't know. I am just so so sorry.

BenMax
November 10th, 2009, 11:13 AM
14+K - you did not let anyone down.

It pains me so that both you and Chico2 are carrying a very heavy burdeon. You both have done so very much - why are you both so hard on yourselves?

My dear friends - you both are such incredibly wonderful and loving people. You need not feel guilty. Things have a way of working out.:grouphug:

aslan
November 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
14+ would it be possible to call around to some rescues or something and see if anyone has a kitty already in heat, see if they'll let you take her bedding to use as bait.. she would be spotting and the scent would be really strong on anything she has been laying or sitting on.

Chico2 like i already said, i have no doubt Tux is hanging around and 14+ will work her magic. You did a good thing for him..He may even climb into the catuary on his own.

Love4himies
November 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hindsight is always 20/20 vision, 14+ :grouphug: :grouphug:. There was no way for you to know that he could escape from the trap. I would never, in a million years, have thought so.

Tux was FAR from safe at Chico's place, a busy road is a killing field for cats who try to cross them. Both of you did the absolutely best thing for him, so don't feel guilty for one moment :grouphug::grouphug:.

A female in heat can also bring out males who are altered too. Look at my Not a Stud Anymore Man, Jasper, so hopefully this intact kitty you are taking in will make him more brave and come out of hiding during the day :pray:.

Love4himies
November 10th, 2009, 11:35 AM
14+ would it be possible to call around to some rescues or something and see if anyone has a kitty already in heat, see if they'll let you take her bedding to use as bait.. she would be spotting and the scent would be really strong on anything she has been laying or sitting on.

Chico2 like i already said, i have no doubt Tux is hanging around and 14+ will work her magic. You did a good thing for him..He may even climb into the catuary on his own.

I was thinking the same thing, aslan. Cats, for the most part are very social and like to be around other cats.

chico2
November 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Oh,no 14+,I would never,ever blame you,you are the"bestest",I have never met anyone as dedicated to kitties like you.
I am :pray:ing you are right,that he's around your place:pray:
But in my heart,I think he's looking for the only home he's known and he won't find it.

Here at my house,Tux would clean a dish better than the dishwasher,never leave a smidgen behind.
I would give him a can of Friskis plus dry food twice daily and he would still go in to his"house"where I left a couple of treats:cat:he has a very healthy appetite.
I am getting about 30cans of Sheeba from my sons landlord on thu or fri,my cats won't eat it,but the cattery might like it???
I was also thinking of bringing Tux's"house",it would be something he knows and I have no use for it any more...I also have some carpeting(not used)you might be able to use..and please,please you are not the cause of my tears,not your fault....I am a real cry-baby,always have been:sad:

aslan
November 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Chico2 he is in a huuuuuge new backyard with far less cars and a whoooole whack of mouses to hunt and a bunch of kitty friends just waiting to be friends. As you've said he is a smart kitty, he'll come around. This is one time i will say that cats are much smarter than our puppers. I was thinking he might recognize the kitty house too..

chico2
November 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Oh I forgot,thank you everyone,I know you all care...I wish Tux would know he's almost as famous as Garfield:cat:

rainbow
November 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
14+ and chico, you both need to stop being so harsh on yourselves. :grouphug: Things happen that we have no control over sometimes and I also am in the group that believes Tux is hanging close by. :thumbs up

The little kitty that is close to coming into heat is a good idea as is bringing Tux's "house" over to 14+'s. Maybe even an unwashed tshirt of your as well, Chico.

I'm sure this will all have a happy ending and Tux will be living in paradise at 14+'s soon. :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Chico and 14+, you guys are not allowed to beat yourselves up for this.

Tux is a very street-wise kitty. He got out and it's not your fault.

I think he's way better off where he is now, because at least he won't get hit by a car crossing the street, and there is plenty of food and other cats where he is. He's sure to come out of hiding soon. :goodvibes::goodvibes:

chico2
November 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Thank you again everyone,I think I feel a little better,if I knew he was still in 14+area,I would not worry at all,I know he could not be in a better place.

When I talked to a lady in the town-houses,trying to find out if he had a home,she said he is a mean cat and people throw things at him:sad:they also trap cats and who knows what they do with them.
So if Tux really is at 14+place,he is safer for sure...judging by his face,he's been in many fights,so hopefully he will not upset 14+kitties.
I never saw any signs of aggression in him,but he only saw Rocky in the open window.
Rocky still eats his dinner in the window,waiting for Tux to come around.

