Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think we are making some good progress with the newbies...

diandpat
October 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Well, it has been quite a week. First of all, Pat has not called Ziggy "Ziggy" once so we have decided to change his name to Rascal...he is a little rascal anyways and it is a fitting tribute to the "Rascal" who peaked my interests in cats :lovestruck:

It has been very emotional with Zuzu recovering from her spay and Rascal coming down with full blown Rhino. They are both doing well now and the only hissing left is when one or the other is using the litterboxes...how weird is that???? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here are some pics from this week...

Bedtime...no room for me :frustrated:

Sweet Rascal :cloud9:

Sleepy Zuzu :lovestruck:

diandpat
October 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
Caesar has Big Daddy, I have Ginger...she is not giving up her spot for anyone :laughing::laughing::laughing:

She just got up there and squeezed in...she just kills me :cloud9:

diandpat
October 22nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
And the progress between the two of them...

JanM
October 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Beautiful to see! Looks like everyone is doing well - but when (and where) do you get to sleep :laughing:

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Wonderful pics!! You sure can tell in that first one that hubby is a proud papa!! He looks so happy to be surrounded by all that fur.
Love the ones of the kitties close together. It doesn't take long normally to get to that point. Now they are both feeling more themselves soon the couch pics should be of the two of them curled together. Not at both ends. :cloud9:
The name change is very fitting. :thumbs up

TeriM
October 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Congrats on the new additions, they are gorgeous :lovestruck:. I'm glad everyone is getting along so well, that shot with your hubby is hilarious :laughing:. Hope you manage to figure out a spot to sleep :D.

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Don't you love the nightly wrestling matches to make room on the bed? It's become a family tradition here! :laughing:

The feline duo seem to be getting along purrrty well :thumbs up What were they watching out that window?

Dog Dancer
October 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Love the bed shot - my hubby would never let the critters onto the bed let alone look so happy about it! I miss that from pre-hubby days. I thought the blanket dog was a real dog at first!! Those two are a match.

ancientgirl
October 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
LOL, the bed shot is wonderful. Pat looks pretty pleased!

Okay, I have to say, that photo with the dog throw confused the heck out of me.:laughing:

So, is Ziggy now Rascal?

pbpatti
October 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Okay, I have to say, that photo with the dog throw confused the heck out of me.:laughing:

threw me too AG, I had to go back and look at what you were seeing and I thought that the first one already had ginger sitting there and then another doggie showed up. :laughing:

chico2
October 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
It through me for a loop too,I thought there was two dogs on that couch.
Love how happy and contended everyone looks,the kitties will love each other in no time at all,I am certain:lovestruck:
Good to hear Rascal is feeling better:thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
October 24th, 2009, 09:17 AM

So, is Ziggy now Rascal?

I thought U had TWO dogs..so I had to go back and look too.

Hubs does look very happy with all the "kids" around him. *S*

Debbie

diandpat
October 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM

So, is Ziggy now Rascal?

Yes, Ziggy is now Rascal. Pat didn't get it right once this week. Kept calling him "it" or Rascal so we agreed to switch. Good thing too as now that he is feeling better he is into EVERYTHING!!! He can open the cupboard doors and get into all the cupboards OMG :crazy:

threw me too AG, I had to go back and look at what you were seeing and I thought that the first one already had ginger sitting there and then another doggie showed up. :laughing:

It through me for a loop too,I thought there was two dogs on that couch.
Love how happy and contended everyone looks,the kitties will love each other in no time at all,I am certain:lovestruck:
Good to hear Rascal is feeling better:thumbs up

I thought U had TWO dogs..so I had to go back and look too.

Hubs does look very happy with all the "kids" around him. *S*

Debbie

Pat and I both love the furkids in bed with us. Truth be told, Ginger usually gets off once the carrots are gone, Hobo sleeps at my feel, Rascal sleeps and Pat's feet and Zuzu snuggles between the two of us. By morning only Hobo is left on the bed. The others all move onto their own beds.

It reminded me by all your comments, in the old days when we first got Ginger Pat still wore contacts. In the mornings, before he would put them in, he would OFTEN come down wish "Ginger" a good morning when in fact he was talking to the dog head on the throw :laughing::laughing::laughing: She wasn't even on the couch :p

ancientgirl
October 24th, 2009, 01:46 PM
It reminded me by all your comments, in the old days when we first got Ginger Pat still wore contacts. In the mornings, before he would put them in, he would OFTEN come down wish "Ginger" a good morning when in fact he was talking to the dog head on the throw :laughing::laughing::laughing: She wasn't even on the couch :p

:laughing::laughing:OMG that's hilarious! Sounds like something I'd do. I can't see a darn thing without my glasses!

growler~GateKeeper
October 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Adorable pics :cloud9: I see Ginger is still a wee bit unsure of Zuzu especially when she's facing/looking at her, where as Rascal's not facing/looking at Ginger on the couch so she'll get right next to him :laughing:

rainbow
October 24th, 2009, 11:59 PM

:laughing:

Cute pics :lovestruck: and glad to hear that the newbies are starting to get along :thumbs up but my Ziggy is totally offended that you don't like his name. :D

diandpat
October 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
:laughing:

Cute pics :lovestruck: and glad to hear that the newbies are starting to get along :thumbs up but my Ziggy is totally offended that you don't like his name. :D

Please tell Ziggy not to be offended...we love that name. It's just that Pat never remembered to say it. He always called him Rascal. Truth be told, I am pretty sure he calls me Babe because he can't remember my name either :p

I am pretty sure there will be a Ziggy in our future at some point :rolleyes: