Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

BET channel and Vick

NoahGrey
October 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but the channel BET, is giving Mike Vick is own reality show....sooooo boycott the channel. Its digusting how people still think of animal cruelty as a joke.

ACO22

chico2
October 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
ACO,yes,I think we posted it already,I never watch that channel anyway.
I also read yesterday,that a shelter asked Vic too come and see some of his dogs,but the jerk declined.

mastifflover
October 16th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I emailed and told them I am cancelling the package that contains BET from my cable because I cannot support a channel that would employ such a piece of feces. I got an email yesterday that sounded like they may be a bit concerned by their choice to air this show. They do not want to lose viewers and have recieved other emails that sound similar to mine. So I am waiting to see what will happen. From the gist of the email it sounds like they may regret signing this show. Honestly they cannot really do anything about it since they have bought it they have to air it. These things cost a lot to buy and they need to try and get back there money.

Melei'sMom
October 18th, 2009, 02:28 AM
BET is one of the channels that we could pick, and this morning I called my cable co and had it removed from our lineup. the girl I talked too said I was not the first to do that! maybe the morons who make the desicions will get the hint that we will not put up with Vick

meow
October 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I wrote to them and told them I was DISGUSTED by their decision and I would NOT be watching their channel or anything they support until they remove this killer from TV. what are they planning on doing? showing dog fighting next? I told them he is a horibble example of a human being and there are many more good people they could do a show on. I told them that if he is oging to do a show THEY should pay Best Friends Sancutauary directly and NOT him. SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

meow
October 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I emailed and told them I am cancelling the package that contains BET from my cable because I cannot support a channel that would employ such a piece of feces. I got an email yesterday that sounded like they may be a bit concerned by their choice to air this show. They do not want to lose viewers and have recieved other emails that sound similar to mine. So I am waiting to see what will happen. From the gist of the email it sounds like they may regret signing this show. Honestly they cannot really do anything about it since they have bought it they have to air it. These things cost a lot to buy and they need to try and get back there money.

I recieved NO response from BET

chico2
October 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I am going to call my cable-provider and see if they can take BET out of our package,then I too will write them.
Has anyone got the e-mail to BET handy??

Melei'sMom
October 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Contact us page on BET.com http://www.bet.com/site/site_contactus

hope this is what you need

meow
October 29th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Michael Vick is SICK
http://www.bet.com/News/Features/feature_michaelvick_main.htm
:evil::evil::evil::mad::mad::mad::yuck::yuck::sick ::sick:

TwinTails
October 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I just canceled my cable subscription for that channel and emailed BET about it. Let's see what they say :yuck:

Luvmypitgirls
November 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM
I've heard he got an endorsement from Nike too.....:mad::mad::mad:

sugarcatmom
November 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I've heard he got an endorsement from Nike too.....:mad::mad::mad:

They're just giving him shoes to wear, no official endorsement. :rolleyes:

Golden Girls
November 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
They're just giving him shoes to wear, no official endorsement. :rolleyes:Exactly :rolleyes:

"Nike doesn't have a contractual relationship with MV. We have agreed to supply product to MV as we do a number of athletes who are not under contract with Nike"http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/10/nike-there-is-no-new-endorsement-deal-with-michael-vick/1

Nike Endorsement Commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aug-jFhtOg&feature=player_embedded

Melinda
November 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
does anyone know what channel that is? I'm not sure if its in any of our packages, how would I find out??

Luvmypitgirls
November 4th, 2009, 11:29 AM
They're just giving him shoes to wear, no official endorsement. :rolleyes:

Well in my humble opinion, giving MV shoes to wear is an endorsement whether they have him under contract or not.
Putting their shoes on his feet, says they support him, and that is enough for me.
I threw out the two pairs I had before I moved, and I will never buy Nike again.
Nike, should put shoes on the feet of the needy like homeless ppl, or on the feet of kids living in poverty, not the feet of a man who tortures and kills animals for thrills and money :frustrated:

Sorry ... the MV thing still hits me where it hurts :sad:

chico2
November 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
LMPG,I totally agree:sad:
I never used to read the sport-pages in the newspaper,but I keep looking for anything about MV and there usually is nothing,I guess protesters are no longer protesting,or maybe they just want to keep things quiet thinking people will forget,well not me.

The same is happening with Michael Bryant,push the court-date so people no longer remember he killed a man,then quietly give him a slap on the wrist:yell:sickening!!