14+kitties
November 10th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Trap is set with nice fresh tuna. Lots of food out otherwise. I don't know if he will go back in the trap so soon but we'll see. If he's hungry enough he will. :fingerscr:fingerscr
Good news is I drove all around today. No sign anywhere of him. I think that's good anyway. I would think he is pretty close to the back of the greenhouses. This is one time I wish hubby would have looked after the weeds back there better. :frustrated: But I'm sure he will smell the food.
aslan - your idea of a kitty in heat already or whatever they were lying on is a good one. Unfortunately I am not up to going looking right now. Also, female cats in heat don't technically bleed.
So another day........... :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

aslan
November 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM
really,,,puppers kinda do. i can see what i can find from my end,, not doing whole heck of alot anyway..just wondering have you switched the trap you're using. was thinking maybe something was malfunctioning with the one that he could open it.

ancientgirl
November 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
When I talked to a lady in the town-houses,trying to find out if he had a home,she said he is a mean cat and people throw things at him

Oh Chico, that's what I had hoped wasn't happening. That poor sweet boy. :sad: He may even have gotten something thrown at his face and that's why it's like that.

As my days on this earth pass, I realize more and more that humans (not all, but most) are terrible terrible creatures.

Tundra_Queen
November 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I am sorry girls,but I am a mess,can't eat(maybe lose a few lb,s),can't sleep,all I see when I close my eyes is his crooked little face..

He was a stray,but for at least 3 month's he had me to rely on for 2 big meals every day,gained weight and looked 100% better,yes the street might have ended up killing him,but to be honest,I'd rather have buried him than not knowing where he is and what dangers he's facing.
If it was possible,I'd look for him 24hours/day,but he probably would not come to me.

But it's too late for regrets,I am still holding on to the glimmer of hope he'll find his way to 14+ and food.
We had very good intentions,he would have been warm and well fed this winter at 14+,I know she would have loved him as much as I did.
However,fate had other plans for him,I don't know why,he certainly deserved a little happiness and comfort.

I know everyone here involved in rescue,deal with sadness all the time and probably think I am a real wuss and this is exactly why I could never do what all you heroes do.
14+thank you:grouphug:sorry for all this:sad:

Chico I completely understand why your feeling the way u do. I couldn't do what 14+ does either. I just couldn't handle the sadness, it would literally break my heart and my soul. and I would just keep thinking about it all the time.

I'm still praying for Tux, that he is eating the food and will hang around 14+ and know that it is safe there.

Debbie :grouphug:

Winston
November 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Chico & 14+ please dont beat yourselves up...things happen and I truly believe they happen for a reason.

Those of us that have been out to 14+ to see her and the kitties know well enough there is a ton of temptation for a street kitty like Tux to stick around. Lots of areas to hide in! lots of kitties to tempt him! lots of good food that he doesnt have to worry is going away. Chico you know food motivated Tux and I feel that will keep him close! he is obviously a very smart cat that knows how to deal with life! all you have to do is look at his cute little crooked mouth to know he is a tough guy!

We all need to stay positive and keep our spirits up!!

Hugs my friends!!

edwina
November 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
:pray: that Tux is found safe and sound :grouphug:

krdahmer
November 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
:grouphug::pray::goodvibes:

onster
November 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Chico, 14+ :grouphug::grouphug:

I am so sure he is around :fingerscr Please God, let Tux go to 14+'s :pray:

if only we could get a surveillance cam at the feed station to know who/what's eating the food...

rainbow
November 10th, 2009, 11:18 PM
if only we could get a surveillance cam at the feed station to know who/what's eating the food...

That would be awesome. :thumbs up

C'mon Tux :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
November 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Onster,I honestly do not think there is anything wrong with the trap,maybe I in my inexperience did something wrong??
This never happened before and 14+has caught several cats with this same trap.

As it is right now,14+has too many things to worry about,I will not add to her problems,I can only hope and :pray:my little Tux is sticking around:sad:

A-G,I often think bad things always happen to good people(14+and many others)while evil,coldhearted people get rewarded,but these people don't feel the joy and love we get from all our 4-legged friends.
Tears and heartbreak comes along with caring and loving:cry:I have an unending supply of tears,for animals like Tux and others,but tears are not enough...

rainbow
November 11th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Still hoping and praying for Tux. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
November 12th, 2009, 07:47 AM
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: Tux please go into the trap :yell: :fingerscr

chico2
November 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Thank you girls,there has been many sad turns of events at 14+,she needs all our :pray::goodvibes:as does my sweet Tux:pray:

Love4himies
November 12th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Oh no, she is really having a bad streak of luck lately :sad:.

Sending her lots and lots of :goodvibes:.

I agree with your comment on bad things happen to good people, chico. It seems some really good people just seem to get kicked and kicked again :sad:.

14+kitties
November 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Just wanted to let you know 14+ is doing ok. No need to worry. The sick kitties are being treated. I know Brownie's future :sad:. Just have to deal with it. And I still feel Tux is around. He may not show himself for quite some time but I don't think he went too far. Too many things to explore around here.

BenMax
November 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM
14+K -my thoughts are with you dear friend.:grouphug:

edwina
November 12th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hopeing it will all turn out ok in the end :pray:
:grouphug:

Love4himies
November 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for checking in, 14+, my thoughts are with you. If there is anything, anything at all that I can do, just pm me :grouphug:

TwinTails
November 12th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Chico and 14+, I just wanted to offer what I am getting from Tux (although it wasn't asked for). He's nearby, hanging out in the low bushes beside one of the cattuary. He visits a black and white cat often. He knows what traps are and won't go into one. But, he has bee checking out the greenhouse (I see the door open and he's gone in a couple times). He's hesitant to go anywhere else, won't leave the area. He likes that there are other cats. He's safe, no worries there. I see a white door with a window left ajar, he's often looking at it, thinking about going in for a while. One of the cattuaries has a blue tarp over one side? He keeps the kitties company in the one next to that. He feels content, no upset nor angry. This is just something new to be calculated and carefully thought out (his words). His name was Thomas at one point. He likes the meat in gravey canned food the best, anything fishy. He also likes green beans or peas. He likes thick wool blankets to sleep in. He would like a lean-to shelter near the black and white cat (or is it a dark grey and white?), with a blanket and some fishy canned food. I see him watching you and everything going on. He says not to worry, that worrying is useless (he's a very wise old man!). He wants things his way. He's stubborn! Doesn't want to be an inside cat, doens't want to depend on anyone but himself. Though he likes the free food (lol, his words again). He likes 14+'s place, lots of cats, lots of things to watch. He's at the edge of the property in the bushes. He keeps saying he won't come out when anyone is out there, he doesn't want to be an indoor cat. He likes his freedom. He thanks you for the food and shelter, it's the most anyone has ever given him. He's very proud of himself. Very independant. He's chewing on some branches of either a cedar bush, or juniper bush (or something similar). It's what he likes to clean his teeth (like flossing). He had an injury on his nose (his right nostril side), kinda bugs him at times but not painful. No other injuries. Just would really like the lean-to, near the other cats ;)

I hope that helps some! I know it probably sounds like hooey to some, but he's very connected to you two - he knows you want to help, he just doesn't want to be a pampered cat (his words). He wants his life to be his own, but he will take the food, shelter and a wool blanket to sleep on. He also looks/feels to be neutered already (no female impulses there).

rainbow
November 13th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Hoping for a miracle for Brownie. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

And, hope Tux shows his face soon. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug:

chico2
November 13th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Wish I could believe you Twin Tails:cat:there is always hope though:pray:
Thank's to all our amazing members...

ancientgirl
November 13th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Wonderful reading TT. I hope Tux shows himself soon.

aslan
November 13th, 2009, 08:45 AM
isn't kr's mr in the secluded cage right at the end 14+. might be considered gray and white. I guess it is a matter of what you do or don't believe in..TT really hope you're right.

Love4himies
November 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I hope your vision is accurate, TT. :pray: I do feel the same thing too. I really think Tux is assessing his new environment.

chico2
November 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I would be the happiest person in the world,if he could only show himself:fingerscr
I know he would be in a great,loving kitty-place:pray:

cpietra16
November 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hi Chico, Any news yet?
:pray:

14+kitties
November 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Chico, Any news yet?
:pray:

Not chico but Tux is roaming my property so ........ there is signs that a cat is eating the food I am leaving out every night. chico brought out Tux's little shelter they had built for him and I had left some treats in it. It also had his scent because he had sprayed the mat over it. The treats were gone this morning. I am holding out tons of hope that he is close by and just not showing himself. Cats normally scope out a new place for quite some time before feeling comfortable. I have a strong feeling that is what he is doing.

