Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Back from holidays

Chany
August 22nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Hey guys! Its been awhile but now I'm back with some new questions and need help. :o We're in the process of rescuing 3 mini horses and I'm wondering if any of you guys have any solid information on them. I've been on the internet alot lately and think I've found enough information on it but am wondering does anyone have experience with them or other horses or any other livestock?

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
Welcome back!! :)

Mini horses - wow! I don't have horses, and the only thing I know about minis is that they have problems associated with their dwarfism.

You can read about it HERE (http://www.vetcentric.com/magazine/magazineArticle.cfm?ARTICLEID=1231) if you haven't already.

Can't wait for pics!

wAggie
August 22nd, 2004, 11:16 PM
yes... welcome back!

u've been missed. :)

Catt31
August 23rd, 2004, 12:02 AM
No kidding girl....where ya been?? Somewhere tropical I hope!! LOL We missed ya!!

I've dealt with horses in my day, but never mini's.....did watch a really cute show about one mini that was used as a seeing eye horse....had little sneakers and everything...was sooo cute!! Sorry I'm not much more help!!

daisy18216
August 23rd, 2004, 12:07 AM
Welcome Back!!!! :D

as for your horse question, sorry i can't help. I don't have any experience in horses.

chico2
August 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
I can be of no help either,but wish I had a couple in my backyard...but if you are able to help and have the space,why not?
They are adorable,but a little sad are they manmade little wonders or was there really a mini-horse breed?
Excuse my ignorance!!
Welcome back!!

glasslass
August 23rd, 2004, 09:01 AM
I saw that show with the sneakers! Pop never had any mini's as customers. I remember they said they're really intelligent and can be housebroken!

Princesss04
August 23rd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Welcome back on board! :D

Chany
August 23rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys!! :) No, we never went anywhere special but soon school starts and I'll have free time again :o THANKFULLY!!! :) I've really missed you guys!!!

Chico I don't think I'd even attempt to housetrain these 3 mares. The height at their backs are 38-40 inches, so they're not dwarfs. 2 of the mares are 7 and the other is 11 so they've been around for awhile.
We hope to have everything ready for them by the end of September. At least they're not as inimidating as a big horse to me.
Wags, hows Choco and Ho? Catt, how's the zoo and wedding plans coming?
Is everyone having an enjoyable summer? Hope so!
Anything new happening around here?

wAggie
August 23rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
hahahaha!

besides the somewhat usual, choco's getting hairier, and ho'es getting... a bit more aggressive towrads choco... we're working on that.

other than that, life's just peachy, really. :D

thanx for asskkkkinggggggg :D :D

Catt31
August 23rd, 2004, 10:23 PM
I know...don't remind me!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!! !I have to go back to work on Monday!!! Booo hooooooooooo!!!!

The zoo is good, did you see the pic of our new house guest?? He's just here till the end of August though!!! Tim bought me a fish tank for my birthday so I have 14 new members of our zoo!!!

Wedding plans are coming along - haven't done a whole lot: got invitation paper and ideas on the go (doing them ourselves), booked a photographer, and a DJ....and thats about it!! Will do more in October once school is rolling and settled down a bit!!! 7 more months....I can't wait!!! :D

Thanks for asking!! :D Oh, btw, you didn't miss anything out of the ordinary...the usual trolls and morons, but LOTS of newbies who are very very nice!!!! :)

Brick says hello!!! He is doing very well in his doggie classes....such a smart boy!!! HOw are your babies (furry and human)????