Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy Manners 101

luckypenny
October 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM
As always, Lucky takes it upon himself to teach new puppies that taking toys away from others is a no-no. The odd thing is that Luck normally doesn't play with toys :rolleyes:. But he will choose one or two and just lay with it nearby or between his front legs when there's a pup in the house. And then the lesson begins...

Cute little puppy comes to see what he has and then tries to take it. Notice Lucky's hard eyes, mouth, and the slightly wrinkly muzzle in the first pic? Mika pulls her head back...she understands she's not allowed to take the toy. She's one of Lucky's best students yet :angel:.

luckypenny
October 13th, 2009, 09:43 PM
This is what transpires after Lucky gives her the first message. Like the smart little girl she is, she rolls over and plays innocent :D. "But I wasn't trying to take your toy Uncle Lucky, I was just lookin' at it."

"See my pretty little puppeh teef? I'm harmless :angel:."

:laughing:

luckypenny
October 13th, 2009, 09:45 PM
By the way, he taught her the doggie equivalent of the "wait" command and she was finally allowed to play with it after 20 minutes :thumbs up.

Frenchy
October 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM
"See my pretty little puppeh teef? I'm harmless :angel:."

:laughing:

omg she's freaking cute ! :lovestruck: and a suck up :laughing: good girl Mika , pretty soon , Lucky will be letting you all the toys :thumbs up

luckypenny
October 13th, 2009, 10:23 PM
pretty soon , Lucky will be letting you all the toys :thumbs up

She already has Penny trained to drop all the toys at her feet with that sweet puppy look :laughing:.

Smiley14
October 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Oh, hehe, I love seeing how they communicate. :laughing: Good boy Lucky, teaching the newbies! :cloud9: :laughing:

Bailey_
October 13th, 2009, 11:52 PM
GREAT set of photos LP!! Lucky sure is a great teacher. :thumbs up

Dogs always set such a great example when it comes to training/teaching pups, don't they?? Love it!

14+kitties
October 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Lucky is an excellent teacher! :cloud9: I love him! Mika is growing o big!!
I love how animals teach. It's amazing to watch both dogs and cats learning from their elders. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 14th, 2009, 01:15 AM
omd, look at her turn on the charm! :laughing:

Lucky is a disciplinarian, though, I see. He's got more fortitude than hazel does--she would have given her the toy in about 2 seconds flat!!! :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 14th, 2009, 04:21 AM
What an excellant teacher you are Lucky :highfive:

Love the pics :cloud9: both of them are too cute :lovestruck:

Rottielover
October 14th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I love them.... It is amazing what they can learn off each other. Harley translated all the commands in english for roxy, LOL.
Good boy Lucky, you have come so far :)

aslan
October 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Don't fall for her lash batting feminine wyles Lucky,,you hide your toys from those evil girls...nice shot LP..:thumbs up

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
LOL, love the last one.

Dee-O-Gee
October 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
You can't have a good student without an excellent teacher! :lovestruck:

Did Lucky give out his mark yet to Mika? Looks to me like she's in for an A+ :thumbs up

diandpat
October 14th, 2009, 04:03 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: the last picture of her "sucking up" on her back is too funny. I LOVE Lucky's face "don't make eye contact" :lovestruck:

Very sweet pics. Looks like she is coming along very nicely. Nice that the entire household participates in the fostering process :thumbs up

BenMax
October 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Amazing that you captured this interaction. This is an excellent example of canine behaviour. Looks like the little one 'got it'.

Well LP -you already know my thoughts about Lucky....what can I say:cloud9:

chico2
October 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Lucky is such a great teacher and handsome too,teaching the little cute squirt a few things,like,who's the boss:laughing:
Great pics:dog::dog:

Love4himies
October 14th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Wow, what a great Uncle Lucky makes :cloud9::lovestruck: and so handsome too :flirt:. Having an adult dog that is such a good teacher must make it so easy on the pups :thumbs up

clm
October 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
What a great series of pics. :laughing: You're lucky you have such a great teacher to help you. :thumbs up

clm

TeriM
October 17th, 2009, 01:47 AM
What a fabulous series of pictures LP :thumbs up. It looks like handsome Lucky is teaching that cutie pie very well :cloud9:.

JennieV
October 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Awww...Lucky...:cloud9: I miss you, big guy! tell mommy that auntie Jennie always brings extra cookies in her purse when she comes for a visit...and a bottle of wine...or a dessert... LOL
:cool:

Ford Girl
October 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Just adorable LP, Lucky's such a good boy!! The pups so cute.