Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on my household....

cpietra16
October 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I haven't been around as much lately because of my school and full time work and 3 kids , but you guys are never too far from my thoughts..just an update on my kitties...they are still here and way too happy and settled. I also went to check on Mommy...our first Lachine rescue and she seems to be doing ok..but still pretty much semi-feral..I took Antonio to see her and they recognized each other as being from the same colony. those pictures will be coming up as soon as I know how to send them to my computer from my cell phone.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/cpietra16/DSC04084.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/cpietra16/DSC04091.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/cpietra16/DSC04087.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/cpietra16/DSC04097.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/cpietra16/DSC04085.jpg

Rottielover
October 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
wow have they all grown, still no luck placing them :(
They are gorgeous, and you are very brave

cpietra16
October 12th, 2009, 01:49 PM
stupid...more than brave....ignorance is bliss:thumbs up

BenMax
October 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
They look pretty content to me!:lovestruck:

I have had no choice but to keep 2 of my fosters because they never got any hits. Now up to 5 cats but hey - they are happy and so am I.

hazelrunpack
October 12th, 2009, 02:05 PM
What a gorgeous bunch of kitties! :cloud9: Love the grooming shot!!! :lovestruck: Hard to believe there were no takers...but they're certainly in a wonderful place. :D

cpietra16
October 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I finally got the pics from cell to computer...here is mommy and Antonio

cpietra16
October 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Benmax, I could handle 5, even 6 but I have 11 and way too many cats to be in a 850square foot house with 3 kids...but yes, they are happy, and we are very hairy...:D
Our Thanksgiving Turkey had cats hair instead of feathers!!!!:yell:

BenMax
October 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Benmax, I could handle 5, even 6 but I have 11 and way too many cats to be in a 850square foot house with 3 kids...but yes, they are happy, and we are very hairy...:D

Oh I hear you. Did you try contacting cat rescue groups to courtesy post for you?

Frenchy
October 12th, 2009, 04:22 PM

:laughing:

the kitties all look good cpietra , good job !!! :thumbs up

chico2
October 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
cpietra,I am glad they are still with you,although 11 cats in a small house I am sure can cause some problems:laughing:
Tess does not seem to mind all the company,what about the basement kitties,still with you too???

cpietra16
October 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
oh yah..the basements cats are still around Chico...and with the kittens around to annoy them they are more social and come up for food....

a:DThe kittens have taken the basement by storm...they have conquered the restless kitties.....do ya get the drift...

14+kitties
October 12th, 2009, 10:22 PM
What beautiful babies. Although none of them look that small any more. I am really sorry you didn't get any takers on adoptions. I don't have any either. I know both of the rescues I am with are having issues too. They are filled to overflowing and more coming. No where for them. :sad:
Hang in there. At least you know they are in a safe place. :thumbs up Somewhere down the line it gets better. :grouphug:

lUvMyLaB<3
October 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Cute cute! I hear ya! With my newest failure i have 2 cats, but with fosters i am at 8. . . . . . .their families are out there! At least thats what i tell dh. . .i just got a nasty text a minute ago about smelling cat poo in the bedroom. .haha, me and the cats might be on the street before morning!

Bailey_
October 12th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I have 11 and way too many cats to be in a 850square foot house with 3 kids...
I have had no choice but to keep 2 of my fosters because they never got any hits. Now up to 5 cats but hey - they are happy and so am I.
With my newest failure i have 2 cats, but with fosters i am at 8

This all warms my heart. You Kitty Shepherds are amazing!!! :cloud9:

Love4himies
October 13th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Hi cpietra, I have been thinking about you lately and wondering how you were doing.:grouphug:

Your kitties are looking very, very much at home :laughing: You are doing such a great job with them. Sending some :goodvibes: that they get placed soon I have feeling they don't want to go anywhere though :p

I guess no word on Angel :sad: :cry:

chico2
October 13th, 2009, 08:37 AM
cpietra,the laughing smiley at the end of my post was inappropriate :sorry:I am sure having all those cats in the house is not easy,but I am glad they are safe.
You've had Charlie and the other kitty(forgot the name:confused:)for quite awhile,they probable enjoy the kittens...:pray:you find homes for them:fingerscr

cpietra16
October 16th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Oh I know you too well Chico to take offence to what you put down...I kno wwhat you mean...but please keep in mind the kittens and mommy ( Fiona) are still available and very cuddly and they get along with dogs, cats and kids....:)

ancientgirl
October 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM
You are truly one of the good ones. Bless you for helping all of those kitties. :grouphug:

chico2
October 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cpietra,I wish I could help you out,I know what a wonderful person you are,I would never say anything hurtful to you.
We have our 3 cats,who do not like other cats and we cannot afford more vet-bills otherwise I would have a dozen.
I also have a stray outside whom I am getting closer to every day,feed him tons of food.
We are just in the process of putting together a winter-shelter for him and hopefully our HS will do a trap/neuter/release back here to us.:fingerscr

Melinda
October 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM
are the kittens all s/n and shots Cpietra16? or do you have to keep them all separated right now??? The reason I ask is because there must be rescues now that have spaces?