Chris21711
November 16th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Not chico but Tux is roaming my property so ........ there is signs that a cat is eating the food I am leaving out every night. chico brought out Tux's little shelter they had built for him and I had left some treats in it. It also had his scent because he had sprayed the mat over it. The treats were gone this morning. I am holding out tons of hope that he is close by and just not showing himself. Cats normally scope out a new place for quite some time before feeling comfortable. I have a strong feeling that is what he is doing.

I'm with you on that Tux is around 14k....why would he go anywhere, cats are far from stupid....He just isn't ready to be seen right now. Once he gets used to the goings on and realizes that it is not so scary, I'm pretty certain that then he will make himself seen.........imo

ancientgirl
November 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I totally think he's scoping things out. I'm thinking as soon as he sees it's safe, he'll come out.

chico2
November 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM
14+,thank's for giving me hope:grouphug:
I know he is a smart kitty ,I used to put a few treats way in the back of his"house"and he would go there for dessert after his dinner.
I have a feeling you are right:fingerscr

rainbow
November 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
14+, thanks for the positive update on Tux. :thumbs up

I also believe he's there checking things out and it's only a matter of time before he shows himself. :goodvibes:

cpietra16
November 16th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I agree...he is not too far especially if foods right there. I hope he eventually shows himself...and its great to know that he sprayed the area...let us know if you get a glimpse ..:pray:

chico2
November 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
cpietra,the spraying was done when he was here and I brought the smelly carpet to cover his house,I would imagine he recognizes his own pee..
He was pretty good with me,but would probably run away for others,until he realizes 14+ is not going to hurt him.
He has been hurt before,by people:sad:

chico2
November 19th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I think of"my"boy Tux every day,but on this rainy miserable day even more so.
Like most cats,he hated rain,would not come and eat if it was raining:cat:
There is another b/w cat around in the townhouses,every time I see him I feel a little jolt,this one is bigger,fluffy and has a home.
He lives right next door to where an intact b/w female lives,the poor girl who has kittens all the time.
As for Tux,all I can do is hope he's safe at 14+,that he realizes he's in a good place.
Tux,I'll never forget your crooked little face,show yourself,please:fingerscr

quincymycat
November 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
:pray::goodvibes: for Tux, Chico. I just "feel" he is lurking around the property at 14+. I know any kitties that find their way here are very rarely ready to be greeted by me for a long time, but always find the food I leave around.
You and Tux remain in my thoughts.

14+kitties
November 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
There are tons of places for Tux to go and hide from the rain chico. At the back of the first field there is a huge pile of grape vines that were ripped up years ago and have never been burned. I'm thinking there are tons of spots under that pile of vines to hide very well from the rain. There is also tons of hubby's junk. You know, the stuff that can't be towed away or thrown out because he might need it someday so it sits and rots. :rolleyes: Tux will find a spot to hide from the rain.
There are signs of a cat eating the food in his house this morning. Hopefully it is him. :fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

ancientgirl
November 19th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I really do believe he's hanging around over there. There must just be so much for him to explore, he's probably in kitty heaven just taking it all in.:D

Love4himies
November 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Tux it is time to show your face :yell: :pray:

chico2
November 19th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I know you are all probably right,Tux is a survivor,it's just difficult for me,I was always soo pleased seeing him eat all that food I gave him.
Knowing,unlike last winter he at least had a full tummy.

I also know he could not be in a better place,if he's still around:cat:

Love4himies
November 19th, 2009, 05:01 PM
You know, chico, fear of the unknown is the worse fear. Tux is probably tucked in nice and warm and dry hoping 14+ kitties will put out more food for him tonight.

Ryan48
November 19th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hugs, still thinking good thoughts and saying prayers for Mr. Tux.

Rm

chico2
November 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Thank's Ryan,but I've lost hope,I think he's either dead,or wandering around somewhere far away from 14+ and no stranger is going to care about a kitty like him:sad:
He's on my mind always and the fact I did this to him...

Ryan48
November 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
You didn't do anything bad to Tux! What you did was what you felt was best for him, period. Your heart is a big heart! All we can do is what WE think is best for these babies.

