Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few pics of my sweeties

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I have taken a lot of pics lately, but just haven't had time to post them.

So here they are. :D

Darby absolutely is crazy about Tegan! She can't get enough cuddle time with Tegan. She likes to rub herself all over Tegan and groom here. It is so cute! :laughing:

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Here are some more of Darby and Tegan.59124

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Darby will roll back and forth by Tegan, it's like she is on cat nip, but she's not. LOL Poor Tegan doesn't know what this cat is doing. Sometimes she will look at me as if to say Mom will u tell her to stop I'm trying to sleep here! :laughing:59127

Tegan is really the only one Darby interacts with. Her and Willie don't get along as Willie will hiss at Darby and Darby will stand her ground and hiss back. It doesn't happen every day that Darby will hiss back but if Willie is not backing down Darby will make him. I hope things will settle down though. Darby was going to bite Willie the other day when he tried to get up on the bed and Darby didn't want him up there. I had to tell her to stop.

Darby still isn't playing much with the other cats or her toys. :sad: Poor kitty.

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM
more of Tegan and Darby..I knew I had taken a lot of them, but didn't know I took this many. :laughing:59130

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 04:53 AM

59135More of Tegan and Darby...sorry :D

Winston
October 20th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Awe TQ Darby and Teegan are so cute together! Darby was a stray right?

DO you think maybe in her previous home she had a doggie friend??

Love the pics they sooo cute!

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Winston, Yes Darby was a stray. She might of had a doggie friend, but Willie was a feral, though a young one, and he walked right up to hubs GS and bonded. Glenna was Willie's surrogate mommy and now Tegan is too. Seems like all our cats just love Tegan. I think they know that she won't hurt hem.59136

We had two black labs, both guide dogs and one winter there was a cat up a tree outside calling, so I tried to get it down from the tree with a 2X 4...snow was 5 ft deep so I couldn't get to the tree myself. LOL He wouldn't get on the plank so I left the plank up against the tree with the porch door open and when he finally came down he came into the house. The 2 dogs went and met him and everything was fine. Maybe because guide dogs are taught not to chase kitties the cats don't fear them...I'm not sure. O'Shawnnessey and Mirabelle didn't have much contact with dogs either and Mirabelle was the only cat we've had that has been scared of Tegan, but she is scared of everything and now she loves Tegan too! (Mirabelle and OS and their mom and brother were found in a junk car out in the bush.)

Debbie

Winston
October 20th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Awe TQ is that Willie there?? OMG what a little cutie pie!

Isnt is amazing how dogs and cats interact? they never scease to amaze me!

Maybe Darby isnt gonna be a playgirl type? I know my 2 were not really playful pretty much all their lives but 13 years later when they get a spurt of energy it sounds like a herd of elephants playing!:laughing:

Glenna was a beauty! I have a soft spot for GSD's....

Cindy

Melinda
October 20th, 2009, 06:10 AM
you have gorgeous fur babies, I love how well they get along!!

Love4himies
October 20th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Awwww Darby has found her best friend :cloud9: :lovestruck:. That is so sweet.

I think Tegan looks like she is not too sure what to make of Darby :laughing:

ancientgirl
October 20th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Aww, those are so cute. Darby just feels comfortable with Tegan. I love that.

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Awe TQ is that Willie there?? OMG what a little cutie pie!

Isnt is amazing how dogs and cats interact? they never scease to amaze me!

Maybe Darby isnt gonna be a playgirl type? I know my 2 were not really playful pretty much all their lives but 13 years later when they get a spurt of energy it sounds like a herd of elephants playing!:laughing:

Glenna was a beauty! I have a soft spot for GSD's....

Cindy

Yes, the little orange kitty is willie...we had a pekanese/pug then too who would play with willie using his nose...it was so funny LOL

you have gorgeous fur babies, I love how well they get along!!
thanks, they do make me smile *S*

Awwww Darby has found her best friend :cloud9: :lovestruck:. That is so sweet.

I think Tegan looks like she is not too sure what to make of Darby :laughing:

Your right,,Tegan gives me this look every once in a while like "MOM what that heck is she?" LOL

Tundra_Queen
October 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Aww, those are so cute. Darby just feels comfortable with Tegan. I love that.

Yeah she does. All the kitties really love Tegan. Mirabelle rolls all over her tail and Tegan just sits and watches her hoping she won't bite her tail, which she sometimes does. LOL

14+kitties
October 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I would think that Darby had a dog as a friend in her last home. She sure acts like she knows what they are. How sweet. :cloud9: Love the pics!!!

Dee-O-Gee
October 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Great pics TQ--the snuggle, curl up in a ball pictures are so sweet! Looks like there is no need to doggie train Darby! :)

pbpatti
October 20th, 2009, 09:39 PM
TQ what a wonderful couple they make. I loved the pics with Darby curled around Tegan and the grooming.

growler~GateKeeper
October 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
TQ those are adorable pics :cloud9: make you want to go lay down & snuggle with those two :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
October 21st, 2009, 02:50 AM
Thanks everyone,,, O'Shawnnessey use to sleep with Tegan, but Darby has sort of taken over OS' spot. LOL I think Tegan needs a bigger pillow so all the cats can sleep with her on the main floor. Up in the bedroom all the cats like to lay around her.. :laughing:

Debbie

edwina
October 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Lovely furbabies :cloud9:

JanM
October 22nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
It's so nice to see two get along like these two! Very sweet.

diandpat
October 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Aw, those are so so sweet :cloud9: I hope one day I can have that kind of love in my home with my critters...for now just happy no one is trying to eat anyone else :D

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Darby was raised in a dog pack as a kitten. She obviously thinks she's a dog!! :lovestruck: Tegan is such a sweetheart to make her feel so comfy! :angel:

Dog Dancer
October 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
What great pics. I just love when cats and dogs snuggle. We could all learn a thing or two from their willingness to overlook the differences.

bendyfoot
October 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
soooooo cute!!! SQUEEE!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::cloud9 :

chico2
October 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Tegan and Darby look like a match made in heaven,absolutely adorable,you must be so proud of these two:lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
October 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Here are some pics of the other kitties with Tegan,,,I tell ya they all love her. LOL

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
October 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Here is a pic of O'Shawnessey and Mirabelle last year with Tegan shortly after we adopted them.

Tundra_Queen
October 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Here is more. *S*

These two are of Mirabelle and Tegan. 5924359242

And this is Willie and OS and Mirabelle. 59241

Tundra_Queen
October 23rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Here are some more.

Tundra_Queen
October 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
one more of Willie snuggling with Tegan. See,, all the kitties love her! :laughing:

14+kitties
October 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
It is clear that Tegan is a cat in dog's clothing! That is the only thing that would explain the willingness of all of the regular cats getting close to her. :D
You are so fortunate to have a dog that loves kitties and visa versa. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
October 23rd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Awwww :cloud9: more cute snuggly pics :lovestruck:

TeriM
October 24th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Awww, those snuggle pics are adorable :lovestruck:.

chico2
October 24th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Awww,Tegan must be an amazingly patient sweet pup,love beautiful Willie:lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
October 24th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Tegan is a very gentle soul. :)
She is very careful when she walks so she doesn't step on anyone and sometiems that is hard as they are all around her. LOL She moves very slowly and when we first brought home Mirabelle, O'Shawnnessey and Darby I told her to rest on her pillow and she waited for the kittens to approach her, she never went up to the kittens. She always laid on her pillow and let them come to her. She is such a sweet girl, I love her so much and so do the kittens! :D

Debbie