Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Animals

Writing4Fun
October 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Hey folks. Thought I'd post an updated pic of Phoebe, and some pics of the newest members of my furry family. The kitten's name is Marble (a.k.a. Princess Marble Stinky Butt ... wow, this cat can clear a room!). She was just adopted from the Newmarket OSPCA last Thursday. She's about 9 weeks old and yes, she's been spayed. The lizard's name is Salamance. She's a crested gecko, about 5-6 months old.

Macomom
October 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Wow, what a great bunch. I love your gecko! I think geckos are so neat- I love their little round feet and they way they spring.

JanM
October 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Nice family! Love the kitty's colouring too...

ancientgirl
October 21st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Cute! I love little Marble! It took me a while to see the gecko. :laughing: I thought he was part of the tree.

Writing4Fun
October 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks all. :D Marble is settling into her new home in typical kitten fashion ... terrorizing the dog, knocking over garbage cans, climbing my leg as I try to work... :rolleyes: Phoebe just tries her best to stay out of Marble's way. The gecko is awesome. She's our first reptile, so I tried to choose one with minimal maintenance requirements, and I pretty much nailed it with the crestie. She's super cute, too, because of her "crests" that make it look like she has spikey little eyelashes. :lovestruck:

rainbow
October 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
:eek: I just about fell off my chair when I seen a post from you .....good to see ya back. :thumbs up

Phoebe is looking good :lovestruck: and what an adorable tortie little Marble is. :cloud9:

Cute wee gecko too. :D

katb
October 22nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Neat pictures. Thanks for sharing. I really like the lizard. Interesting.

Dog Dancer
October 22nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hey is that a little pile of money I see looking at me from under Salamance?? Nice looking pets, kitty seems to be adjusting well. Good to see you back again.

TeriM
October 24th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Congrats on the new kittie, she is adorable :lovestruck:. Phoebe is also looking wonderful :flirt:.

Tundra_Queen
October 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi

Love the pics and the grecko is kewl! What does it eat?

Debbie

diandpat
October 24th, 2009, 01:24 PM
What a busy household you must have :thumbs up Lots of sweet faces :lovestruck:

Hope the kitty stops her terror streak soon so Phoebe can relax :laughing:

So, do you enjoy the gecko???

chico2
October 24th, 2009, 04:21 PM
W4F,great to see you back:thumbs up
Love Phoebe and the little Tortie and I too kind of like Geckos,they are such perfect little critters.

growler~GateKeeper
October 24th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Awww wee little tortie baby :lovestruck: Phoebe's looking good :cloud9: what does she think of Salamance? Gecko's are :cool: their little round toes are so cute :cloud9:

Writing4Fun
October 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I know, Rainbow...I haven't been around in quite a while. :o

Dog Dancer ... pile of money? :confused:

Salamance eats a powdered concoction called "Crested Gecko Diet" or CGD for short (yeah, they're real creative in the herp world :rolleyes:). Mix 1 part powder to 2 parts water and you're good to go. You can feed them little pinhead crickets if you want, but it's not necessary...CGD is a complete diet.

Phoebe is completely indifferent about Salamance, except for when Sally is diverting our attention away from Phoebe for more than thirty seconds at a time. :laughing: Marble hasn't discovered Salamance ... yet. Not looking forward to the day she does. I don't thiknk Sally will enjoy being stalked. I just hope she doesn't throw her tail. :eek: Marble has warmed up to Phoebe, and Phoebe is tolerating Marble, but I think that's all I can hope for at this point...at least until Marble gets past the "attacking toes n tails" stage. :p

Golden Girls
October 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hey nice to see you again ;)

Dog Dancer ... pile of money? :confused:lol I kept going back trying to find the money too :laughing:

Salamance eats a powdered concoction called "Crested Gecko Diet" or CGD for short (yeah, they're real creative in the herp world :rolleyes:). Mix 1 part powder to 2 parts water and you're good to go. You can feed them little pinhead crickets if you want, but it's not necessary...CGD is a complete diet.
Where did you get your Gecko :lovestruck: One of my gf's acquired a hitch-hicker from a plant years ago ... I can't wait to tell her it doesn't need "crickets" gawd I can't look when she puts one in the tank :yell:

Congrat's on your new addition, never heard of spaying so young? :confused:

Writing4Fun
October 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hey GG. Most likely, your gf's lizard does need crickets. The crested gecko is very different from other geckos. Kind of a cool back-story...they were thought to be extinct until around 1996, when they were found again on a little island off the coast of Australia. Now, they're becoming the most popular lizards for first-time keepers. :) They live in temperate forest areas, so are suited to our climate. Room temp is fine for them, so no extra heating is required, and they're nocturnal, so no UVA or UVB lights are needed either. :thumbs up

I was surprised to see Marble spayed at such a young age, too, but apparently it's not uncommon, especially in the shelters. She came from the OSPCA...if I can't trust them, who can I trust? My vet wasn't overly concerned about it, either, and Marble doesn't seem to be suffering for it, so I'm not going to worry. ;)

Oh, and we got her at a local reptile-specific store in our area.

Frenchy
November 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Hey W4F !!!! Welcome back ! :crazy:

Phoebe looks great :thumbs up

Marble is adorable :lovestruck: love her coloring :lovestruck:

Salamance is ... cute too :laughing:

how is hubby doing ?? :goodvibes:

Ryan48
November 26th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I love lizards! Your animals are very cute.

RM