Hugs
RM

14+kitties
November 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Thank's Ryan,but I've lost hope,I think he's either dead,or wandering around somewhere far away from 14+ and no stranger is going to care about a kitty like him:sad:
He's on my mind always and the fact I did this to him...

I just spent some time walking around behind the greenhouses in the fields. I did not see any dead cats. I didn't see any hiding in trees. There is so much stuff back there to hide in - hubby has tons of old farm equipment stored back in the fields - and the grass is so high there is no way I would be able to see him.
You did nothing to him. You took him from a place where his life would probably not have been much longer with the traffic and crossing the roads. You said yourself with the snowbanks in the winter he would probably get himself killed. He is out here somewhere having a great time catching mice. There is still food being eaten. I have my tenant watching for him as well now. He will let me know if he sees him.
Remember I told you about Niko escaping from the cataury before we got the new fence done last year? He climbed back in after a few days and didn't get a very good reception from the kitties because he smelled different then them so he took off again. I feared the worse too. I looked all over for him. Never saw him again. Then hubby called me one day in Sept from the deck. He asked what colour Niko was. I told him white with darker tabby spots and a tabby tail. He pointed to our neighbours' tree line. And there was Niko, walking along as if he had not a care in the world. I know I will never be able to catch him again BUT I also know he is out there still safe. I truly feel that one day it will be the same for Tux. Hopefully he will be closer than that. Like at the catuary. But he is still out here. He is still scoping things out. When he is ready he will show himself. Right now he is probably having a ball scoping out his new 'hood.
Now stop feeling bad for him. I think he is a lot happier here than he was in the city. That's my gut talking.

chico2
November 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Aww G,I cannot help the way I feel,in no way do I blame you:grouphug:
Tux was never really like a feral,he would show himself to me,knowing I brought food,he even one day in the summer,sat on our fence watching my guys outside.
I have to be honest with myself,I think his first instinct would be to find the only place he's known and try to get back there and of course he won't find it.
I feel like I dumped him,the way so many have done with your kitties and that certainly was not my intention,we had it all so well planned and it did not work out that way,that's all there is to it
Unlike you,I don't have much experience with strays and any cat is lucky to end up in your care,I just wish Tux would have known that.
I loved his little crooked face,I would never have done anything to hurt him,but I did and to be honest I feel really terrible about it,not a day goes by,that I don't cry for him:sad:
You certainly have enough on your plate,so please don't worry about me,I have to deal with it my own way,I'll never forget little Tux for sure,or what I did to him.

cpietra16
November 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Chico, he knows your voice, if it makes you feel any better, why don;t you take a trip down and see if he recognizes your voice..just a thought

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Chico, I saw a dead kitty on the road yesterday and I thought of Tux, he is MUCH better off at 14+'s free, then back in Oakville crossing the busy street. He is probably having a hayday catching all those mice, there are so much more food sources there, than in the city. Plus, I think he is snacking on 14+'s food.

Not sure how far you live from 14+, but cpietra has a good idea, the sound of your voice may be enough to bring him out of hiding.

chico2
November 23rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry girls,I should never have written that,I have my bad moments,filled with guilt and I should stay away from the Forum when that happens.:loser:

cpietra,L4H,Tux does not know his name,nor really my voice,if anything,he'll associate my voice with the scary trap.

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Lost kitties are not like dogs who run.

I had a kitty when I was a teenager who got out the car when we were travelling across Canada at a rest stop in Northwest Ontario. He ran into the woods. I screamed that I was not leaving without my cat so my father went after him. He found a place to hide and stopped.

This same cat got out of our motel room on our first night in Kingston ON (we moved from Winnipeg). Once again I panicked, couldn't find him anywhere. He ended up hiding in the long grass along a shallow creek just feet away from the motel room. He wouldn't come out during the day and waited until very late at night. That is when I found him.

More recently, Jasper who got "lost" and was scared, wouldn't respond to my voice even though I was calling him for hours in the area (once only feet away from him). He wouldn't even move when I parted the grass and he looked at me.

What I am trying to say is that Tux is probably still in the area. If there is food there, he will stick around until the food source dries up or something scares him away. We know the food source isn't going to dry up.

I know you are very worried, as I would be too, but I think he is doing just fine. :grouphug: Crossing that road was a ticking time bomb for him :sad:.

Ryan48
November 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
I agree. Great point. Cats do tend to stick around.

RM